Pit Bull Attacks Girl, 6, While Owner Says: ‘Get Off My Dog’

Wed, March 13, 2013 8:39pm EDT by 61 Comments
Pit Bull Attacks Girl
Courtesy of ABC

A little girl was brutally attacked by a pit bull in New York City on Mar. 10, rescued only by strangers, while the dog’s owner defended the animal! Read on for the shocking details.

The corner of 166th Street and Webster Avenue in the Bronx was the site of a horrific scene on Mar. 10 when a six-year-old girl was attacked by a unleashed and vicious pit bull as the girl and her grandmother were walking down the street. As passersby rushed to rescue the young girl, the dog’s owner rushed to defend his pet!

Strangers Rush To Rescue Young Girl During Pit Bull Attack

As surveillance footage of the brutal attack shows, the dog bolted straight for the little girl from across the street, attacking her and flinging her around the sidewalk. Her poor grandmother seems mostly stunned and terrified, unable to do anything to help. Several witnesses rushed to the child’s aid, including Eduardo Candelier, who works at a nearby tire shop.

“The dog was biting her,” Eduardo told the local NBC affiliate. “The girl was crying, she was going crazy.” He added, “The first thing that went through my mind was that I had to help her.”

The little girl was rushed from the scene in an ambulance to a local hospital, where she was treated for minor injuries, including small puncture wounds to her right arm and right leg. She was treated and released and, thankfully, is said to be doing well.

Vicious Pit Bull’s Owner Defends His Dog During Attack

During the frightening ordeal, the owner of the dog rushed to the scene, though he reportedly seemed more preoccupied with keeping people away from his dog. He puts the animal on a leash, as it should have been all along, and tells the others to stand back.

The owner, who lives near the corner, stayed on the scene to await the arrival of the police. He was issued a summons for having the dog off of a leash, but the dog was not taken away by animal control.

Do you think the dog should have been taken away, HollyMoms?

– Billy Nilles

More Horrific Animals Attacking Children:

1. Newborn Baby Mauled To Death By Family Pit Bull
  2. Pitbull Mauls Baby To Death In Bassinet
  3. Brave Amaya, 7, Prepares for 57th Operation After Dog Attack That Almost Killed Her

google

Posted at 12:40 AM on March 11, 2014

Great paintings! This is the type of info that are meant to be shared around the net. Disgrace on Google for now not positioning this submit upper! Come on over and discuss with my web site . Thank you =)

boxer puppy obedience

Posted at 3:00 PM on March 3, 2014

I’m extremely impressed along with your writihg sklills
as neatly as with the format for your blog. Is that this a paid theme or
did you customize it your self? Anyway stay upp the nice high quality
writing, it’s rare to look a great weblog like
this one nowadays..

Sheilla

Posted at 3:53 AM on August 7, 2013

While innocent animals are getting murdered and skinned alive, this dog and dog owner remain free…. as if what happened wasent a big deal. I love dogs I really do and I THOUGHT I owned an aggressive little 14 pounds Miniature Schnauzer before I saw that video…

This dog should NOT be free. I have never said this before but here, it should be euthenised! And I hope the owner is seriously takin to court for the damage his dog has done!

Jaacqueline Green

Posted at 11:45 AM on April 25, 2013

This is why I hate them stupid dogs, and their owners who can’t protect the public from these mad beasts.

Alexys

Posted at 8:24 PM on April 15, 2013

Yes I think he should of been taken in and the animal control take his dog away! Only a stupid person would let their dog do that I have a pit bull myself but when we take him on a walk its in our neighborhood, AND he is afraid of us. So they are not to be mean. He might bark when he hears something but that’s what all dogs do. He never bit anybody!! If I was that man I would of NOT have taken the animal’s side!! WHAT A JERK!!

Sammay

Posted at 2:34 PM on March 26, 2013

We had this happen in our neighborhood, except the dog killed another dog. People tried to intervene while it was attacking and nothing worked. Animal control told us there was nothing they could do because it had been a first offense. The owner defended the dog the whole time. The system is so messed up…

lette

Posted at 6:05 PM on March 17, 2013

The reasoning why the pit bull dog should of been taken away from the pit bull owner because he or she is ill responsible and if you know that you have a biting dog and or any type of biting dog you should take the right responsibility and don’t get anything cheap and come on now be a real dog owner and put the dog on a heavy duty chain and yes I’m a pit bull owner my self… it’s the idoits that you have behind these types of dog’s that gives a bad name.. i as a pit bull owner makes sure that my pit bulls is chained up right and also with a heavy duty thick collor as well to make sure that kids and adults is safe and watch all people around my place when i have visitors and that’s being and responsible pit bull owner…..you either get with the program or don’t own any type of biting dog if you can’t be a responsible dog owner and if you know that some one is coning over to visit you weather he or she has kid’s or not at least put the biting dog up to where noone gets hurt…….

Stephanie

Posted at 7:52 PM on April 1, 2013

the owner of that pit bull should be responsible for what the dog could do to these little innocent childern and it should be put down for his actions

begreen3850

Posted at 8:10 PM on March 16, 2013

Wonder if the owner meant to let the dog attack?

shannon

Posted at 11:20 AM on March 16, 2013

i REALLY THINK THE OWNER SHOULD BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE. He let the dog walk around without a leash. Pit bulls are not born mean, they are made that way by there owners.

Jaypee

Posted at 10:55 PM on March 29, 2013

Nope. I know 3 pitbulls who turned on their own owners. Raised in good homes. The pitbull was bred for the sole purpose of attacking and killing other animals. It’s what they were meant to do.

Stephanie

Posted at 7:53 PM on April 1, 2013

well i think pit bulls are good dogs and they should not be trained to fight or to be mean to their owners.

gary

Posted at 1:52 AM on April 8, 2013

pit bulls love humans…

they say we taste like chicken

Beam_Me_Up_Scotty

Posted at 4:03 AM on April 16, 2013

Pit bulls were bred to be aggressive. Have you ever heard of bear-baiting or bull-baiting? That’s what they were bred to do – and owners are surprised when they attack people, other dogs, or other animals. It’s not just the owner. It’s not just the way they are raised – you can’t deny genetic code, and you can’t change it with hope.

Sheilla

Posted at 4:14 AM on August 7, 2013

I agree with you! Iam not the type to put everyone or everything in the same basket but there are things that you just cant deny! I know for a fact that pit bulls can make terrific family pets and I know of the oposits aswell. EVEN when the dog came from a reputable breeder and was raised by a responsible owner. And I know for a fact that this can happen with any type of dogs. When you feel or “know” that your dog has the potential to hurt someone, that your “pet” should be wearing some kind of heavy duty chain, it is time to smart up and get rid of it! Iam a dog owner, I have been ever since I can remember. I have own 1 Rottweiler, 2 German Sheppard, 1 English BullDog, 1 miniature Schnauzer and 2 Pit bull. All my dogs were bought puppies. All came from reputable breeders except my two German Sheppards and the Schauzer. The two German Sheppards were the best dog ever!!! And so was the Bulldog. The other ones picked and chose who they liked and all showed aggresivity.towards ppl or animal or both. Its sad when it happens for sure but the lives and well being of innocent ppl is way more important.