Barbara Walters Leaving ‘The View’?

Sat, March 9, 2013 4:18pm EDT by 14 Comments
Barbara Walters Leaving The View
Courtesy of ABC

The ladies of ‘The View’ are dropping like flies! Barbara may be taking Joy and Elisabeth’s lead and exiting the long-running ABC talk show. Would you be sad if she did?

Joy Behar confirmed that she’s ending her 16-year run on The View this August. Plus, a new report claims that Elisabeth Hasselbeck will also be saying goodbye to the ABC daytime talk show. While that news is enough to crush any fan’s spirit, a new report suggests that Barbara Walters is also considering stepping down.

Sources tell the Daily News that the show’s creator/executive producer and star, 83, is considering stepping down. Barbara and reps for the show, however, declined to comment.

Could this be why Joy decided to leave the show after 16 plus years? Or was it the other way around? Regardless, it appears as though there is going to be a big shakeup on the View’s panel next season.

Elisabeth Hasselbeck Departing ‘The View’

“The viewers they polled all said [Elisabeth] was too extreme and right wing,” a source close to production tells Us Weekly. “People did not watch the show because of Elisabeth. So they told her yesterday her contract would not be renewed.”

Elisabeth became an official View co-host in Nov. 2003.

Joy Behar Ends Her Time On ‘The View’

“It seemed like the right time,” Joy tells HollywoodLife.com’s sister site Deadline. “You reach a point when you say to yourself, ‘Do I want to keep doing this?’ There are other things on my plate I want to do — I’ve been writing a play, I’ve been neglecting my standup.”

If all three co-hosts are leaving the talk show, it may be a good time to revamp the entire series. What do YOU think? Who would be a good host?

HollywoodLifers, would you be sad to see Barbara go?

Us Weekly

jacquelyne

Posted at 5:54 PM on February 24, 2014

Barbara is gone good

Joye Wright

Posted at 3:20 PM on October 14, 2013

what exactly?
great
top quality
honestly?
where is the like button?
where is the love button?
good good
enjoy really like
perfect
shazaam
with thanks
bingo
wonderful
awesome
shared
liked
loved
and 1
this
that’s the plan
excellent
is this original?
did you write this?
why
shareable
explain
expand upon
need more
need contact details
will be needing contact details
how do I contact youwon’t work in Internet explorer
will not load in Safari
Style sheet is all messed up
busted connection
dang popups
originated from Ask
stemmed from Google
Reddit directed me here
found on reddit
have a look at all this spam
such an abundance of spam
pretty bad opinions
seriously, commenters?
appears to be bots
give them a break
what is your facebook
what’s your twitter
you have facebook?
you need twitter?
so confused
help please
cliff notes?
tl;dr
my best friend would enjoy
absolutely
syntax
not too bad
application please
any kind of apps?

how to file for bankruptcy in florida

Posted at 1:00 PM on April 2, 2013

Hello there! This post couldn’t be written any better! Reading through this post reminds me of my previous roommate! He constantly kept talking about this. I am going to send this information to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read. I appreciate you for sharing!

besspaula

Posted at 5:46 PM on March 19, 2013

im really tired of them all. need new blood. whoopie is not interested in being there. sherry is a nice funny lady, but, cant carry her weight. babs has to go. joy i cant stand. eyerolling is so obvious. only when she likes person then shes ok. elisabeth, is fine.

deb

Posted at 11:00 AM on March 18, 2013

I am so thrilled Joy Behar is leaving – her voice and her expressions are very tacky. BArbara you can trust to bring in clarity and fairness!!

bjsmith

Posted at 9:18 AM on March 10, 2013

I will miss Joy. Elisabeth or Barbara I will not miss. I think the show could work if a new group take over. Ofcourse the program should remain diverse. Black /White, Democrats /Republicans. I just hope it doesn’t turn into a dull lackluster talk show like “The Talk “. I don’t understand why that show is still on TV.q

kris

Posted at 4:20 AM on March 10, 2013

if barbara leaves the show it is over. i rarely watched people come and go but barbara WAS the show. joy i liked she tried to have a show of her own before i watched a couple of times but unfortunately the show got cancelled

Lisa 7

Posted at 4:56 PM on March 10, 2013

Are you kidding me? Barbara is a train wreck. She REPEATS AND REPEATS AND REPEATS HERSELF!!!! OVER AND OVER AGAIN! Sick of hearing about her STUPID SPECIALS! Then, she NEVER gets a joke or understands ANYBODY! She NEEDS to RETIRE! FOR GOOD! Whoppi and Joy are “THE SHOW”! Sherri needs to go to. Sick of SAL AND JEFFERY! Bring in Sarah Silverman. Rosie needs to come back. Mario Lopezs wife. Courtney Lopez (Very opinionated) Give other talented people a chance.

TRACY123

Posted at 11:01 PM on March 9, 2013

The View is over with, those women are nothing but a bunch of obnoxious twits, all they do is scream at each other, the show started out nice, but is now out of control, it needs to go, already!!

Amy Daniel

Posted at 12:55 PM on August 13, 2013

I stopped watching a long time ago because all they did was scream, argue, and talk over each other! I just couldn’t stand it any longer and it became a waste of time to even sit down to watch it.

abe is doing it!!?

Posted at 10:00 PM on March 9, 2013

so let’s see ho many racists still live in the states?

Lisa

Posted at 5:49 PM on March 10, 2013

What the hell are you talking about? Who’s RACIST???????????????? Are you REALLY still living in that ERA? Wrong subject idiot!

B., Scott

Posted at 7:19 PM on March 9, 2013

Sounds like the ship is sinking! I can’t see Whoop staying w/a new group…

Steve Branning

Posted at 5:09 PM on March 9, 2013

I think it is time for the show to go . They can no longer objective . Just look how they did when The Prez was on and how Bill OReily was on there no body walked off on the Prez .