‘Secret Life’ Stars Preview Wedding ‘Obstacles’ & Surprise Endings

Mon, March 18, 2013 12:04pm EDT by 94 Comments
Secret Life Wedding Spoilers
Courtesy of ABC Family

Megan Park & Daren Kagasoff look back on 109 episodes & give HollywoodLife.com the scoop on what’s still to come!

The final 12 episodes of ABC Family’s The Secret Life of the American Teenager begin March 18, and if you think you’re surprised that the long-running drama is actually coming to an end, just imagine how the cast feels! “It’s going to be really sad to watch the last episode, because that’s it,” Megan Park tells HollywoodLife.com of the series finale, which airs June 3.

“I remember first meeting [Shailene Woodley] at the wardrobe fitting before we filmed the pilot,” she recalls. “She was 15 then, and she was with her mom, and I was with my mom. It’s so crazy!”

“I can’t wait to see the last episode,” adds Daren Kagasoff. “It’s the last time we were all together as a cast, so it’s close to my heart.”

Will Ricky & Amy Get Married?

One of the biggest events of the final 12 episodes — assuming it actually happens — is the highly anticipated wedding of Amy and Ricky. But you’ll have to wait until the big day comes, because Daren isn’t giving up anything.

“There are definitely some obstacles, and I can’t even say if we do get married or if we don’t,” he says. Let’s just say she gets a wedding dress, and it wasn’t one that I necessarily would have picked out.”

How Will It All End? Who Will End Up With Who?

Not only did Megan not “envision” Grace’s story ending the way it does, but she actually sounds a little disappointed.

“I didn’t want this ending,” Megan admits. “But it makes sense. I can see why they decided to do this with my character. It’s definitely, definitely not the ending I was expecting.”

Sadly, she can’t say whether or not Grace’s ending involves a happily-ever-after with Jack (Greg Finley), but she promises fans are in for more than one shocker.

“I was really surprised to see who everyone ends up with, and where they end up, and what they’re doing,” she hints. “It’s real, but it’s not what everybody’s going to want.”

While Daren agrees the series doesn’t end the way he predicted, he think the characters are exactly where they belong.

“The ending is unbelievable,” he says. “I think it all ended correctly. When we were informed we weren’t coming back, [creator Brenda Hampton] had to scramble to come up with an ending, and I think the way she did it was phenomenal.”

HollywoodLifers, how do YOU hope The Secret Life will end? Drop a comment with your hopes and predictions for the final 12 episodes below!

— Andy Swift

More Secret Life on HollywoodLife.com:

1. ‘Secret Life’ Star Renee Olstead Promises ‘Crazy’ Final Episodes
  2. ‘Secret Life’ Scoop: Will Amy & Lauren Ever Forgive Madison?
  3. ‘Secret Life’ Scoop: Francia Raisa Talks Kissing Grace & Stealing Ricky

lis

Posted at 9:40 PM on June 3, 2013

Hate the end is so frustrating to watch a show for 5 years and see this end really bad writer

danielle

Posted at 9:16 PM on June 3, 2013

I am so sad to see that this show has finally came to an end & it honestly had me in tears, I wanted Amy & Ricky together, always wanted them together. Her walking in and out of that door wanting to go back up, made me think she was going too, & then when she never walked back in, it killed me when Ricky said & she lived happily ever after & we will too :( loved this show so much, really hate to see it go off. <3 <3 <3

Diamond

Posted at 2:35 PM on June 3, 2013

This show “taught” me a lot. I am really sad that its going off the air. This is one of the best shows on abcfamily.

