‘Pretty Little Liars’ Season Finale Recap: Red Coat Is Finally Revealed

Tue, March 19, 2013 9:18pm EDT by 61 Comments
Pretty Little Liars Alison Red Coat
Courtesy of ABC Family

Morgan

Posted at 11:49 PM on March 20, 2013

I don’t know where everyone is getting Courtney from. They never introduced Courtney in the show? but I think Alison is alive. From the very beginning I had my suspisions and thought she sstill was. However, I don’t think it is that simple. I am also glad that Toby was only in the A team to keep Spencer safe. They were perfect. And I don’t really know about shauna and Jenna. I am not sure what they are really doing. Jenna always has connections to a cop.
In the trunk is either Alison, Wilden, CeCe, or Toby. Just ideas.

TabloidJunkie

Posted at 11:31 PM on March 20, 2013

Ok lets do this step by step:
1) I don’t think it is Alison that is Red Coat. I read the books and in the books they introduced an Alison twin, Courtney. Courtney is who I believe Red Coat is. In the book the girls were really friends with Courtney not Alison. Alison was locked up in Radley where Courtney was sopposed ti be. Courtney forcibly traded places with her sister. So in the book they were locked in the house and Courtney set the house up and the girls got out. But Court did not. Or so they thought or whatever.
2) Real happy Toby is not dead!
3) Now that Mona got the same text from A that the others did, does that mean that they all are in for it now?
4) I think Wilden is in the trunk OR it is Cece.
You never know!

Beth

Posted at 10:18 PM on March 20, 2013

Omg i was freaking out this morning because me and my friends were talking about it ali has to be red coat girl she is not dead i knew that from the beginning it is so true because she would be the only ooe to save the girls from the house fire

Clare

Posted at 8:26 PM on March 20, 2013

Okay so i have a theory:
I think Alison got buried underground but then her sister helped her get out and then Alison kills her sister and made it look like she died. Makes sense right? ut this episode was just playing with my emotions wayy tooo much!

kev

Posted at 8:19 PM on March 20, 2013

ok so i think Ali had a psyco twin sister who played as Ali, but in acuality her name is courtney. and courtney was the one who “died” not ali but everyone new her as ali. Courtney liked the girls, but Ali did not. and i think Ali pulled courtneys hand out of the ground. Courtney was the one who saved the girls

Jess

Posted at 8:10 PM on March 20, 2013

I am annoyed! There are so many questions that have not been answered since season 1! I’m starting to forget characters and interactions between everyone. None of the liars seemed too worried about Jason’s disappearance from the hospital even though it’s Spencer’s half-brother… they haven’t said one word.
I found the finale very disappointing, I was expecting to get answers instead of more questions. The cliff hanger was pretty rubbish and stuff that was “shocking” most people had already suspected. I’m learning not to bother guessing/looking for clues cos the storyline is just getting so messed up.. I mean at the end of the day these girls are just normal teenagers in high school, for a whole group of people to hate them this much is odd. I’m just going to watch to get the answers when they eventually come
On another note, I love The Lying Game and can’t believe renewal is not a given! The story line is great and moves fast! I have definitely found that I enjoy it more than PLL and just don’t understand why it doesn’t have more fans/credit!

John Doe

Posted at 7:54 PM on March 20, 2013

Did anyone else realize that Dr.Sulivan knew Toby was A because remember she was in the same restaurant with “Pretty Eyes” which turned out to be toby…Dr.Sulivan just forgot to mention this???
Maybe she is part of the A team or was blackmailed.

A

Posted at 7:42 AM on March 21, 2013

Didn’t she say she was being blackmailed over her son before with Mona ? I don’t know, cba to watch episodes back to look at every detail

Lea

Posted at 1:58 PM on March 20, 2013

I think it’s CeCe because when the Detective was after her, he was packing a red coat. If you go back to that episode you will see the red coat in her language. Also she has been mistake for Alison before. Another thing is, Spencer saw red coat on the street and started following her then she made a turn and the red coat was gone. On the street when red coat was gone was CeCe’s car. CeCe’s car is a red sport car and in another episode she said her car got towed but really she was in it. The car she was sitting in was a red sports car. You look at the details.

bob

Posted at 12:54 PM on March 20, 2013

Honestly… I had goosebumps the whole episode but I think there were too many loose ends this finale. June is too long!

Only Known As Anonymous

Posted at 3:26 AM on March 20, 2013

Okay, my predictions:
– Ali is actually red coat, but has a whole new team.
– The fire was started by either Melissa, Jenna or Shauna
– Toby was hit by either Melissa, Jenna or Shauna
– The brunette in the woods was Jenna
– The A team is Mona + others drifting in and out. I feel there won’t be an A team in the next season, Red Coats team will be the main priority
– Jason’s body was in the trunk
– The car was got out by Red Coats team
– Jenna, Melissa and Shauna are against the Liars but also know about the A team
Oh and…
– Ezaria will DEFINITELY live on!!

Anonymous

Posted at 7:13 AM on March 20, 2013

I totally agree with you about the Jason thing

Samantha

Posted at 11:22 AM on March 20, 2013

I wish they would just show who a team is and red coat is I’m mean y do thins they should just tell who red coat

Hanna

Posted at 5:32 PM on March 20, 2013

i totally agree with all of your predictions but, who’s hand was coming out of the ground and who grabbed the hand?!?Atleast there are only eighty-three days till June 11th!!!! I just counted and there were so many secrets in this episode but i think the real red coat is Cece because her and Ali are like bestfriends. I just want to know everything and i wanna read the last book of the series!!!!!!

what

Posted at 2:11 AM on March 20, 2013

I’m so freaking confused!!! Like nothing was answered!!

