Sean Lowe Telling Lindsay Yenter He Loved Her Was ‘Too Far’

Tue, March 12, 2013 8:12am EST by 19 Comments
Chris Harrison Blog
Courtesy of ABC

Tisha

Posted at 7:20 PM on February 19, 2014

Though Sean stated he loved Lindsey it was not enough to make her his wife.He stated that he was in love with Catherine. Being in love makes a defferent. This is love at a different level and not uncommon. We see love at different levels even in families.
I picked Catherine as far back as episode #4. When those two look at each other, it is as if they are looking into each other’s soul. With that said my suggestion to ABC is, that although the “The Bachelor” is a process of elimination, the final eposode should be the reveal of the bachelor’s choice and proposal if that is wish.
As a christian, a mother and grandmother, I must say I am stunned at the negative comments of some adult because the person of their choice was not selected. To express an openion is acceptable but to be rude is unacceptable

Eddy

Posted at 12:46 AM on February 19, 2014

yes Sean did not do a good job he left Lindsay heartbroken and to keep telling her the thing is I love you what was he thinking of certainly not Lindsay,she had to tell him not to say it anymore as it was to painful for her.She handled it really well.

lanalyn

Posted at 7:55 PM on January 30, 2014

then & now,hands down Sean picked an intelligent, accomplished, beautiful fine young woman. Congrats newly weds!

nicloe

Posted at 3:09 PM on May 14, 2013

well i just think that is wrong how he done lindsay catherine is so boring and lindsay is so fun and their not gonna have an good marraige just saying

Margie

Posted at 8:59 PM on March 19, 2013

Catherine consist of multiple bloodlines, Spanish-Filipino from Mom side, Scot-Swiss-Italian from father side. People, no matter who the person is it’s family values reigning-in inside their house and life teachings. They’re no different from you or anyone.

sean and catherine

Posted at 9:00 AM on March 16, 2013

It is tough to figure out whether or not real love can develop on a show like this. Never having going through the bachelor process, I am not one to judge whether or not the ‘love’ these couples claim for one another is true, or if the contestants honestly fall in love with multiple people. It does seem to be how the show works. Over the years, I have known several couples who met, fell in love, and married in a very short time – and are still married years later. Sometimes love can be found in a few short months. I hope the best for Sean and Catherine
On a side note. Jet, I feel your comments are inappropriate. How do you know so much about the gym boys?

Jean Botts

Posted at 5:37 AM on March 16, 2013

If you remember,Sean told Lindsay he loved her, but he was IN LOVE with Catherine…there is a difference..I think Catherine is more mature than Linds,and after Ashlee tried to frame him,I’m glad he didn’t pick her…

KC

Posted at 6:19 PM on March 18, 2013

Catherine and Lindsay had the SAME maturity level, regardless of age. They both would have been perfect for him. But in the end he chose Catherine.

I was Team Lindsay all the way, but after seeing Catherine’s reaction to the proposal, I was so happy for them and I think they’re great together.

Jet Thompson

Posted at 9:51 PM on March 13, 2013

Here’s the Real Deal some of you may have figured out – Sean is real cozy with being considered a hunk Star. He chose what’s her name, Catherine cause she’s a cooky 17 year old girl at heart – reminds me of Alice in Wonderland, probably not a virgin, considering all the boyfriends that used her and left, bats eyes, but, so naive and childish, Sean knows his shortcomings and she will (may) not complain — doesn’t mean he can’t make babies — those gym boys don’t have nothing going on down there ya know? with his height and physique, maybe 5 inches, hopefully 6 — Lindsay is Hot. Lindsay is Great. Lindsay knows how to make a man feel like a man and can work it. Sean knew he couldn’t satisfy that. He’s still a virgin cause he can’t get it up high enuf – come on. Fine on the outside as he i, I like you too Sean and your family is great – but thanks for letting Lindsay go – cause you know she deserves a real man. All the way Live, and you can’t fit that bill. That’s why he chose babygirl, goofey and naive. Perfect match. So now he’s off to DancingwiththeStars, more money, more money. He’ll string Cat along til she has a major temper tantrum about him and other costar girls and then say, i didn’t realize she was not the one for me…..oh what a game we play ~ he’ll then go on to Survivors show

