‘Vampire Diaries’ Scoop: Damon & Elena Bond On A Trip To New York

Wed, February 27, 2013 9:57pm EDT by 39 Comments
Vampire Diaries Spoilers Damon Elena
Courtesy of The CW

barbara

Posted at 1:53 PM on March 21, 2013

Finally we get to see some Delana moments we’ve been cheated!!!

Soffia

Posted at 2:34 PM on March 19, 2013

So….in Hometown Stefan/Caroline and Klaus figure out what going and try to stop Silas and help Bonnie.

Very good

And Damon and Elena travel….

Poor damon he is sleeping with a doll.

JL

Posted at 11:43 PM on March 15, 2013

I’m definitely looking forward to seeing more of Damon’s past but I am surprised Lexi is involved. I hope Damon/Elena fans get some enjoyable moments out of the trip to New York. We have waited so long for them tO be together but the side bond is ruining it. The writers are wasting such incredible chemistry and story potential by stalling their romance for so long. Hopefully things will change for the better soon once Elena starts feeling again. Damon and Elena belong together.

Tracey Lynn

Posted at 4:29 PM on March 15, 2013

At this point – I feel forced to choose – while I love Damon and Elena’s chemistry – which I think is as a result that they are a real life couple – their love story is mostly based on lust – in my opinion only. I mean who doesn’t want Damon – me included. But Stefan knows whats best for Elena – he knows her true heart and he will be the one to save her.

Broski1Fan

Posted at 6:28 AM on March 6, 2013

OMG!! KLAUS AND STEFAN AND CAROLINE!?!?!?!?? #Klefoline #KLAROLINE #KLEFAN !!!!

Marjarine

Posted at 5:02 PM on March 5, 2013

Ok guyz, quite complaining about elena and damon cuz it probs haz nothing to do with jeremy dying. Nd also i am one of those people who loved jeremy but they had yo do what was the best for the show… To add an unexpected twist to the story so shut up bout the syupid hate comments bcuz theres nothing you can do bout it. You hear me? If your soo desperate to watch this show just for Steven McQueen then go and watch some other series hes starting in….

Blessing Okpe

Posted at 11:04 AM on March 5, 2013

its damon for elena,it has always been damon

Blessing Okpe

Posted at 11:03 AM on March 5, 2013

gosh @elise u speak the truth,delena has done no wrong and frankly speaking vampire diaries would be dead if it was still stefan and elena.trulli glad thats over.

Hina

Posted at 10:26 AM on March 4, 2013

Spoilers confirmed say: Damon and Elena will have an argument in the beginning of 4×17 and by the end of the episode, they’ll make out. I knew SE fans would say that ‘what Damon did to Elena in 4×15 was the wrong thing’. As usual, they don’t understand anything. Even Julie said on Twitter or in any interview that ‘Damon did the most RIGHT thing for Elena in 4×15′. The Promo Poster which was released for 4×15 had Elena looking like a dark and a depressed Vampire with Damon at the back who looks as if he will be the one to bring her humanity back. Not he, but his love for Elena. I do believe the ‘sire bond obstacle’ is gone now. There’s a new storyline for DE. That is, Damon’s love for Elena will bring back her humanity. Just like, Elena was the one who brought Damon’s humanity back. I love DE so much :) They’re story is just so beautiful and flawless. They will always be my OTP…

Sophie

Posted at 9:22 PM on March 5, 2013

THIS!! I completely totally agree with you. DE lovestory is the prettiest of them all

Melissa (@maddpappy)

Posted at 11:24 PM on March 7, 2013

I do hope so.

Elle

Posted at 1:55 PM on March 3, 2013

Finally some Delena!

