Nicki Minaj: Dramatic Makeunder For ‘Elle’ — Love Or Loathe? Vote

Thu, March 14, 2013 1:07pm EDT by 9 Comments
Nicki Minaj Elle
SplashNews, Courtesy of Elle

The ‘American Idol’ judge had a dramatic makeunder for the cover of the April issue of ‘ELLE’ magazine. Do you love or loathe this new look for the pop star? Vote below!

American Idol judge Nicki Minaj is known for her crazy false lashes, baby pink lips, bright pink hair and her crazy outfits, so she’s shocking fans more than ever by toning it back for the cover of April ELLE. Do you love her stripped-down look? Tell us below.

Nicki Minaj’s Beauty Look On ‘American Idol’

Nicki’s hair was big-bird yellow, bright pink and platinum blonde during the auditions for American Idol. For the recent live shows, she’s toned it down a bit, with straight, long blonde locks. She still rocked super dark roots, though.

Her newest cover look is the cleanest she’s ever been! No wig and very little makeup for Nicki. So how did she feel about it?

“When I saw myself with barely any makeup at, it was such a… like, I’m so, so attached to my pink lipstick, it’s hard,” Nicki admitted.

“I feel that it’s become a part of me. To go in front of the camera, without pink lips or big ol’ crazy lashes- you know, nothing — I felt naked. It was scary! So this photo shoot was a real accomplishment in my eyes.”

Nicki Minaj For MAC — Beauty For A Cause

Nicki is a brand ambassador for MAC, where she has two shades of Viva Glam lipstick and lipgloss. All proceeds from sales of the lipstick benefit men, women and children living and affected by HIV and AIDS.

Do you love or loathe Nicki’s make-under, HollywoodLifers?

– Dory Larrabee

More Nicki Minaj  News:

1. ‘American Idol’ — Judge Nicki Minaj Cries For Zoanette Johnson
  2. Nicki Minaj Denies Plastic Surgery Rumors
  3. ‘American Idol’ — Nicki Minaj Tells Elijah Liu: ‘I Want Your Babies’

charming

Posted at 11:22 AM on April 5, 2013

lots of these girls are made to believe that how they suppose to look . a lil kick back and relaxing ain’t bad at all . do it some more Nicki

notafan

Posted at 4:54 PM on March 14, 2013

I’m not a Nicki fan, but seeing this photo makes me surprised she doesn’t “dress down” more often. The pink hair, obnoxious make up, and crappy attitude are too much; wish we’d see her as a regular person.

Nobody Special

Posted at 2:19 PM on March 14, 2013

LOVE THIS !!! Great to see what she REALLY looks like and yeah, I have heard about women who get attached to their make-up and how they feel naked without it.
Why is that… ?
because they use the make-up as sorf of a safety mask to hide behind. You can improve upon beautiful, but when a woman NEEDS make-up to look normal, ( I will not name names here) that is what make-up was intended for.
Also to enhance natural beauty.
I do not wear ANY make-up : you cannot improve a train wreck…
(yes that last comment was intended for me)

parischic

Posted at 1:46 PM on March 14, 2013

she looks GAWJUS ! GIRRRRRRRRRRL stick wit’ it ….

cindy

Posted at 1:44 PM on March 14, 2013

She looks normal and beautiful

Nobody Special

Posted at 2:15 PM on March 14, 2013

@ cindy :
I could not agree more !

gbtw

Posted at 1:44 PM on March 14, 2013

i think nicki is drop dead gorgeous and i really like her on idol— tho, i actually think it’s kind of inappropriate for her to make comments like, ‘i like your boobs, too’… i mean, i get it… but, c’mon. she’s objectifying more than the guys! it’s like the ‘n’ word— as far as i’m concerned, it’s not okay to say it regardless of the color of your skin. i don’t think women should get away with these comments about the girls bodies, either… but, whatever… fact of life. girls have to deal with the boobs and legs comments, guys aren’t judged that way… in any case, sigh… is what it is.

back to nicki. i think she’s smart, funny, a great artist, and gorgeous no matter what style she’s spinnin’. WERK!

parischic