-who started the fire?
-who hit Toby?
-who was the brunette in the woods?
-is red coat really Ali?
-who’s actually on the a team?
-is Ali like good now?
-is Mona good now?
-what was I the trunk?
-who got the car out?
-whats with Jenna Melissa and shana?

A little disappointed…

Anahisa

Posted at 1:56 AM on March 20, 2013

Who was the brunette in the woods?
Who hit Toby?
Who set the fire?
Is Ali good?
Who are the real members of A Team?

Amber

Posted at 1:28 AM on March 20, 2013

OMG! Wow, so Alison is alive! But why torture them? Can’t wait till S4!

Diya

Posted at 5:40 AM on March 20, 2013

alison never died!! it was her nice twin sister courtney, who was pretending to be alison.
alison killed courtney and now torturing her friends!!

Samantha

Posted at 9:59 AM on March 20, 2013

Why is Alison torturing spencer, aria, Emily, hannah

abe is doing it?!!

Posted at 12:46 AM on March 20, 2013

was it the ghost of elizabeth taylor, folks?

Ashley

Posted at 12:21 AM on March 20, 2013

Its allison, i knew it, it was courtney her twin sister that was friends with them all those years, courtney stole ali’s life and got ali locked up in a nut house and thats why ali killed courtney, i knew they were gonna follow the book! I was ver diappointed in the episode as well

Niki

Posted at 10:55 PM on March 19, 2013

They can’t be serious.
No real answer? It COULD be Alison.
And what’s with Jenna, Shauna & Melissa?
Very disappointing.

Ann

Posted at 10:42 PM on March 19, 2013

I think its alison’s twin like in the books

Alivia schulte

Posted at 10:28 PM on March 19, 2013

I had goosebumps the whole episode!!!!

Bri

Posted at 10:24 PM on March 19, 2013

If Allison’s redcoat, why did she start this whole thing anyway? Was it just a joke???!?! Because if it is, Mona’s NOT the messed up one. But overall… IM STILL CONFUSED

Pix

Posted at 10:19 PM on March 19, 2013

Are you high? That was the worst episode ever. so disapointing.. whe didn’t learn half the things they said we would and what we did learn what either lame or very much expected
We still don’t know who killed ali, who was the queen of hearts, who’s really on the A team, if it was really ali, we saw shana for 2 minutes and now she’s so important? LAME. and they do the twin thing it’s gonna be even worse
Most of all, we still don’t know who the freaking body was, seriously?
Useless episode

Snack

Posted at 1:11 PM on March 20, 2013

Ali killed Ali… Only the Ali that died was courtney

Katelynn

Posted at 10:19 PM on March 19, 2013

I think it’s Jason in the trunk of the car. He has been missing for a while and made a wierd disappearance at the hospital

Justin Burnell

Posted at 10:11 PM on March 19, 2013

Reblogged this on thehiltonburnellfiles and commented:
The finale which I gotta was very crazy that Ali was in the red coat. The stuff that Mona say about red coat was bullshit. Toby’s alive, Ezra & Aria break up, Spencer on “A” Team, and what’s in the trunk. I wanna what’s in that damn trunk. The plot was intense. Can’t wait for the fourth season premiere on June 11th. Hell fuckin’ yeah!!!!

dannig0559

Posted at 9:50 PM on March 19, 2013

I think alli is alive and her twin

Kayley

Posted at 9:47 PM on March 19, 2013

Okay so I’m really confused because they said it was a 2hr long event and it was only an hour! Is there a Part 2 soon or what happened?!

shin

Posted at 10:05 PM on March 19, 2013

they meant 2 hour long event in that pll was one hour and twisted was the other hour (new episodes) thats what they mean by 2 hour long

Some Guy

Posted at 11:25 PM on March 19, 2013

Lol…it was a 2 hour event including the new twisted show after PLL

J

Posted at 11:46 PM on March 19, 2013

it was not supposed to be a two hour event I believe that the other hour was a sneak peek at the new series coming soon to ABC Family

anastarstar

Posted at 9:43 PM on March 19, 2013

Mona seemed disappointed redcoats was just Ali.. the person who had need tormenting her the whole time.

With the way the whole fire starting/redcoats off the plane at the same tine thing it seems as if there’s way more black hoodies than they’ve revealed.

Also I think they’re going to twist the books up a bit with Courtney and Ali both being alive.. I can’t tell if they’re working together or separate. But redcoats pulled the hand out at the end that was presumably Alisons.
I could be wrong cuz my TV glare but it looked like the hand pulling up had a red sleeve.

dewdropvelvet

Posted at 10:08 PM on March 19, 2013

Yeah, but they did find a dead body that matched her dental records.. but remember all that stuff with the therapist being kidnapped and Hannah working at the office them trying to see all of Alis report from the morgue.. I dunno, I guess it could have been messed with. But I’m beginning to feel like we’re in the books here.. So twisted you don’t know what’s real. Will they tell the world Ali is alive like in the books and be called Liars in the press?! Probably not. Anyway, it’s intriguing..

dewdropvelvet

Posted at 10:09 PM on March 19, 2013

(autopsy report, I meant, of Ali… also, how could they keep the twin thing secret from the police? Is it easier to have holes in a book or a show that everyone talks about?)