Guest

Posted at 6:04 PM on March 13, 2013

Wow wow wow, he is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo dumbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb to let Lindsay go so wrong she was my favorite this season if he was in love with both girls then why didn’t he let both girls go? And people who gives a crap if she has a winey voice thats not the point the point is they are there to find love and your there to watch them and not complain and say she has a winey voice or shes ugly she’s my favorite she isn’t WHO CARES. I love Lindsay period. In every episode he said “im falling in love with this women” it got really annoying because I think he faked it and faked cried on the finale he really didn’t like any of the girls he was on it for FAME he was not the favorite or the worst it was both yes his abs are nice looking but thats about it. I so wished it was Ari for the next Bachelor and in my opinion I like Sean during Emily’s season better but still not a fan sadly but I am a fan of Lindsay and Lesley M:)

Josie

Posted at 3:11 PM on March 13, 2013

What he did to Lindsay was totally foul he should have just left it alone… And said “sorry it’s not you.” But he couldn’t because he was in love with her and probably still is, which makes it so wrong…on ALL levels that he’s engaged to Catherine. So sad.

David

Posted at 3:05 PM on March 13, 2013

He did go too far. And what he did to Lindsay at the altar was ridiculous. And if Catherine doesn’t open her eyes and realize that her fiance on the day he proposed to her told another woman that he loves her she needs she needs some serious self reflecting. Because that is just pure inappropriate behavior on Sean’s part. He should have never proposed to her because he doesn’t know who he loves. As far as I’m concerned he still likes Des… He just wasn’t man enough to deal with her brother. And Kim you’re absolutely right!

Mel

Posted at 2:15 PM on March 13, 2013

I think he led Lindsey on. He acted like they both were the one. There is no way he loved both of them the same until the last day. I think he will be sorry.

Kim

Posted at 12:39 PM on March 13, 2013

I think Sean made a mistake by chosing catherine the back grounds are to different! He will suffer in years to come. Her father has problems!

my opinion

Posted at 8:07 PM on March 13, 2013

what a crazy thing to do fall in love and not know that person in such a short time and you just wonder why sometimes why it doesn’t last and I’m not too sure about his pick she’s just Blah

Monique

Posted at 2:31 PM on March 15, 2013

He picked her since she comes from Asian background. Asian women tend to their men and make them their priority. Yet they can be extremely possessive and jealour – dont know how that is going to work out for Catherine since Sean has now signed on for Dancing with the Stars. His partner Peta is such a hot sexy babe and she has the hots for him. I dont believe this crap about “born again Virgin”. They never showed what actually happened in their fantasy suites and bet you the other girls had some action.

Eva

Posted at 6:25 PM on March 18, 2013

Well, I was Team Lindsay the whole season, but I don’t think Catherine’s dad is a problem. He lives in China.

I think her sisters will be a HUGE problem. I have firsthand experience with a horrible brother in law, it’s heartbreaking. I think women are more vulnerable to personal attacks than men, so Sean probably won’t have much to worry about. But it could become a problem.

My original reasoning was because it didn’t seem like Catherine was serious about getting married, moving with Sean, having children, but I can just totally tell that all of that has changed and she’s truly committed now that they’re engaged.

Although I have to say, if they aren’t married by this summer, their relationship is probably doomed. Waiting too long is a BAD idea. Year-long engagements work for ordinary people, but fame puts a lot of strain on a relationship and too many bachelor weddings are called off.

Think about Emily and Ben’s seasons. COMPLETELY pointless!! (Except that we got to see sexy Arie! :D)

Dawn Phillips

Posted at 12:24 AM on March 13, 2013

how can you love two women so deeply that you can’t figure out which one you want. How can a person fall in love with anyone in such a short time for such a long committment. Either her doesn’t love either or he knew long before who he wanted to be with. Why draw it out. Why not tell the loser ahead of time. The Bachelor production is very mean and don’t care who’s heart is broken.

Meg

Posted at 1:21 PM on March 12, 2013

I don’t think Chris said Sean went to far….he is just asking if he did.