Chris Brown: ‘I’m Forgiven’ After Assaulting Rihanna

Tue, February 26, 2013 10:02am EDT by 98 Comments
Rihanna Chris Brown Forgiven
FameFlynet

In a new interview, Chris says he ‘worked hard’ to earn RiRi’s forgiveness.

Are Chris Brown and Rihanna more in love than ever? It certainly sounds like it, the way Chris talks about RiRi in a new interview with The UK’s Mirror. In fact, he even says he’s “forgiven” for savagely assaulting her on the evening of the 2009 Grammy Awards — though it didn’t happen overnight.

“She loves me, what can I say?” he told the publication Feb. 24 at Elton John’s annual Oscars viewing party in Hollywood. “I’m forgiven … but, yes, I worked hard for it.”

He also referred to the assault as the “greatest regret” of his life.

The fact that Chris managed to be so cheerful that night — despite Seth MacFarlane totally dissing Chris and Rihanna’s relationship during the actual Oscars ceremony — proves that Chris really has arrived at a much better place in his life. The more he speaks openly about what happened, the more people will be willing to accept that he’s changed.

Chris Brown & Rihanna: Back Together And ‘Really Happy’

But The Mirror wasn’t the only publication Chris sang RiRi’s praises to.

And Chris has been rehabilitating his image with the help of an unlikely ally: Elton, himself!

“I met Elton about a year ago, and he’s been a good friend to me … so it is great to be here tonight to support him,” he added.

More Chris Brown/Rihanna drama:

1. Chris Brown: Hitting Rihanna Is My ‘Greatest Regret’ — Interview
  2. Chris Brown: What He Really Thought About Seth MacFarlane’s Oscar Diss
  3. Rihanna: The Real Reason She Didn’t Go To Oscars With Chris Brown

lol

Posted at 4:36 PM on February 26, 2013

Step on the devils tail and the devil shall appear…..lol

Kiki

Posted at 4:31 PM on February 26, 2013

You lots are truly lame debating over some 2 lil words that a so newspaper claims Chris said, reporters are reporters lol as when since can you ever take what a reporter has posted for gospel especially when they love to twist the truth.
Damn as shy as you all claim Brezzy to be when expressing his feeling bull shid as when needed breezy has got a mouth. Damn will all the speculating about Chris relationship with Riri, Kae one would of thought that he would by now put the record straight, and called kae out for the goldigger that she truly is,but nada but yet he can give this lil 2 bit info to a newspaper
DUH!

lol

Posted at 4:28 PM on February 26, 2013

hihi, kiki finally seems to have left the building ,just like her hoochie wh*re idol k into tin air..lol

Kiki

Posted at 4:35 PM on February 26, 2013

@lol
why not post in a consistant id you skank and if i’m not posting every 247 its merley because i have a job and a life
so bytch seriously shut the fck up as the way you all seem so pressed on my clit ewwwe is scary

TEMP SIMMS

Posted at 4:03 PM on February 26, 2013

HL only report what they want, trimming off all the stuff that suggests that CB does love Rih,—of course pushing their non existent CB triangle. He was asked why Rih wasn’t at EJs party and he said “she was rehearsing and she was the most beautiful woman on this world”. KT is out of the picture and has been long time. She is desperate for gas money, shes too short to work @ MCDonald’s, she can’t reach the counter! S he is just a side piece, little Asian Boy with no titties,,,, im sure she has a #dick too. Best wishes Temp aka JRyan

Kiki

Posted at 4:43 PM on February 26, 2013

@fake temp simms
ok you were funny in the beginning but your dryness is starting to wear a lil thin now, as everybody knows this is not the real temp,So get a fcking life damn or is it that your so threatened by temps posts that you have know taken to be constantly mimicking her

nas

Posted at 4:01 PM on February 26, 2013

@ Tina
Guess what Tina i honestly believe that kae is chris brown FOUNDATION but nothing else she is no body.

Jess

Posted at 3:11 PM on February 26, 2013

why in hell’s kitchen are people coming at Sandra sideways? She’s beeeen in the know for months while yall were drowning in-the-nile (in denial). Get yourselves together #navy or die

Amber Nicole

Posted at 3:07 PM on February 26, 2013

Chris Brown looks so happy and healthy lately. Guess love does that to you. I’m rooting for these two and hope they have a healthy and happy relationship this time around.

Toni

Posted at 2:40 PM on February 26, 2013

Some of you people are truly F$@!ing Pathetic. Constantly trying to discredit Chris Brown and Rihanna’s relationship. Complaint that he hasn’t came out and claimed her. Now that he had what next? Pathetic to say the least. They are together get over it. You would think some of you have something personal vested in there relationship. SMH

stephanie

Posted at 2:31 PM on February 26, 2013

Even a blind man can see Sandra is way invested in chris and rihanna relationship. I see you bashing every single person on the blog that dare say anything about rihanna. I hope you are this invested in your own relationships and your own life. Do you have a job? Don’t seem like it. You have a lot of free times in your hand.

