Fifth Harmony Will Be The Girl Version Of One Direction

Tue, February 26, 2013 4:17pm EDT by 16 Comments
Fifth Harmony One Direction
Photos from FameFlynet, AP/Invision

The girl group is already planning their world takeover with their upcoming music and they actually share the same producer as the boys of One Direction, do you think they will be just as successful?

One Direction better watch out because Fifth Harmony is about to dominate! Ally Brooke, Camila Cabello, Normani Hamilton, Dinah Jane Hansen and Lauren Jauregui are blowing up and even though they finished in third place on season two of X-Factor, their producer, Julian Bunetta.

Why These Girls Could Be The Next One Direction

The girl group finished behind Carly Rose Sonenclar, and winner Tate Stevens on the show. But they signed to Epic Records and are already planning their domination with One Direction’s producer.

“Well hopefully [it will] be the opposite side of the coin, the female side of the coin from the 1D boys, which would be great,” Julian says. “It’s five amazingly talented, beautiful girls that I love to death and they’re great singers.”

She went on to say: “And I worked with them on the show. I’m getting to executive produce their album and so I’m trying to reach out to all the best songwriters and producers in the business and make an album that girls can have a lot of fun to.”

We think these girls are awesome and totally talented. Clearly the boys of One Direction have risen to total mega-fame since the show and they now tour all over the world and fans throwing themselves at them. But do you think that Fifth Harmony could be the next Spice Girls or Destiny’s Child?

Moogoo

Posted at 11:49 AM on August 2, 2013

I wish 5H the best of luck. They were at their bet when they covered “Anything Could Happen”. Not so sure about this debut song. Maybe some club remixes could turn my opinion around? Or a 2nd single that’s a bit less pop/rock and more pop/dance. I personally find Little Mix more appealing.

nicole

Posted at 4:08 PM on March 18, 2013

I feel this article is causing unnecessary rifts between fans. Fifth Harmony themselves worship 1D and they have stated many times they would be ecstatic to have half the success of what 1D have accomplished. I love Fifth Harmony and wish the girls success.

raniya

Posted at 7:37 PM on March 11, 2013

there one direction wanabies

raniya

Posted at 7:40 PM on March 11, 2013

they think there so cool but there not and they will never be i think camellia and dinah should be the only ones getting the record deal there voices are the best

Shivangi

Posted at 11:03 AM on March 2, 2013

I don’t think they will be Bigger than One Direction. I mean 1D are soooo big in India too. Id did’t want to copy anyone.

werejin loves singing

Posted at 7:38 PM on March 11, 2013

exactly

Ellie

Posted at 1:44 AM on March 1, 2013

Everyone these days want to be the next one direction justin bieber but these people made it in the industry cuz their unique! I love little mix since I find them more likeable and real the uk X factor has more talent and the us one is too commercialised and crap what happend to the good raw vocalists I love 1d and little mix since they are unique and don’t expect to be the next back street boys or spice girls then when a new talent comes along the industry is bursting trying to get replicas coming out what happen to being unique

Shivangi

Posted at 11:05 AM on March 2, 2013

I sooo agre with you:)

Mads

Posted at 2:24 AM on February 28, 2013

Uhhh this group is crap…saw them a couple of times. Definitely not for me. Talent’s better in the UK…just my opinion. :)

whatever

Posted at 6:27 AM on February 27, 2013

I think that it should be about concentrating to reccord a good album, and trying to sell it well enough in the US for a start instead of thinking world domination…

Nobody knew that 1D was going to be this huge, and to think that you can just reproduce that because another group came 4th (E3) or 3rd (5H) on the american show is highly simplistic a probably inaccurate.
Good luck to them anyway.

C l

Posted at 12:14 AM on February 27, 2013

Here’s the deal: where does the fan-base usually come from? YOUNG TEENAGE GIRLS.
Now I haven’t heard much goss or talk about fifth harmony. Now claiming that they have potential to be the female one direction raises the bar. Even if they’re better. It doesn’t matter if they don’t have a large AND EXPANDING (international) fanbase

d_e

Posted at 4:32 PM on February 28, 2013

Fortunately it is large AND expanding, like they said in the video.

d_e

Posted at 4:34 PM on February 28, 2013

Fortunately their fanbase is large AND expanding, like they said in the video.

Ashlee Choi (@ABMiley)

Posted at 7:13 PM on February 26, 2013

They’ll be bigger than 1D

Bing

Posted at 5:59 PM on February 26, 2013

They will not be as famous one direction :o

Romello

Posted at 4:50 PM on February 26, 2013

I’m a 15 year old boy and I can’t believe I’m putting this on the internet but I watched you on Xfactor and I friggin love you guys.I wish the best of your career. :D
#FirstComment