Michelle

Posted at 8:38 PM on June 1, 2013

I am very disappointed to see this show coming to an end…but it would be really hard to keep the show going…afterall they are now all going to be graduated and moved on to college etc. Can’t really keep it going.
I agree with all of those that feel Amy and RICKY should end up together. We have been faithfully watching this show and have seen the HUGE changes Ricky has made. He has really grown up, became very responsible, fell in love with Amy along the way, has been faithful to Amy, is a great father to John. Maybe they wouldn’t have been together had it not been for John….but because of John, Ricky made some much needed changes in his life and was able to fall in love with the mother of his child. I think Amy & Ricky should end up together and be a family with John. I think Ricky should go to NY with Amy, he can work at the Butcher Shop or whatever there…so it would all work out.
Ben on the other hand….he needs to GROW THE HELL UP!! He is about to graduate HS…and honestly I think he showed more maturity as a freshman then he does now!! What happened to him?? I agree he has become quite creepy and stalker like towards Amy!
Ben and Adriane would be ok together….either that or the 2 of them need to be by themselves and work on themselves. Adriane is so completely messed up!! If SHE isn’t happy then NOBODY can be happy and she will make sure of that…she has proved that time and time again! I can’t stand Adriane..never did like her. Only time she was maybe half way decent was when she was with Omar…but honestly I think Omar deserves better than Adriane! She is too manipulative and selfish!
Jack & Grace…do not belong together. Jack & Madison are perfect for each other.
Grace I think needs to be alone, go to school, med school and all of that before she will find the right person…I think what would be great is for Grace and Grant to find each other again in the future and get together.
Ethan & Kathy I would love to see together…they are very cute together…they are young but would love to see them back together for their HS days anyway…who knows maybe even after that.
Clementine needs to leave Ricky alone and not interfere with his relationship with Amy. I liked her in the beginning because she seemed nice enough and respected their relationship…but after that letter she wrote to Ricky….shows she doesn’t have respect for Amy and the relationship her and Ricky have. So I no longer like Clementine!!
Therefore…. I hope Ricky gets as far away from Clementine and Adriane as possibly like him going to NY with Amy…and he can keep Ben away from Amy also!!
I’ll say it….RAMY forever!! ha ha!!

Ali Wichrowski

Posted at 11:01 PM on May 31, 2013

Personally always thought that, Amy has always have loved Ben. From the start, but she has been with Ricky, because of John. And being parents to John that’s not going to change anything. The couples that I would love to see to get together. On the end: Amy and Ben, Ricky and Clementine, or Ricky and Grace. I don’t mind either one. Jack and Madison, Alice and Henry- only as friends, they can still keep in touch with each other. Ben and Adrienne. Is my last choice. I would like to the, Basic couples that they had on the show. Since day 1. The Only person that I always liked with , Jack was Madison. So,Jack and Madison.

kay

Posted at 3:24 AM on May 30, 2013

I think the last season really, really sucked. But I’m sad to see it go, I’ve seen every episode and I’ve sort of grown u with it.

Rhondaj

Posted at 6:03 AM on May 29, 2013

So disappointed it’s coming to an end. I have been a faithful viewer and will definitely miss the show. I think the finale may be a tear jerker. Only wishing the network would reconsider axing the show. :(

Leia

Posted at 3:43 AM on May 29, 2013

I’m very upset that this is the las episode approaching in less than a week. Love the show! But I’m gonna have to say I’ve always had a heart for Amy and Ben. But being locked in the condo, Adrian and Ben might hit it off again. Definently Jack and Madison will be on again. I like Kathy and Ethan, granted they were just as young and immature as the other couples were when they began, they’re just cute, so I’m looking for that pair in the end. As for Amy and Ricky, I just don’t know. I think the wedding may be off, if not post poned. Eh with the Clementine fiasco. And poor Omar. If he were to end up with anyone, I do wish it were Adrian, they were cute, and she needs someone more like Omar, definently. Uh, other than that, I hate to watch one of my absolute favorite shows come to an end. I’m upset. But if I can, I’m fixin to buy every season somehow.

Tabbie

Posted at 10:31 PM on May 28, 2013

I am also a very faithful watcher and I will be very upset if Amy and Ricky break up. Ben needs to stay out of their way and leave them alone, as for Adrian she needs to go to New York with Omar and quit trying to cause everyone else heartache. I also hope that Ethan makes everything right with Kathy, they are good together. And as for Jack and Grace….i just feel bad for that poor boy. Clementine needs to go back where she came from. I am so sad that this will be the end forever, its my favorite show. RAMY FOREVER

Isabella

Posted at 10:29 PM on May 28, 2013

I have been a long time viewer and I would like to see the following pairings at the end!
Amy and Ben
Ricky and Adrianne
Madison and Jack
Grace by herself
Lauren by herself but I would take her with a random chance with Omar
Alice and Henry keep in touch while hes away
Ethan and Kathy date thru highschool and he finally gets laid after a while and she doesn’t get pregnant!