Cali Gurl

Posted at 2:30 PM on February 26, 2013

BOOM! Any questions Haters?

stephanie

Posted at 2:27 PM on February 26, 2013

@sandra: I doubt that you have a man if you stayed so pressed on chris and rihanna and kaes every blog. Your man must not gave you enough attention. Do you know where he’s at? Probably sleeping with your neighbor,dog,mother,sister,or brother.lol

sandra duncan

Posted at 3:36 PM on February 26, 2013

Know you are using my saying? The TRUTH hurts huh? Nobody spends more time on this blog more than you RIH HATERS. GET OVER IT CB and RIH are together. Honey heauxm is where the cock is #HATER next time be more original. ;-)

sandra duncan

Posted at 3:50 PM on February 26, 2013

BTW I could careless about RIH and CB relationship I am here to defend my FAVE. No I do not have a job I have a career. #BASIC B!! something you obviously know nothing about. Anyway meant Now in my last post. F!! A HATER, NAVY TILL I DIE!!!!

Kiki

Posted at 4:53 PM on February 26, 2013

@ duncan its now not know you Illiterate bytch lol

Kiki

Posted at 4:56 PM on February 26, 2013

@ duncan its couldn’t not could, you Illiterate hoe cake lol

sandra duncan

Posted at 7:27 PM on February 26, 2013

@KIKI
Now you are trying to correct me?? I told you reading comprehension is a must please try and re-read what I posted before trying to correct me everybody knows you and the rest of the KT BIRDS are the only ILLITERATE ones here. SMGH

Tina

Posted at 2:19 PM on February 26, 2013

Sandra
Yes, sometimes I read the blog of chrianna, but I’m not chrianna, neither chris brown´s fan
I am fan rihanna and kae and I think that chris brown is playing with both
this is not an official interview, is supposed to be a private conversation of chris with this woman, the day of the party of the oscars
for me this lady has not given me no evidence that this conversation is true, but this is my opinion
I respect that you believe what say this journalist but I do not believe
Sorry my bad English

Ceiling pix

Posted at 4:30 PM on February 26, 2013

Tina – it was a conversation at a very large party.of showbiz professionals that was not really all that private.- How do you know Elton John? Would you ever consider working with him? Why isn’t Rihanna at the party? Did you have a good time in Hawaii? What kind of evidence do these very general questions require for you to believe that an entertainment reporter for a NY newspaper might ask them?

What there is absoultely no evidence of, is that CB is maintaining a close relationship with any of his exes at this point, but this you are not willing to question critically?

I have repeatedly noticed that certain people, Bonnie Fuller and Temp Simms inlcuded, for reasons unknown, choose to propagate rumors and lies about CB without any regard for facts and evidence to substantiate them. Ceiling pix and fake tweets don’t count.

sandra duncan

Posted at 2:15 PM on February 26, 2013

@Temp Simms
You know what I think CB and RIH could careless about what you think You are way too invested in these CELEB’S private lives I am friends with both of my exes of course my man didn’t like it at first but once he knows where he stands in my life and NO ONE can come between that he has absolutely no problem

TEMP SIMMS

Posted at 2:07 PM on February 26, 2013

@Sandra Renee I don’t doubt for a second that he doesn’t love her… Do I think he will be faithful to her…no Do I think they have a healthy relationship….no, Do I think Chris has alot of underlying resentment toward RIRI YES!!! He will alway get blamed for what happened between the two, and Im sorry but he still has a close (very Close) connection with his ex, and women are pretending to say they would be cool with that. They know they wouldn’t.
****I’ve seen all kinds of relationship rules being bent because its RIRI and thats the problem. NO one will say what needs to be said, they will only say what she wants to hear!
****My gut tells me that he loves her, but is not in love with her, but she wanted him back so badly so she has to get the life lessons that will come with it.

Sandra Renee

Posted at 2:36 PM on February 26, 2013

@Temp Simms –

For real, we don’t know…

I disagree that Chris continues to have a close relationship with Karrueche.

Tina

Posted at 1:04 PM on February 26, 2013

oooh come on Sandra but if also the chrianna Blog doubt this interview hahahaha
I would ask you not disrespect me, I’ve never been disrespectful to you
Please do not insult me​​, we can debate without insulting

sandra duncan

Posted at 1:52 PM on February 26, 2013

@Tina
Now you are on Chrianna??? lol Is that not a tumbler?? I think you people view Chrianna more than the real fans SMH So now Chrianna is a reputable tumbler lmao Listen NEW YORK POST is a newspaper that post the TRUTH you still did not answer my question WHY WOULD A REPUTABLE REPORTER LIE??? I swear (no disrespect )you KT fans must have failed reading comprehension I wouldn’t call what was posted in NEW YORK POST an interview more like an answer to a couple of questions so please answer my question or maybe you don’t have an answer?

