Joy Behar Gives Her Top 10 Reasons For Leaving ‘The View’

Mon, March 11, 2013 12:12pm EDT by 12 Comments
Joy Behar Quitting The View
Courtesy of ABC

Joy’s list includes getting sick of her husband demanding five-ways. (Gross.)

March 11 turned out to be a busy day for the ladies of The View. Not only did Barbara Walters shoot down rumors that Elisabeth Hasselbeck is being forced off the show, but Joy Behar also made her first on-air statement about her own decision to leave after 16 years. And in typical Joy fashion, she made her official announcement in the form of a top 10 list!

Joy Behar’s 10 Reasons For Leaving ‘The View’

10. ABC won’t let me drink on the air like Hoda and Kathie Lee.

9. The glare from Bill Geddie‘s head is giving me migraines.

8. I have a pathological fear of catching childhood diseases, like the mumps, from Barbara.

7. [My husband] Steve keeps pressuring me to have a five-way.

6. The contact high from sitting next to Whoopi keeps giving me the munchies.

5. I find the constant echo from Sherri Shepherd‘s cleavage distracting.

4. My flings with Wolf Blitzer and Regis make a lot of demands on my time

3. I’m busy producing a new show for Al Jazeera, The Real Housewives of Fallujah County.

2. Like Barbara, I’m developing an unhealthy attraction to Elisabeth.

1. I finally will have the chance to fulfill my dreams of going a whole week without putting on a brazier.

Barbara Walters’ Kind Words For Joy Behar

Joy may be ready to bounce from The View, but Barbara — who has worked alongside Joy for more than 16 years on the show — will be very sad to see her go.

“When you announced this last week, it was very bittersweet,” Barbara told her on-air. “I want what’s best for you, but I will miss you. But you have your reasons for wanting to go, and I’m happy when you’re happy.”

HollywoodLifers, will you miss Joy on The View? Drop a comment with your reaction to her departure.

— Andy Swift

More Joy Behar on HollywoodLife.com:

1. Joy Behar: ‘Honey Boo Boo Will Grow Up To Be A Big Fat Woman’
  2. Joy Behar Marries Her Longtime Boyfriend Steve Janowitz
  3. ‘The View’ Ladies: Michelle Duggar Must Be Getting Pregnant For Great Orgasms

Diana

Posted at 6:53 PM on August 9, 2013

Now I can watch the view. Glad to see her go.

Topo Gigio

Posted at 1:09 PM on April 24, 2013

As a woman over 60 I idolize Joy Behar! I love how she speaks her mind & doesn’t care whether its a popular stance or not.
She’s a major inspiration for ladies our age. Showing you can still look good & be a major player in our fast paced media environment.
LOVE her show where she’s the emcee & doesn’t have to compete to be heard. Thanks Joy for showing us just because a lady is over 60 doesn’t mean she’s over! LOVE YOU, keep on talking!

June Raimondi

Posted at 8:48 PM on March 28, 2013

I will follow her wherever she goes. My husband and I also watch “Say Anything” but that’s going off too. She is the main reason I watch the show. “So What, Who Cares”…I do!

Alex

Posted at 8:05 AM on March 23, 2013

Joy has always been my favorite. The smartest. The funniest. Right-on politically. Adding depth (along with Whoopi) to a show whose production team has turned it so trivial and commercialized lately. I’ve always said if Joy leaves, so will I.

Cart 56

Posted at 11:37 PM on March 11, 2013

The View has become a little boring of late. I’ve watched it from the first show with the Greek girl and Meredith V – 16 years. Sheri is a kind heart, but not the brightest light, news-wise. Elizabeth, with her fingers-on-the-chalkboard voice and Fox-only-views, often makes me change the channel (and I’m a republican!!). Thankfully, Whoppi and Barbara will remain to lead the way. But Joy, smart, smart, smart, on-top-of-the-news Joy, will be missed as the liberal opinion opposite Elizabeth’s.

judy kay

Posted at 5:19 PM on March 11, 2013

I might actually watch “The View” now.

Barbara Snowberger

Posted at 1:57 PM on March 11, 2013

Joy brings as much comedic wit and balls-out liberal humor to the show as Whoopi. As far as I’m concerned, TheView won’t be nearly as funny or provocative without the two of them playing off of each other. No one can replace Joy Behar with the same bold and zingeristic timing for which she is so admired. I wish her well, but her gain will be ours and TheView’s tremendous loss.

yvonne jimenez

Posted at 12:58 PM on March 11, 2013

I will miss Joy , she bring;s so much to the view . She has done other thing;s in her career which she is very good at like stand up , acting , and she was also a teacher . she will be o.k I wish her luck .

Ruth

Posted at 1:54 PM on March 11, 2013

She is okay however will be forgotten as soon as she is replaced

Kerry

Posted at 6:49 AM on April 16, 2013

Amen, She has a very supportive studio audience that laughs at every thing she says, funny or not, She is not the smartest and the show was the biggest and best thing that ever happened to her. I hope she made savvy investments.

abe is doing it!!?

Posted at 12:23 PM on March 11, 2013

babees are screaming out of her vagina.
……SHE IS STILL FRUITFULL, folks!!

Mary

Posted at 4:13 PM on March 11, 2013

to late to have another child, she has gone through Menopause, and has mentioned her hot flashes on the air