Nicki Minaj: Super Dark Roots On ‘American Idol’ — Love Or Loathe

Thu, February 28, 2013 9:59am EDT by 23 Comments
Nicki Minaj Hair American Idol
Courtesy of Fox

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Posted at 10:57 PM on May 19, 2013

DOES IT REALLY MATTER WHO GIVES A CRAP… LET PEOPLE BE YOURE NOT FAMOUS SO LET IT REST… HATERS..

MJ

Posted at 10:40 PM on April 10, 2013

Nicki Minaj – STOP PLAYING WITH YOUR FRICKING HAIR!!!

farida

Posted at 5:23 AM on June 7, 2013

nicki minaj i olso want to do it but im in south africa when are u cuming here

Amanda

Posted at 5:15 AM on March 28, 2013

Also the roots aren’t convincing anyone

Amanda

Posted at 5:13 AM on March 28, 2013

Personally as a 21 year old half-black female liking hip-hop having a female black rapper come out and portray her self constantly one way with looks and another with singing/rapping its a little disappointing after when deciding to go natural myself and educating myself of the benefits as well as the true beauty of the African American person, hair texture and skin…it’s sucks that the one “black” female rapper in 2013 won’t even promote that in the position she’s in it’s persuading the opposite effect bin my eyes.

wesley

Posted at 6:16 AM on March 19, 2013

I think she looks great. People should be able to look however they want as long as they do it with effort, and she does her look with effort.

The whole point of a blonde wig with roots is to make it look more natural, much like the wigs Beyoncé wears.

gauy perez

Posted at 11:05 PM on March 15, 2013

Nickie Minaj has no business being a music judge. she talks about sex, the dress and looks of contestants and gives meaningless comments about the songs….why is she there in the first place? Hello producers!!@@## Her bright colored wigs make her look like a circus clown!!!

KC

Posted at 8:57 PM on March 14, 2013

I really want to build a time machine and go back to 1995 with videos of Nicki Minaj and Lady Gaga and show it to people and say “THIS is the future!” and freak everyone out.

KC

Posted at 8:53 PM on March 14, 2013

Just screams LAZY!

I REALLY don’t like dark skinned women who dye their hair blonde. In fact, I’m really not a fan of anyone changing their hair from its natural color- most of the time it makes them look terrible. But I digress.

With the amount of money this girl has, you would think she’d get a stylist to fix it, or she’d wear one of her ten thousand wigs. It looks like those roots have been growing for eight weeks with no color! Why not just have black hair and look like a normal human being?

gauy perez

Posted at 11:10 PM on March 15, 2013

KC I totally agree with your comment about bright colored wigs…..why can’t Nickie Minaj attempt to look normal!!!! is she compensating for her lack of talent? STOP LOOKING LIKE A CLOWN, GIRL!!! SHOOT YOUR STYLIST!!@@##

lilium

Posted at 10:42 AM on March 16, 2013

So I guess Beyoncé And Rihanna is out of the question, huh?

DT

Posted at 1:30 PM on March 3, 2013

I totally agree with you, Sara. I have to look away when Nicki Minaj is talking. Why does she keep stroking her hair??? Maybe she should stop parting it in the back and bringing it around to the front!! It’s so annoying that I can hardly watch Idol. Her comments drive me crazy too! If I have to hear, “I am so obsessed with you” one more time, I might pull my OWN hair!!

Sara

Posted at 10:20 AM on March 1, 2013

She looks great, but I wish she would stop playing with her hair during the show! It was driving me crazy! Stop touching your hair every 5 seconds!!!

Wanda Stuff

Posted at 9:38 PM on February 28, 2013

Was that her real hair or a wig/weave???? Nicki Minaj does wear wigs,but we all were wondering if that was her hair or what!! She did look good,but she does not need to wear those plastic looking eye lashes.They do not look good!!!!

Gianna

Posted at 8:14 PM on February 28, 2013

I love everything about nicki minaj!❤ She is not afraid to be herself and i love that about her❤ she inspires me in soo many ways❤

KC

Posted at 8:56 PM on March 14, 2013

If she was being herself she’d have black hair that was HER OWN. She’s being someone else. Everything about her is fake. And people say she’s being herself??

I don’t particularly dislike Nicki Minaj. I like most of her music. But a person is NOT being herself when she has to spend tons and tons of money to look like someone else.

lilium

Posted at 10:44 AM on March 16, 2013

Gianna Preach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It’s great to have a fellow Barb on the network.

farida

Posted at 5:07 AM on June 7, 2013

leason here dont be so jelous nicki minaj looks great and i lv her

Kylie

Posted at 12:04 PM on February 28, 2013

Omg, she totally got plastic surgery..but she looks better. Her face doesn’t look as fat anymore & it’s a bit more angular. Pretty. :)!

Nina

Posted at 11:53 AM on February 28, 2013

when will she realize she is not Barbie, and she is not white, so why force it, with color contacts and bleached hair?! she looks ridiculous!

Nikkita Michelle

Posted at 12:08 PM on February 28, 2013

She does ridiculous, not because of the contacts and the blonde hair. I’m sick of the cartoon outfits and crazy colored clothes. FYI, they do have black Barbies now. There’s no need to look like the first one ever made.

Chris

Posted at 1:35 PM on February 28, 2013

Look at her hands and then her face..ridiculous. She has dark hands and arms and her face is white. If you’re black, be proud to be black. She makes me want to gag anyway. She’s the only one up on that judge’s panel that has no credentials. How dare her judge someone else’s singing.She looks like a flippin’ clown.

abe is doing it!!?