Kim Kardashian: Why She’s Not Wearing Traditional Maternity Clothes

Thu, March 14, 2013 11:29am EDT by 11 Comments
Kim Kardashian Pregnancy Outfits
FameFlynet

The mom-to-be has taken her pregnancy as a time to experiment with her fashion, and while not all of her looks are flattering, a source close to the reality star exclusively reveals why she isn’t sticking to conventional maternity outfits!

Kim Kardashian loves experimenting with her fashion, especially since dating rapper-turned-designer Kanye West, but she has taken her maternity looks to a whole new level — even though her pregnancy outfits aren’t always the most flattering!

But an insisder reveals that Kim is having fun with her maternity fashion, and there’s a reason she’s dressing so outside of the box!

“Kim’s body type is very difficult to dress, and wearing loose-fitting maternity clothing will turn her into a box,” a source close to the mom-to-be tells HollywoodLife.com EXCLUSIVELY.

“She’s trying to embrace her curves, and it’s become a trial-and-error process,” the source added. “She’s been trying to have fun with it.’

Kim Kardashian Admits: I Struggle With My Maternity Fashion

Kim took to her blog to discuss why her pregnancy looks have been so all over the place throughout her second trimester.

“I’ve found that I’ve gained inches and I’ve gotten wider, but my belly hasn’t popped yet, so I struggle finding things that don’t make me look heavy,” she wrote on her blog. “Some days my baby bump really shows, and some days it doesn’t… so I never really know what I’m going to look like.”

“I’m definitely having a lot of fun with my maternity fashion and love trying new things,” Kim added. “I want to share my pregnancy fashion tips with other expecting moms out there and I know it’s different for everyone; some women start showing sooner, others don’t start showing until later, but I want to share my own personal experiences with you guys along the way.”

At least she’s having fun with it!

What do YOU think of Kim’s maternity fashion HollyMoms? Do you like her pregnancy style? Let us know in the comments below!

– Reporting by Chloe Melas, written by Christina Stiehl

More Kim Kardashian Maternity Fashion:

1. Kim Kardashian Channels ‘Flying Nun’ In Pregnant Fashion Disaster
  2. Kim Kardashian Shows Off Bump In Skintight Mini: Love Or Loathe?
  3. Kim Kardashian’s Latest Pregnancy Dress — Love It Or Hate It?

Roderick

Posted at 12:57 AM on September 24, 2014

This blog was… how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally I have found something which helped me.
Many thanks!

lara

Posted at 6:47 PM on April 20, 2013

I am a big fan of d kadarshians buh d truth is I don’t like kim way of fashion during her pregnancy. U̶̲̥̅̊ need t̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̇̇̇ ђε̲̣̣̣̥Яε̲̣̣̣̥ a free cloth during dis period. Instead of her t̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̇̇̇ Bƺ grateful of her pregnancy she will rather complain forgetting that there are thousands of women who wish t̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̇̇̇ Bƺ pregnant like her. All d same U̶̲̥̅̊ still look beautiful t̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̇̇̇ me

Becci Dawson

Posted at 5:32 PM on April 14, 2013

Why do people follow the kardashians? They do nothing, have no talent and the only reason they are on tv is because of their mother. Kim has been complaining about being pregnant since the 8th week saying it was sooooo hard being pregnant! She hasn’t been hospitalized or suffered morning sickness, she is just a vain silly selfish person who doesn’t think of the 10s of thousands of women who can’t have kids and would love every minute of being pregnant! Please stop giving these nobodies attention because your buying into the advertising and making them rich!

shuaishuai888

Posted at 8:27 PM on March 26, 2013

:) Kim Kardashian is a unique pregnant mom. I appreciate her life style and do thing ways.

Brooksie1

Posted at 3:08 PM on March 20, 2013

Once your belly “pops” it doesn’t go back in. I am a mother of 4 and other than looking like I was gaining weight, I didn’t show with my 1st pregnancy until after 6 months. I woke up one morning with a big ol bump, that didn’t go away until after the baby was born. And there’s no way a pregnant woman can tolerate anything remotely tight around her waist. I also had a pregnancy mask with 1 of my children and your whole face gets wide…not just your lips. I still am not convinced that Kim is pregnant. I don’t believe a word that comes out of her mouth!

yvonne jimenez

Posted at 10:01 AM on March 15, 2013

WHAT EVER KIM WEAR;S SHE WILL STILL HAVE BEAUTY, HER FACE SKIN HER HAIR WITH MAKE UP OR NOT SHE IS VERY PRETTY. SHE TAKES AFTER HER MOM WHO IS PRETTY ALSO. I LOVE THEM .BIG FAN ALWAYS .

jjinfl

Posted at 4:00 PM on March 14, 2013

Well, I’m glad she continues to “have fun” looking like a stuffed sausage. OMG, I desperately hope she does not go through with her plan to share any of her amazing “maternity clothing tips” with other women, who probably look 10 times better than she does by using their own good taste. If she considers herself a fashionista and mentor for others on what to wear and when to wear it, she has missed the boat by a mile.

kevin

Posted at 3:02 PM on March 14, 2013

she looks so beatiful

abe is doing it!!?

Posted at 11:47 AM on March 14, 2013

well, this pleases me……………

MC

Posted at 11:43 AM on March 14, 2013

You don’t have to go flowy. You can show off your bump in other ways. She looks ridiculous 99% of the time and with little help she would beautiful

Hudson