With that said…I really really liked Omar and Adrianne together so I would be happy with that pairing as well.
Which would then leave Ricky by himself, but I’m sure Clementine would be in the wings.

jessica boakye

Posted at 9:01 PM on May 28, 2013

First and foremost Amy and Ben do not belong together, Ricky and Amy do (ramy). All of you bandwagons fans should shut up, ok? Because i love and have watched this show since 2008 going into 2009 so basically 5 years of my life. Amy and Ricky will be together and ben will be forever alone! Clementine is really thirsty and should stop going after Ricky.

Stephanie

Posted at 8:09 AM on May 28, 2013

I hope Amy and Ricky end up together, he loves her so much you can see it in his eyes. What he said to clementine and Ethan proves he wants to be with Amy. He wants to make her happy! Lets face it Ben like many have said and i agree has been TOTALLY CREEPY! All of us girls would have a restraining order on him by now. Also, not trying to be mean but Clementine has also been too NEEDY. She’s so desperate to be with Ricky. Knowingly she gave him a letter that if not for Rickys changes would have messed it all up with Amy. So NO i don’t think breaking Ricky and Amy up would be a great idea for the shows finale. Both Ben and Clementine need to either find themselves and go all coo coo for each other or be calm and wait for their person, and lets face it the only reason those two are there is too make Amy’s and Ricky’s relationship all suspensful! On to the other couples Adrian ADORES Omar no doubt those two will find there way to each other! (Lests hope) Grace will go off to medical school graduate and find her true love, maybe an ex… umm, Jack will probably end up with Madison…if you guys haven’t already seen the big kiss then i spoiled it and im truly sorry. Or maybe you know it was just showing us Jack doesn’t want to be married either anymore. Anyways my long summary of the story! Hopefully it goes my way (I feel like Amy now) My hopes for the finale!

MkS

Posted at 5:18 PM on May 28, 2013

I totally agree with you :)
Can’t wait for the expected and emotional finale !!!

Thea Karan

Posted at 7:18 AM on May 28, 2013

I want Amy and Ben together as well as Ricky and Clementine, I want Jack and Grace and maybe Adrian all by themselves in college and Omar in New York, with maybe an open end as in the possibility for Adrian and Omar to get back together. I also want Kathy and Ethan together and I want Chloe free from all this crap.

jayreina1990

Posted at 10:37 PM on May 27, 2013

I hope ben and amy end up together and ricky and Adrian as well the way it should have been before the show turned to crap and got cancelled.

jennifer

Posted at 8:52 PM on May 28, 2013

no ben and amy shouldnt, you arent a true fan if you think so. i dedicated 5 years of my life to this show and im only 13 i love daren kagasoff and shailene woodley!!! dont ever say that again you bandwagon fan!! no offence! ramy forever!!!

MkS

Posted at 7:49 PM on May 27, 2013

I will be so mad If Amy and Ricky don’t end up together.. Please.. Ben and Amy? that was NOTHING compared with Amy and Ricky moments (they had a baby) and Ricky turned into a really good man and a good dad :) Ben just needs go away to Italy or China , I dont know.. But Ricky and Amy are meant to be.

Thea Karan

Posted at 7:20 AM on May 28, 2013

Are you kidding? No! The only reason Amy and Ricky got together is because they had John. Ben and Amy were a true innocent teenage love. I mean, I remember how cute it was in the pilot episode when they ended up dancing, it was so cute!

naquesha

Posted at 2:23 PM on June 1, 2013

Ricky and Amy fell in love during band camp. It all started from there.
Yes Ricky abandoned Amy in the beginning but since he found about the pregnancy he has been there for her. Ben needs to get over Amy.
Ben has always been jealous of Ricky. I don’t think he has matured enough over the seasons of this show. He should leave them alone.

