Lil Wayne Not Dying — Was ‘Coma’ A Promotional Ploy To Sell New Album?

Fri, March 15, 2013 11:08pm EDT by 85 Comments
Lil Wayne Dying
Invision/AP

Jean Botts

Posted at 6:03 AM on March 16, 2013

He looks horrible,are you sure he is OK???

Lesane parish crooks

Posted at 3:29 AM on March 16, 2013

Real recognize real and real eyes realize real lies and nothing real about lil Wayne

Tyrell

Posted at 4:15 AM on March 16, 2013

original quote came from 2Pac homie, dont get it twisted. I dont like Weezy but id never wish this on anybody, recover well son.

Pill clinton

Posted at 3:18 AM on March 16, 2013

Most of these comments are down right stupid, and clearly half of you people don’t know anything. He smokes herbs, drinks sizzurp, pops xanax and percs and other painkillers and hardly gets any sleep do to working and partying and what not. He already has problems in the past for seizures so clearly this is not a publicity stunt. People need to get there storys straight before you go and post it all over the internet

Lesane parish crooks

Posted at 2:56 AM on March 16, 2013

KILLUMINATI

Tariq

Posted at 1:58 AM on March 16, 2013

Am I a terrible person for wishing this was true?

Michelle

Posted at 1:47 AM on March 16, 2013

Yuck… Look at those gross teeth!!

Syrup City Chic

Posted at 1:41 AM on March 16, 2013

I don’t sip but I live in the City it originated…and I know that this was no publicity stunt! The writer of this bs should be fired…Hewas getting f’d up like he does everyday all day. He got caught because he’s on tour promoting his album. He has a serious problem. He will will die if he doesn’t stop .

london ylop

Posted at 1:22 AM on March 16, 2013

Glad that he is ALright and doing Okay since he had tweeted it

Americans are in trouble

Posted at 1:13 AM on March 16, 2013

also who the hell buys CDs anymore anyways, ESP the new garbage lil Wayne is coming out with, also nicki minaj never was poor or hurting or knows a day about poverty but she sure can sing about it. She’s an ugly potato head looking mutt anyways.

Cisko

Posted at 4:14 AM on March 16, 2013

hahhahaha you’re right Nicki minaj is a potato head, no talent, young money = a joke

Weezy fan TT

Posted at 12:52 AM on March 16, 2013

The NFL, NHL, and NBA all had “lockouts” when their support and attendance were low, and now they are seeing record enthusiasm. Big Wall Street companies file for bankruptcy, now they’re doing great. Threaten to end something people do or did love and their support comes back. Weezy is learning from the best to sell his music, can’t blame the man for wanting money before his supposed retirement, which could be another ploy :o

abe is doing it?!!

Posted at 12:37 AM on March 16, 2013

an american celebrity?
…..JUST EXPECT ANYTHING!!

Bird

Posted at 12:26 AM on March 16, 2013

Lets be real he doesn’t have to do anything to sell records.

Umut

Posted at 12:23 AM on March 16, 2013

I am crying right now so sad hope he gets better

rep

Posted at 12:14 AM on March 16, 2013

He smokes herbal incense he talks about it In his songs . That stuff is known to cause seizures. Trust me I know it happened to my fiance twice in one night. It is a proven fact that spice does that.hmm put two and two together. You smoke spice you have seizures.that’s what happened. Look at Kelly Osborne who is Also on probation.she also got hospitalized for unknown seizures. Spice doesn’t show up on drug test. Do the math. My fiance when she went to the hospital they couldn’t detect what caused the seizures. And it wasn’t syrup I know that and you know that because we have all taken painkillers and when you overdose on them your heart stops and you stop breathing. You don’t have seizures. Think about it..

Ha!

Posted at 12:07 AM on March 16, 2013

This site should be more legit with its information it puts out! Maybe they should know the facts before posting crazy stories like alot of other sites! I understand you’re trying to keep some people updated, but this and TMZ started a frenzy of people freaking out!! Im sure people were in line to claim he is the baby daddy of someone! And stories even started he was on a codeine binge!!! ******no hate intended for everyone to come at me behind a computer! This is simply >MYOWN< thoughts

Terry

Posted at 12:02 AM on March 16, 2013

I just have to say, F*** off hollywood life. I hate lil wayne, and I hate his music even more, but to take a false report on his death, and call it a ploy is beyond deceiving. Lil wayne is in the hospital regardless, so clearly he is having problems with his sizzurp abuse. He just wasn’t dying like TMZ falsely reported. Just let the dude live his life, or continue his struggle to do so. I could have been a hoax set by him, but the likelihood is negligible. It was a hoax, yes, but not by wayne. Just a false report. Like how people think Bill cosby is dead every other month. Stop slandering the man for press.

Logan Morton

Posted at 11:24 PM on March 15, 2013

Wow. In all honesty.. Lil Wayne got me thru some really tough times. I like his art, however if this is a publicity stunt… Wow. Total backfire. This means that he isn’t a legend. Come on dude. Say it ain’t so bro. Like Big Perm said. “Playing with my money is like playing with my emotions.” I can only pray that that the powers that be are turning and churning. Dwayne Carter please speak for yourself… Please respond brother. Please… I hope this is all bs. Bob Marley rip… Haters! Commence.

Mack

Posted at 11:12 PM on March 15, 2013

My GOD he is an ugly Mutherf$&?@

Mack

Posted at 11:11 PM on March 15, 2013

My GOD he is an ugly S.O.B!

sick of the games

Posted at 10:38 PM on March 15, 2013

will never buy his album no one should do this to sell and album you aint God play with death you play with it you get it ask tupac and biggie so done

Madoka Kaname

Posted at 10:38 PM on March 15, 2013

I think my soul just slipped out of my mouth and evaporated into thin air.
[sobs and weeps]
AHAHha WHY ISN’T HE DEAD YET

Jared

Posted at 10:21 PM on March 15, 2013

Please learn how to use the word ironically. Lil Wayne coming out with an album after reports of his near death would be a coincidence. Being a professional writer and not being able to tell the difference would be irony.

Kiki

Posted at 10:19 PM on March 15, 2013

awww what a pity

Lisa J

Posted at 10:10 PM on March 15, 2013

Ok, you bloggers are some real ignorant f*cks all of you ran with the bullsh*t that TMZ wrote and now you want to blame him for it? you all aint sh*t you got busted for printing a false story and lies now you want to attack the victim?

Morgan

Posted at 10:17 PM on March 15, 2013

lolwut

johnwayne1

Posted at 10:04 PM on March 15, 2013

Too bad. Another scum sucker cheated out of his right to go into the light.

Lisa J

Posted at 10:12 PM on March 15, 2013

hmmm maybe one of your family members will take his place tonight or sometime this weekend. Be careful what you wish for.