Tori Spelling Slams Magazine: Divorce Claims Hurt My Children

Fri, March 1, 2013 10:45am EDT by 8 Comments
Tori Spelling Divorce
Courtesy of FameFlynet

The famous mother is blasting ‘Star’ magazine for claiming that her husband, Dean McDermott, is leaving her! The former reality star took to her blog Feb. 28 to say that the story is ‘hateful’ and  ‘horrible.’

Tori Spelling, 39, took to her blog to write an open letter to Star magazine about their story, claiming she and husband, Dean McDermott, 46, are heading for a divorce. According the former Beverly Hills, 90210 star, the story had a devastating affect on her children. Her five-year-old, Liam saw the magazine cover in the grocery store and immediately got upset.

“He first spotted me on the cover, then Dad, and then a picture of himself and his 3 younger siblings. He was able to read two things out loud, the word DIVORCE (which he proudly sounded out) and the caption above his picture which read ‘Who will get the kids?’ He became terrified. I had to hurry him and his confused 4-year-old sister Stella out of the grocery store and into our car,” wrote the upset mother.

Tori then went on to write about what an uncomfortable talk she was forced to have with her worried son.

Tori’s Son: Terrified After Seeing The Magazine Cover

“By the time he was fastening himself into his car seat he was asking, ‘Why is someone getting us?? Where are you and Dad going?’ He was anxiously biting his lower lip and his big blue eyes were filled with tears. My heart sank. How would I explain to my children that what these 3 writers who have never even met us but who claim to know the ins and outs of our relationship and have proudly put their names on this article are flat out writing lies?” she continued.

She then talked about how she tried to convince her kids that her marriage was fine.

Tori’s Daughter Questions The Morality Of Magazines

“Driving home I repeatedly told my children, “That magazine doesn’t know us. Daddy and I are very happy and in love. There will be no divorce and all of us will remain together as a family”. Stella, my literal one, just kept saying ‘But then why is it on the magazine? Magazines are true.’ I wish that were always the case.”

Tori then pleaded to the magazine to keep her kids out of it and to go for her because she could handle it.

So HollyMoms, was Star wrong for writing their story?

– Nicole Weaver

More Tori Spelling News:

1. Tori Spelling & Dean McDermott Show Off ‘Superman’ Baby Finn
  2. Tori Spelling: Stranded On The Side Of The Road With All Four Kids
  3. Tori Spelling: Pregnancy Scare Relates To Kate Middleton’s Complications

marissa

Posted at 5:47 AM on January 9, 2014

She is a rich kid who has never had guidance (by this I mean she should not have let herself go while he was married). They will overcome cheating problems and all other problems they have with money. It is well known that marriage works better if there is plenty of money.

youtube ダウンロード iphone

Posted at 3:29 AM on November 12, 2013

iphone マイク

April Robinson

Posted at 2:21 PM on March 25, 2013

My comment to Tori Spelling; The way u explain the situation to your children, was awesome. You’re an great mother n wife to your family ….Don’t forget that. I dont believe the media. May God bless you n family always ..

Gina

Posted at 10:19 PM on March 2, 2013

I hope Dean is truly vested and sincere in his marriage to Tori. I feel that Tori is a very giving, loving and caring person. That would be horrible for Dean to take advantage of those great qualities. Life is too short to lose time with your family, each hour, each day because no one knows how long we have on this earth. Many people would give anything to have a family of their own to love. When one heart breaks- they all break!

S.V.K.

Posted at 11:47 AM on March 1, 2013

Smut peddlers! We could stop them in there tracks if public would stop buying there magazine’s.

Ari

Posted at 11:19 AM on March 1, 2013

I’d be more inclined to believe her if she didn’t give interviews about her sex life with her husband, which will by far, hurt her children more.

Tara

Posted at 4:05 PM on March 13, 2013

Really? I think you’re missing the point a little here…..she is a concerned mother…..she can shield her children from the Internet rumours,television interviews….etc……she CANNOT shield them from tabloids in the grocery store…..this is a sad society where people can lie and get away with it….all the while making millions off the suffering of others…..shame!

Nobody Special

Posted at 10:55 AM on March 1, 2013

See !?!? THIS is why all tabloids should be done away with.
now look at the damage it has caused. Shame on Star !!!