Nicole

Posted at 6:51 PM on March 2, 2013

Nooooo. Stelena! All delena does Is argue and plus their not themselves when there together, their annoying to watch.

iՏtaɲƊaɱoɲՏaƖѵatoяɛ❤ (@_DESiredMe)

Posted at 6:44 AM on March 16, 2013

Omfg stop watching it then and umm you’re blind and missed the last 3 seasons of TVD if you think that’s all they do -.-

Demi Lovato (@DemiMagicLovato)

Posted at 8:28 AM on March 1, 2013

I hope something romantic happens between Elena and damon in New York <3 <3 <3

jade

Posted at 2:29 PM on February 28, 2013

Sorry but I hate Delena too and I’m not Stelena, I prefer Stefan and Rebecca. Hopefully though this won’t be the whiny Delena I’ve had to endure this season and plus Caroline, Klaus and Stefan are my favorite trio.

Chuong Tran

Posted at 8:41 AM on March 11, 2013

so i hate Delena too

Twilover6989

Posted at 2:00 PM on February 28, 2013

Wow amanda you sound like a Stelena shipper… Anyways I am excited for the new episodes and I love DE but I don’t agree that’s its all about Damon and Elena all the time even tho we have gotten alot of it we also have gotten alot of everyone else too. The messed up thing is in the first season it was always all about Stefan and elena but now she is with Damon everyone had got a problem with it. And for ur informations we actually did good in our last episodes ratings and they have already signed up for a new season. Granted I know they keep killing people off but I have a huge feeling now that there is Silas and he wants to bring everyone back who was supernatural I believe everyone will in the end so all of you who are so upset bout Jeremy and Kol there prob coming back.. If not ill bite my lips and never say a word again.

TP

Posted at 9:02 PM on March 1, 2013

What does it matter who she ships? Everybody has a right to ship whomever they want to without being put down by another ship. You sound so childish and petty. The reason the ratings were higher last week was b/c no one really believed Jeremy was dead. I think everyone believed he was going to come back alive w/ his ring or Bonnie was going to bring him back. There was also rumors that Damon was going to die in 4X15. You can’t deny that the ratings have dropped this season since Damon and Elena got together.

Melissa (@maddpappy)

Posted at 11:26 PM on March 7, 2013

Julie will deny that and has in interviews. She has the numbers. Maybe its the entire plot? Maybe another show? maybe weather…it ain’t just one reason. Ship your ships ans stay happy guys! we all love our ships for diff reasons. We will never fathom the others.

Cam

Posted at 11:56 PM on March 14, 2013

Speaking as someone who WAS obsessed with this show because of Delena, I didn’t loose interest because they got together, I lost interest in the way the writers have treated their relationship. After waiting 3 1/2 years for Damon and Elena to get together, Julie denied them the ability to have a free and loving relationship because she wedged the damned sire bond between them. And of course, what makes the writers happier than torturing Damon??! So yeah, now I don’t even care anymore. I realize that Julie and the writers wil never give Delena the chance they deserve, it will simply be one obstacle after the other, more questioning about whether Elena truly loves him or not, its an old hat at this point. I’ll just re-watch the previous seasons when Damon and Elena had a really amazing dynamic. If the ratings are bad, its not because of Delena, its because the writers have disappointed their fanbases one too many times.

maria

Posted at 2:42 PM on April 17, 2013

actually the highest ratings ever was the heavily promoted Delena scenes, then they threw everything put the kitchen sink at them. Every where i go people are saying they are just hanging in there for damon. Besides if the rating been down because of delena, like you say, then they must have a huge fan base, since they have still ,high ratings. I I can guaranty if Delena Fans ever get fed up and stop watching, the Show will be done for. They can absorb the lose of Stelena Fans.Thank goodness for Damon.

amanda

Posted at 10:40 AM on February 28, 2013

This show has “jumped the shark”. Jeremy was a big reason why we loved this show. He was the only one who could actually pull off being a teenager going to High School. Killing Jeremy off was the dumbest thing they could have done and now Elena and Damon are taking ANOTHER TRIP. They’ve gotten rid of anything that would have Elena connected to. All because they want Delena I’m done with this show. It’s official it’s the Delena Diaries instead of The vampire diaries. Funny thing is the ratings have gone down.

