The easy, breezy braids at Valentino’s Paris Fashion Week show on March 5 make it easy for you to go from runway to real life! The lead hairstylist at the show teaches you how to get the look below!
Sometimes Fashion Week trends are hard to try in every day life, but the braids at Valentino are swoon-worthy and easy to copy! Check out the expert tips below!
Guido, Redken‘s Creative Consultant, was backstage at the show creating the pretty looks on the models.
“I’d describe the clean, polished side braid I created at Valentino with the word monastic — fit for the young beauty the designer envisioned when creating this collection. The inspiration for the hair and clothes was a number of portraits by Dutch masters — which is a very Valentino setting, and this braid really encompasses that feeling with its center part and the high forehead.”
Guido continued, “She’s a simple, young girl but she still has style, and every girl can relate to it which makes it more personal, even intimate — and also reflects the appeal of the brand itself. I’ve done a side braid before, but it was always sexier, like at Alexander Wang a few years ago — this one is more minimal, but there’s a certain level of seduction in the innocence.”
Valentino’s Fashion Show Braids — Get The Look
Check out the exact products needed to perfect the look at home:
“1. Apply Redken satinwear 02 prepping blow dry lotion to damp hair from roots to ends and blow-dry straight with a boar bristle brush.
2. Create a clean center part, and then use a fine tooth comb to brush hair to one side (the side that the braid will fall on- in the show it was the models’ left) from the back (so center part stays intact).
3. Tuck the side of the hair you will braid behind the ear and then rub a small amount of satinwear 02 into your hands to help you as you start to braid, beginning a few inches down from the neck, keeping your wrists and elbows low as you go.
4. Create a braid that’s smooth but not too tight, and secure with an elastic at the tip, leaving only an inch or two unbraided at the end.
5. Put a few drops of NEW Redken Diamond Oil Shatterproof Shine (available starting May 1) on your hands, rub together to emulsify, and lightly run your hands over the hair on either side.
6. Slide the leather band over the head so that it rests 2-3 inches back from the forehead and covers the front of the ears.
7. Mist with Redken fashion work 12 versatile working spray to finish.”
Will you try to do the Valentino braid at home, HollywoodLifers?
— Dory Larrabee
More Fall 2013 Fashion Week Beauty News:
- Nudes, Brights, & Bling: Manicures Of Fall 2013 New York Fashion Week
- Disco-Inspired Big Hair & Spiky Nails At Kate Spade 2013: Get The Look
- Sun Kissed, Glowing Skin At Herve Leger Fall 2013 — Get The Look