Nicki Minaj: It’s Time To Get Your Act Together On ‘American Idol’

Thu, March 14, 2013 11:54am EDT by 12 Comments
Nicki Minaj American Idol
Courtesy of Fox

Jack Frost

Posted at 7:43 PM on May 1, 2013

I was with you right up until the end when you said “You’re a talented artist” – when in reality she’s neither talented nor an artist.

lovelyc

Posted at 8:21 PM on March 29, 2013

I most definitely agree with most of the comments. Nicki is her own personality however you must always be professional. I think we should leave the comments about waffles and wife etc. out of the critic. She really gets on my nerves when she enlarges her eyes and rolls them or stares at Keith while he is speaking. I just expected more from her. And yes Marian looks like she wants to strangle her to say the least.

Tanya

Posted at 2:41 AM on March 28, 2013

I absolutely love American Idol & have watched it from the first season. This year I have been a little shocked with things that are happening on the show. I love Keith Urban as he is my absolute favourite singer ever, & because he can criticize someone without putting them down and being a complete bully. Randy is awesome as always! As for the girls I have stopped letting my 2 girls ages 9 & 7 watch the show because I would never want them to talk to someone the way that Nicki Minaj does. I understand that she probably knows what she is talking about but I feel that she could at least not crush a persons spirits. She has also said some complete inappropriate things on this show and they should realize that there are so many young kids that watch this. I have been so dissappointed with the way she is allowed to be on this show and for someone who came from hard times and probably people putting her down I would think that she could have a little bit more sympathy for people. My daughter loves her & has been allowed to have some of her songs that are not explicit but she was even taken aback by the way she has talked to the contestants. For someone in her position where she has the ability to be a role model for so many young people I would hope that she would use that to teach them how to treat a person. I am not sure if she just doesn’t like being on this show or not but I really hope that she can start criticizing without being a bully.

Kad

Posted at 8:59 AM on March 16, 2013

I hope they have hired some extra bodyguards this year! Nicki may loose it. She is so unpredictable it is scary. I wish they had stuck with Randy, Mariah, and Keith. It is a shame since the contestants are trying so hard to please.

jane

Posted at 11:47 AM on March 15, 2013

they NEVER should have let jennifer lopez and steven tyler go—-the panel had so much more chemistry and FUN !!!!! mariah looks like she could strangle nicki with some of the comments she makes—at least mariah is professional enough not to say anything unlike nicki –lets add in the fact that mariah is TALENTED and has proven herself over the years—what has nicki done??? why they ever picked her as a judge is beyond me—she has no talent,isnt professional and her nasal voice is beyond annoying—-if this isnt the last year for idol i would be very surprised—they need to take a good hard look at who they are bringing in——i cannot wait for “the voice” to start next week—that show is SO much better than idol —————————–

Anthony

Posted at 2:51 AM on March 15, 2013

It’s better to arrive late, than to arrive ugly! But Nicki arrived late and ugly…now that’s inexcusable!

Blue

Posted at 9:58 PM on March 14, 2013

She has never invest shown respect for the contestants nor the other judges. The constant dismissive looks, eye rolling, etc. I’m not sure who she thinks she is but I think she’s a brat.

John Snide

Posted at 11:53 PM on March 14, 2013

She is a complete train wreck. The producers have a responsibility. Fire her and you’ll have the drama you want on your ratings. “The Voice” is weeks away from killing Idol.

Jack Frost

Posted at 7:45 PM on May 1, 2013

Idol is already dead. It’s losing in the ratings to Big Bang Theory RERUNS.

zyggie

Posted at 3:25 PM on March 14, 2013

All an act. They wanted drama to keep the viewer hooked, well they have a hot mess on their hands. Niki is silly but, she is making the $$$$ that is all she cares about. Mess….I have not watched that show since she joined it. I see commercials and she always looks silly.

testudobb

Posted at 1:05 PM on March 14, 2013

she has talent? Since when?

And i thought this is the kind of drama that American Idol hired her for?

abe is doing it!!?

Posted at 12:24 PM on March 14, 2013

don’t talk…………Just Do It!!