Joy’s list includes getting sick of her husband demanding five-ways. (Gross.)
March 11 turned out to be a busy day for the ladies of The View. Not only did Barbara Walters shoot down rumors that Elisabeth Hasselbeck is being forced off the show, but Joy Behar also made her first on-air statement about her own decision to leave after 16 years. And in typical Joy fashion, she made her official announcement in the form of a top 10 list!
Joy Behar’s 10 Reasons For Leaving ‘The View’
10. ABC won’t let me drink on the air like Hoda and Kathie Lee.
9. The glare from Bill Geddie‘s head is giving me migraines.
8. I have a pathological fear of catching childhood diseases, like the mumps, from Barbara.
7. [My husband] Steve keeps pressuring me to have a five-way.
6. The contact high from sitting next to Whoopi keeps giving me the munchies.
5. I find the constant echo from Sherri Shepherd‘s cleavage distracting.
4. My flings with Wolf Blitzer and Regis make a lot of demands on my time
3. I’m busy producing a new show for Al Jazeera, The Real Housewives of Fallujah County.
2. Like Barbara, I’m developing an unhealthy attraction to Elisabeth.
1. I finally will have the chance to fulfill my dreams of going a whole week without putting on a brazier.
Barbara Walters’ Kind Words For Joy Behar
Joy may be ready to bounce from The View, but Barbara — who has worked alongside Joy for more than 16 years on the show — will be very sad to see her go.
“When you announced this last week, it was very bittersweet,” Barbara told her on-air. “I want what’s best for you, but I will miss you. But you have your reasons for wanting to go, and I’m happy when you’re happy.”
HollywoodLifers, will you miss Joy on The View? Drop a comment with your reaction to her departure.
— Andy Swift
More Joy Behar on HollywoodLife.com: