Ashley Benson: Justin Bieber ‘Wasn’t Happy’ About My ‘Boyfriend’ Parody

Wed, March 6, 2013 12:01pm EDT by 9 Comments
Ashley Benson Justin Bieber Parody
FameFlynet, Courtesy of YouTube

Ashley hit the cover of the April issue of ‘Seventeen’ looking hot, but it’s what she had to say in the interview inside the issue that’s extra steamy! The ‘Spring Breakers’ and ‘Pretty Little Liars’ star reveals how Justin personally reacted to her viral parody of ‘Boyfriend.’ Keep reading to see how the Biebs felt!

We all suspected that Justin Bieber was pretty hurt by Ashley Benson and James Franco’s “Boyfriend” parody video — now it’s confirmed!

Ashley Benson ‘Heard From’ Justin Bieber

Talking to Seventeen, the Pretty Little Liars actress revealed that Justin took exception to Ashley and James’ funny remake of “Boyfriend”: “I heard from Justin,” Ashley says, “He wasn’t happy.”

Ouch! We’re assuming the Biebs had a few choice words for Ashley, who at the time was dating his “swagger coach” Ryan Good. “Justin is like a little brother since he and my ex are so close.”

Justin was reportedly convinced when he saw the video that Ashley was cheating on his swagger coach, but what most likely set Justin off is that the video also came off as Ashley and James defending their Spring Breakers co-star Selena Gomez by making fun of him.

Ashley Benson vs. Justin Bieber: Is The Beef Over?

“Anytime you go through a breakup, the friends get defensive,” Ashley suspiciously states. Does she mean she got defensive and made the video, or Justin got defensive and overreacted to it?

After Justin’s upset reaction, James Franco took the video off of his account — though it can still easily be found. “I was asked to take it down by some people,” James told E! at Sundance. “Bieber didn’t contact me, but I don’t think he was too happy. I wasn’t trying to diss him.”

Ashley’s Seventeen interview confirms all of that, but now she insists that tempers have died down: “All is well in that area now.”

What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Was Justin right to confront Ashley about the video, or was he just overreacting? Let us know!

WATCH: “Boyfriend” – James Franco and Ashley Benson

– Andrew Gruttadaro

More Justin & Selena News:

1. Selena Gomez: How She Dissed Justin Bieber On His Birthday
  2. Justin Bieber Vs. Selena Gomez — Their Biggest Revenge Disses
  3. Selena Gomez: Don’t Be Jealous Justin Bieber’s Partying With Girls On His Birthday

carissa

Posted at 7:59 PM on May 22, 2013

well hey that’s how she was acting justin

Aleeess

Posted at 12:38 PM on March 7, 2013

:)) i think it’s funny relex

tabletoppublish

Posted at 7:51 AM on March 7, 2013

I can’t believe I’m going to say this, but Justin seems to be the most respecful and mature of all of them – Ashley, Selena, James, etc. And he’s the youngest. I don’t think it’s wrong to parody someone, everyone needs to have a sense of humor, but you just don’t expect it from your friends.
Has Justin been seen since the breakup making kissey duckie faces while grabbing onto the arms of guys or holding their hands for photo ops? NO.

Chi

Posted at 7:02 AM on March 7, 2013

upset about some video about him…many people make videos about him all the time but it just so happens, his main target to be mad at is James Franco just because him and selena are in a movie together… It wasn’t even that serious and I’m extremely tired of JB… Ik you guys are fans and all but look at the truth… He’s a brat.. People say he’s rude(I bet)… He demands $10,000 from a club just to show up; justin has millions and those millions come from us regular peoe buying his stupid concert tickets and merchandise… Has he ever haven away money to the homeless?.. Ever made his own charity?… Overall I can’t stand him; and I knew he was gonna turn out bad!!

anoncouples

Posted at 6:14 PM on March 6, 2013

Good Lord people it was a stupid video EVRY1 is stilltalking about this!!!!! And another thing since this was posted YESTERDAY about JB. Maybe he told her in hope of bumping into his EX SG

KONA

Posted at 8:56 PM on March 6, 2013

EVEN THOUGH IT WAS A VIDEO. I DON’T THINK ASHLEY SHOULD HAVE DONE THAT. SINCE RYAN AND JB VERY TIGHT WITH EACH OTHER. ASHLEY AND SELENA ARE VERY CLOSE FRIENDS SINCE THERE EX ARE VERY TIGHT WITH EACH OTHER. YEAH I DON’T THINK ASHLEY AND FRANCO SHOULD HAVE DONE THAT. IT WAS STUPID AND IGNORANT OF THEM TO DO THAT.

KONA

Posted at 4:57 PM on March 6, 2013

I AGREE. I DON’T THINK ASHLEY SHOULD HAVE DONE THAT. SHE DIDN’T DO THAT TO SELENA. WHY WOULD SHE DO THAT TO JUSTIN. THEY ARE FRIENDS. SINCE JUSTIN IS FRIENDS AND SO CLOSE TO RYAN GOOD. THEY ARE BEST FRIENDS. ASHLEY SHOULD HAVE NEVER DONE THAT TO JUSTIN. LET ALONE MAKE FUN OF HIM. JUSTIN ISN’T A CRY BABY. I FEEL BAD FOR JUSTIN SOMETIMES ALL THE TRIALS AND TRUIALABATION.

ELVIS PRESLEY

Posted at 2:21 PM on March 6, 2013

JUSTIN YOU ARE SUCH A CRY BABY! YOU SUCK!

Justin!!!!!!!

Posted at 1:29 PM on March 6, 2013

he didn’t overreact! They made fun of him. I can’t help but feel bad for him. Like no one is taking his side. Everyone thinks that Selena is the precious one and the one hurt. But really it’s Justin. He didn’t diss her a million time ok? Justin needs someone there for him. Whether it is another girl or a friend. He has to many bad influences he needs somebody. Poor Justin