Delia

Posted at 8:46 PM on May 21, 2013

I will be so mad if Ricky and Amy don’t end up together as a happy family with John. He can’t just end up with clementine out of no where, or Amy with Ben. That’s just not how it’s supposed to end. I think a lot of us that seen the secret life all these years wouldn’t like if it ended like that.

Bianca

Posted at 5:47 AM on May 21, 2013

Been waiting years for this! Ben and Amy <3

k

Posted at 12:20 PM on May 21, 2013

ew, why??? hes being like super creepy stalker boy lately. Its actually kinda annoying. If I was Amy I would of punched him already lol

Mya

Posted at 5:04 PM on May 20, 2013

I will be seriously pissed if Ricky and Amy aren’t together at the end. I think almost all of the fans have been waiting FOREVER to see them get together. They have done so much with Ricky and Amy. They can’t just break them up at the end. I think the fans would cause a riot. It would just be sooooo unfair to all of the viewers. i would have some choice words for Brenda if she broke them up. Just saying…..

Leslie

Posted at 1:42 PM on May 21, 2013

I totally agree and Ben is a creepy annoying stalker! He drives me crazy! If Amy and and Ricky don’t get together I will be really mad, but who knows the writing in this show has really went down hill, I can see why it’s getting cancelled.

Naara

Posted at 3:46 PM on May 9, 2013

I jux wish amy n ricky wl end up married,adrain and ben and al families together

Debbie Edwin

Posted at 6:36 AM on May 9, 2013

Everyone expect it to ends just the way we want it,or should I say just the way I want it…Like Amy and Ricky getting married and live a happy life with their son John,and Grace getting back to jack,for Adrian we don’t knw but if only Omar can accept her back and I really wished that Anne was never gay it will be one happy family again.This just how I want it I don’t know of others.

Jalunda

Posted at 1:40 AM on May 8, 2013

I completely agree after all this time the show put into building there relationship I just couldn’t handle it if Amy and Ricky break up for good

Kemisoolah

Posted at 5:13 AM on April 25, 2013

I really wnt amy n ricky to hook up,i dnt care abt anyone else jez d two of dem n john,mayb den o,ben n :::::,grace nd jck nd adrain nd omar..buh if ricky doesnt hook up wid amy mehn i wuld jez destroy d disc..

nina

Posted at 3:47 PM on April 25, 2013

i agred whith that

tlicheykova

Posted at 6:36 PM on April 18, 2013

I willing to see Ben & Amy, Omar&Loren, Clementine& Ricky, Grace on her own, Madison on her own, Adrian open for all college boys. Don’t forget Adrian need self esteem.

KMart

Posted at 10:28 PM on April 8, 2013

If it ends and Amy and Ricky are not together, I’ll feel utterly cheated for having been invested for this many seasons just for those characters and their happily-ever-after ending together. Seriously, this is why Dawson’s Creek pissed me off in it’s series finale, because they kept Dawson alone (he should have been with Joey), they put Joey and Pacey together (never liked that shipping), and they killed off Jen. If they do the same stupid stuff with SLOTAT, I’ll be livid. Amy & Ricky best be in NYC with John by the end of it.

Jalunda

Posted at 1:42 AM on May 8, 2013

I completely agree they spent soo much time building on there relationship throughout the show I mean I just couldn’t take it if Amy and Ricky didn’t end up together

Anna

Posted at 10:24 PM on April 4, 2013

I think that this series will be really sucky if they broke up Ricky & Amy . & put Ricky with Clemetine, I would accept Adrianne. But this other chick came out of nowhere it makes no sense kind of… “/ it will be disappointing none the less.

Jalunda

Posted at 1:45 AM on May 8, 2013

I agree I just think that they invested to much time in Ricky and Amy together to split them up… Then this other chicka came along

Sabrina

Posted at 12:01 AM on May 22, 2013

I think everyone ends up with the one they were with when the show first started except grace Ben and Amy Ricky and Adrian and maybe jack and clementine