Giuliana Rancic & Bill Rancic Put Their Marriage Before Their Baby

Thu, February 28, 2013 12:51pm EDT by 7 Comments
Bill Rancic Giuliana Rancic Marriage
FameFlynet, Courtesy of Instagram

The successful reality couple, who welcomed their first baby via surrogate in August, revealed in a new interview that they prioritize their marriage over their baby Duke, 6 months! Do YOU think that’s a healthy family structure?

Giuliana Rancic and Bill Rancic have been happily married since they tied the knot in Italy in 2007, but just became first-time parents in August when they welcomed their baby boy Edward Duke via gestational surrogate. As part of their new family plan, the power couple has decided to put their marriage first, and their baby second.

“We’re husband and wife, but we’re also best friends, and it’s funny because a lot of people, when they have kids, they put the baby first, and the marriage second,” the E! News host told Us Weekly. “That works for some people. For us, I find, we put our marriage first and our child second, because the best thing we can do for him is have a strong marriage.”

Giuliana: Being A Mom Makes My Marriage Stronger

Giuliana, who met her hubby Bill when she interviewed him after he won the first season of The Apprentice, has always wanted to be a mom, and battled fertility struggles — and breast cancer — before her dream came true last summer.

But now that she’s a mom, she revealed how much it has impacted her relationship with her man — for the better.

“We’re even stronger than we ever were before and even imagined we could be,” she said.”I always say to Bill, ‘You were my first baby,’ because he was! He was my first love and my first baby and Duke is my second baby.”

So sweet! It sounds like the Rancics are one big happy family.

What do YOU think of putting their marriage first HollyMoms? Are those healthy priorities, or should the kids come furst? Let us know in the comments below!

– Christina Stiehl

More Giuliana & Bill Rancic News:

1. Giuliana Rancic Has ‘Major Separation Anxiety’ Leaving Baby Duke For Work
  2. Giuliana & Bill Rancic Share Baby Duke’s First Feeding — Watch
  3. Bill & Giuliana Rancic Reveal: We Won’t Put Baby Duke On Reality TV

SPR

Posted at 10:59 AM on November 8, 2013

I finally understand that. I had 3 kids and they became my everything from the minute each one was born. Unfortunately, I put my marriage 4th in line and I paid the price. We are good friends today but …. So I do believe what B & G are doing is very sensible. Your child needs his parents to have a solid loving relationship. Smart move.

Shirley mayo

Posted at 8:57 PM on September 5, 2013

I am so happy for u my husband and I prayed for u I am so glad can u give me info how I can buy your d v d s of your show we don’t do cable no more I so miss your shows
God Bless your family
Shirley mayo

reeblinda10

Posted at 10:35 AM on March 7, 2013

Everyone knows a good marriage takes a lot of work, but it’s some of the best work we will ever do. The most loving thing I can do for my kids is to invest in my marriage and make it a priority.

RachelB-MD

Posted at 1:07 PM on March 13, 2013

well said my sister!

tiffy

Posted at 1:16 PM on March 5, 2013

BB and the rest of the world is taking this completely out of context. The Bible says to put your husband/wife before your children. It does not mean that you love one over the other, it just means that you take your marriage’s side and your spouses side before the children. To say she didn’t make the connection with her child because she didn’t carry him is so ignoratn. If you love your children more than your husband/wife then YOU are the one with the problem. Again it is very clear in the bible that you have to put your husband/wife before your children! Stop judging her and work on your own marriage!

BB

Posted at 6:09 PM on March 3, 2013

Most moms (and dads) would agree that when you have a child, you don’t just get the luxury of making a choice to put that child first or second. It’s an instinct we have to put our children first. Period. Having a strong marriage is extremely important but it’s never as important as your child. It’s not a choice we make. It’s just the way that it is. The natural love that a parent has for their child(ren) is the strongest love in the world. Nothing…even the love one has for their spouse, can compete. She wasn’t able to carry her son. Maybe because of that, she wasn’t able to make the connection that most other mom’s make with their children.

Cricket

Posted at 3:57 AM on March 1, 2013

I absolutely agree with the Rancics. Kids today are so spoiled and think the world revolves around them (because at home it does) and it is scary because they are our future. Look at the way Malim B is raising her kids. Letting them attach to her nipple for years and years and sleep in her bed. Now, she is divorced. The Rancics are the ones who ¨get it¨. Little Duke is one lucky dude.