Rush Limbaugh Slams Beyonce’s New Single ‘Bow Down’ — Watch

Thu, March 21, 2013 1:19pm EST by 14 Comments
Rush Limbaugh Beyonce
SplashNews, Getty

The right-winged radio host isn’t a fan of Beyonce’s latest single and he thinks it’s because the song is about bowing down to your husbands. Watch his latest rant.

Beyonce isn’t going to find a fan in Rush Limbaugh. The singer released her single “Bow Down,” and now, on his show on Wednesday, Mar. 20, Rush said that he thinks this is a complete “180” from her normally empowering songs for women. But did he misunderstand the meaning of B’s new song?

Rush Limbaugh On Beyonce’s ‘Bow Down’

Rush had this to say: “[Destiny’s Child] songs were attempts to inspire young women not to take any grief from men. She’s done a 180. Beyoncé, now having been married, having been impregnated and giving birth to Blue Ivy…she’s got a new song, ‘Bow, Down Bitches’… Beyoncé is now saying, ‘Go ahead and put up with it!'”

He went on to say: “You know why? I’ll tell you why. Because she married a rich guy. She’s even calling herself Mrs. Carter on the tour … She has shelved Beyonce … She now understands it’s worth it to bow down.”

Mmm, not so fast Rush. We don’t think Beyonce’s song is about telling women to bow dow to their men. We actually think this could be about haters in the music industry or perhaps she was bullied growing up in Houston. But about being a subservient wife? Think again.

– Chloe Melas

More Beyonce ‘Bow Down’ News:

1. Keyshia Cole Slams Beyonce For New Song ‘Bow Down’
  2. Beyonce Releases Controversial New Single — Listen

acne

Posted at 11:15 PM on April 26, 2013

I was suggested this website by my cousin. I am not sure whether or not this publish is written by him as nobody else know this kind of comprehensive about my difficulty. You are extraordinary! Thanks! your post about Very best Regards SchaadAndy

acne treatment

Posted at 11:14 PM on April 26, 2013

I truly a great deal like the fresh perpective anyone did from the issue. Truly wasn’t expecting that while i started away studying. Your principles were always easy to recognize or know that I wondered why My spouse and i never researched it ahead of. Glad to discover that theres a person to choose from that definitely understands exactly what hes discussing. Well accomplished

acne treatment

Posted at 11:13 PM on April 26, 2013

pretty useful stuff, overall I consider this is really really worth a bookmark, thanks

acne treatment

Posted at 11:13 PM on April 26, 2013

I haven’t looked at your web page since October and I’m shocked that I can see something like this. The articles are fantastic and also the graphics and photos just fantastic! I can’t consider my eyes out of your weblog Really feel totally free to look at my weblog!

acne treatment

Posted at 11:11 PM on April 26, 2013

This website is awesome. I continuously encounter something new & different correct right here. Thank you for that data.

acne treatment

Posted at 11:10 PM on April 26, 2013

It’s a change of pace for me to locate refreshing content. You captured my interest with this content. You’ve written an informative and fascinating post with really great authentic content material.

acne treatment

Posted at 11:09 PM on April 26, 2013

Sounds like you’re looking in the topic too much type one stage of see imh

asfandancer

Posted at 4:55 PM on March 21, 2013

This man is so completely off base with everything he says. He has no concept of what the song is about.

Anonymous

Posted at 4:09 PM on March 21, 2013

I dont understand why people are taking it so personally.It is a song.If anybody deserves to be cocky it is her.Can she get at least one chance? Nobody is saying anything about these other singers that are doing it that also consider themselves “good people.” Let her live.It is not like she said every b*tch in the world needs to bow at my feet or as dumb a $$$ people are interpreting it bow to your man.Noone had anything to say when Rhianna turned “bad.”It is a song.get over it.get a damn life.It is not that deep.Rush, Keyshia Cole, and whoever else is taking it to the heart BOW DOWN B*TCHES!

cindy

Posted at 3:24 PM on March 21, 2013

Rush is nothing but “a rush!”

ELVIS PRESLEY

Posted at 3:18 PM on March 21, 2013

SHE IS STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve

Posted at 2:12 PM on March 21, 2013

I heard Rush talk about this yesterday. Most of the time, he was referencing an article in a London newspaper, where one of their staff writers was criticizing the song. Very little of Rush’s comments were his own opinion; he was quoting someone else.

Danielle K

Posted at 2:08 PM on March 21, 2013

I don’t get it. One story highlights all these celebrities up in arms about this song. Now Rush is highlighted for doing the same. She sings about being Jay Z’s song, but yet you think he is off base? I like reading this site, but hate that you politicize so many articles.

Jessica