Ashlee

Posted at 10:21 PM on February 28, 2013

Actually, if you took the time to look at the ratings , they have gone up. The new episode last week rose 30% in the ratings. In addition to that, it has been number one in social media, such as twitter, at least once this year that I know of ( look on the TV Fanatic site if you don’t want to take my word for it. I believe Julie Plec also either tweeted that info or was tweeted about it). Also, it was one of the first shows to receive early renewal. I respect everyone’s right to love or hate the show and the storylines, but please get informed before saying things like this storyline or couple are making ratings drop.

Elise

Posted at 10:38 PM on February 28, 2013

How exactly did they get rid of everything Elena was connected to just because they want Delena? That makes no sense. Sounds like the ranting of a whining Stelena fan. The writers killed Jeremy because they wanted Elena to flip her switch. That was explained in several articles. That has nothing to do with Delena. In fact, Elena having her switch flipped is probably going to be a pain in the butt for Delena. Now she can’t even love Damon anymore and I’m sure that’s going to mess with his already messed up head. Maybe you should consider that most Delena fans did NOT want Jeremy killed either. I loved Jeremy and I hate that they killed him for a stupid plot twist. And we’ve gotten barely any Delena anyway…so I don’t know where the hell you get that this is the Delena Diaries. We’ve had far less Delena scenes since they supposedly got together than before. Also, the ratings are doing fine. The only episode that actually had bad ratings was the one on Valentine’s Day…and guess why that was…it was on VALENTINE’S DAY.

Cam

Posted at 11:59 PM on March 14, 2013

Totally agree with you. We’ve had barely any Delena. You’d think that now they are boyfriend and girlfriend that would mean they’d actually be happy and have wonderful moments together…..yeah……not happening. I’ll start watching the show again once the writers get their acts together and give Damon some much deserved happiness without any strings.

THE VAMPIRE DIARIES BEST FAN ( Linda )

Posted at 6:21 AM on February 28, 2013

OMG.I Miss Jeremy :(

Monika

Posted at 5:48 AM on February 28, 2013

I want DEx!

Jeremy gilbert

Posted at 3:18 AM on February 28, 2013

I lv vampire diaries xo much

arya

Posted at 2:02 AM on February 28, 2013

finally….i love juicy spoilers…I’m just dying to learn more about Damon’s past. But whats barbie klaus doing with them? She doesnt have her own salvatore to be with. Anyways…the gang needs bonnie and vaughn (i hope I’ve written well his name) to kill silas, thats why i dont think that elena will get the cure. Unless bonnie finds out the spell to make more cure’s Lool…

Rayne

Posted at 12:04 AM on February 28, 2013

Finally! It is about time for Damon and Elena to heat things up on TVD. I’ve been waiting such a long time.

sally

Posted at 11:46 PM on February 27, 2013

“be”

sally

Posted at 11:45 PM on February 27, 2013

how can the “bond”?…..all damon has to do is say “have fun elena” or “stop biting people” or “e happy, get over it”. i never liked these two and how they brought them together has ruined their story even more.

vera

Posted at 11:14 AM on February 28, 2013

o yes the story was soooo GOOD with twilight emo stefan and bella…oh sorry elena……

Elise

Posted at 10:26 PM on February 28, 2013

That comment made no sense…and I don’t mean the absence of the “b”. Are you implying Damon SHOULD use the bond to fix Elena? Cause that would be all kinds of wrong. Also, apparently the sire bond is going to be negated by her flipping her switch. The sire bond is formed and fed by her love for Damon. Now that she has flipped the switch and can’t love him, the sire bond is supposed to be turned off with it.

abe is doing it!!?

Posted at 11:29 PM on February 27, 2013

believe it or not: THEY’RE GONNA HELP THE SANDY-VICTIMS!!

Liz

Posted at 11:03 PM on February 27, 2013

It will be exciting to see Damon and Elena in a new scene, though I am wondering if they get paid a visit from Katherine while there. I can’t wait to find out, and I am glad that I won’t risk missing this episode with my DISH Hopper. Working the late shift at DISH, I love that I can set my DVR to automatically record the seasons of every show I watch. The 2,000 hours of storage space keeps me from falling behind, and I am glad that I don’t risk missing this trip and a potential showdown it will ensue.

sjones