Holly Madison Defends Baby Rainbow Aurora’s Unique Name

Sun, March 10, 2013 4:00pm EDT by 15 Comments
Holly Madison Baby Name
FameFlynet

After the proud mom revealed the name she chose for her daughter, Rainbow Aurora, she was hit with nothing but criticism! Now the former Playboy model is fighting back — read on to find out what she said.

Holly Madison promised that her baby girl’s name was going to be unique, and when she announced on March 8 what she and baby daddy Pasquale Rotella named their daughter, it caused major buzz — and not much of it positive.

Holly revealed that their daughter, who was born on March 5, was named Rainbow Aurora — definitely a unique choice. But after much criticism on social media, the former Girls Next Door star came to her baby girl’s defense.

“I have always loved the name Rainbow. There was a girl in my school a few years younger than me named Rainbow and I was so envious of her name because it was so pretty and unusual,” Holly wrote on her blog on March 8.

“She was a perfectly normal, well-adjusted, sporty girl, by the way, so I’m not worried about my daughter being ‘traumatized’ by having an unusual name,” the new mom added.

Holly Madison Defends Her Name Against ‘Haters’

The new mom also revealed that she doesn’t care what the “haters” say — she is proud of the name, and hopes her daughter is strong enough one day to stand up to people too!

“There are a lot of smug haters out there who bag on my choice of a name, but I don’t care about what they think. I want my daughter to be proud of who she is and learn to speak up and stand up for herself at a young age,” Holly added.

“I spent most of my life being a people-pleaser who worried about what other people thought or thought was cool and I don’t want that for her. I couldn’t be more blessed to have such a perfect daughter and have never been happier than I am now!” the proud mom wrote on her blog.

What do YOU think of Holly defending the name Rainbow HollyMoms? Do you agree with Holly? Let us know in the comments below!

Watch: Holly Madison’s Baby Bump Style

– Christina Stiehl

More Holly Madison News:

1. Holly Madison Does Not Want Her Daughter To Pose Nude For ‘Playboy’
  2. Holly Madison Paints Smiley Face On Bare Baby Bump
  3. Holly Madison’s Baby Daddy Reveals Their Baby’s Gender

Echo Aurora Lafferty

Posted at 1:01 PM on May 18, 2014

Well I, for one, think it’s a great name! I’m sure my sister Rainbow Aphrodite, would agree!

Hail

Posted at 3:42 PM on May 22, 2013

I had a dog named Rainbow once…. my 4-year-old daughter named her…

Cecelia

Posted at 9:49 AM on March 20, 2013

To me it’s actually a cute name. And it’s her baby not any of yours so keep your opinions to yourselves.

nicole

Posted at 10:10 PM on March 19, 2013

At least she wont have to choose a stripper name.. It will be her real name.

Natalie Coleman

Posted at 3:20 AM on March 11, 2013

Do I agree with Holly having to defend herself? No, I do not. Everyone should mind their own business!

laura

Posted at 11:33 PM on March 10, 2013

Boys are gonna be looking for Rainbow’s pot of gold.

lee

Posted at 7:43 PM on March 10, 2013

Yah! She wont be traumatized by the name “Rainbow” she will be more traumatized that the fact that her mama was sleeping with an “80” year old man
who could have been her father.

wia

Posted at 9:02 AM on December 12, 2013

mind ur own business, who cares! like it affects u who she sleeps with anyway?? does it? atleast she was genuine toward him…

jjinfl

Posted at 6:20 PM on March 10, 2013

I think it is really up to Holly and her husband to decide what name to give to a new baby. Why should any of the readers dictate their choice? Looking at the lovely Mom, I believe this little girl will be as beautiful as any rainbow and will have friends wishing their mothers had named them that rather than Amy, Lisa, Cathy, Amanda, or any of the many other more common “ordinary” names. The middle name complements the choice, as well, although the combination may be a little 70’s in flavor..,

Daisy

Posted at 5:14 PM on March 10, 2013

Is it any worse than Beyonce’s daughter’s name : Blue Ivy???

Rochelle Millender

Posted at 5:54 PM on March 10, 2013

You say that like Blue Ivy is far worse than Apple, or Moon Unit Zappa, or Soleil Moon! Hypocrite!

Cricket

Posted at 4:34 PM on March 10, 2013

Holly wants her daughter to be strong and stand up for herself…with a name like Rainbow?

Brooklynn

Posted at 10:13 AM on May 5, 2013

It’s definitely unique, but isn’t it better than just being ordinary? The ordinary people all trying to be like one another are a dime a dozen. I embrace the uniqueness. I remember when I named my daughter Brooklynn some liked it, but more old-schoolers didn’t. Now look, it is becoming a very popular name for girls. Congratulations to Holly and her husband and their Rainbow!

Brooklynn

Posted at 10:14 AM on May 5, 2013

their beautiful Rainbow!

g

Posted at 10:10 PM on September 9, 2013

i love that name… unique names are the best…. i think it sounds like a native american sort of name …i myself loved the name Tiger and knew someone with that name (not tiger woods) and secretly considered one day naming my daughter that name …. (tiger lilly)