Kiki

Posted at 4:59 PM on February 26, 2013

@ duncan but i thought that you Rihoe stans took the chrianna blog as gospel even though they are just random nobody ppl running that blog lol

Sandra Renee

Posted at 12:44 PM on February 26, 2013

Hi –

@TEMP SIMMS

You expressed, “Did he say “she loves me, What can I say..”-LOL Please someone tell me he stated he loved her to in this interview!!!!”

###

My response:

Chris is quoted in the Mirror as saying, “…you fight with THE ONE YOU LOVE…” That clearly indicates that he expressed that he loves Rihanna.

Precisely, in the subject interview – He said: “Sometimes you row, you fight, with the one you love and things get said, stuff spirals.

Tina

Posted at 12:35 PM on February 26, 2013

@ceiling pix in interview of the Daily Mirror in England he did not this
You really think he’s going to give an interview and this interview not come out on magazine cover
in private, everyone know that Chris does not speak of this and less of a woman that he meet at a party hahahaha

sandra duncan

Posted at 12:53 PM on February 26, 2013

@Tina
You sound so STUPID everyone knows that CB doesn’t do what?? Do you know CB personally? Let me ask you one question which I know you will not answer because you won’t have an answer Why would it benefit a reputable reporter to tell lies?? and I am not talking about the UK interview I am talking about NEW YORK POST which any one who lives in NY knows is a reputable newspaper that has been around for years, you know what your problem appears to be you spend too much time reading these blogs that you have loss touch with reality ;) Once again SMGH

ceiling pix

Posted at 1:14 PM on February 26, 2013

@Tina – this is not from the Mirror interview – it is from a NY paper. It’s an item on the entertainment pages, called Page Six, with one of the female reporters; it’s neither a formal interview nor a private conversation; They mostly talked about CB’s friendship with Elton John, whose party they were at – in fact it’s titled Elton John gave Chris Brown support. After their very public vacation all week, she asked him why RiRi wasn’t at the party and he told her. I can’t remember her name, but she tweeted about it on Sunday night too. There is no actual news here of any kind – everyone already knew they were together. I don’t know what you’re getting so bent out of shape about.

ceiling pix

Posted at 1:26 PM on February 26, 2013

I forgot to add though, that I am extremely skeptical that he actually gave an interview to the UK Mirror about Rihanna. That makes no sense.

sandra duncan

Posted at 1:54 PM on February 26, 2013

@ceiling pix
Exactly!!! and I do agree with you on the UK mirror interview

AJ

Posted at 2:12 PM on February 26, 2013

Why you Mad?

Tina

Posted at 12:09 PM on February 26, 2013

you really think all this Chris Brown tells a woman at a party in private,
This is not an official interview, the woman said that Chris Brown has said this and I honestly I do not believe

sandra duncan

Posted at 12:21 PM on February 26, 2013

@Tina
But you believed KT’S ceiling pic’s though GET OVER IT but not something posted in the NEW YORK POST a reputable newspaper you people are truly pathetic SMGH

Tina

Posted at 12:04 PM on February 26, 2013

in the alleged interview (I do not believe Chris has given this interview ) he does not say this phrase: “We are really happy,” he told Page Six. “We are back together. She is the most beautiful girl in the world. But I’m sad she couldn’t be here tonight; she is rehearsing for her tour.”

ceiling pix

Posted at 12:23 PM on February 26, 2013

This is the actual first paragraph of the item in today’s NYP. What part doesn’t he say?

“Chris Brown told Page Six on Oscar night of girlfriend Rihanna, “We are really happy.” Brown, who just returned from a Hawaiian vacation with the “Diamonds” singer, said at an Elton John AIDS Foundation bash, “We are back together. She is the most beautiful girl in the world. But I’m sad she couldn’t be here tonight; she is rehearsing for her tour.”

sandra duncan

Posted at 11:09 AM on February 26, 2013

OK that’s all folks CB and RIH are a couple what more do you need?? She LOVES him and He LOVES her @Agally Temp Simpleton is just a #HATER whose man probably doesn’t claim her so since she is DEPRESSED the whole world CB and RIH included should be going through it with her she needs to GET A LIFE!!! and stop worrying about these Celeb’s private lives apparently she is not a fan of neither of them so why waste her time commenting???

Agally

Posted at 10:41 AM on February 26, 2013

@TEMP SIMMS..this doesn’t make any difference…whats ur point

Agally

Posted at 10:38 AM on February 26, 2013

Happy 4 them

TEMP SIMMS

Posted at 10:29 AM on February 26, 2013

We are really happy. We are back together. She is the most beautiful girl in the world.

Posted at 11:39 AM on February 26, 2013

but where are the pix of riri’s ceiling – the only true declaration of love that a troll can believe

LOL

sandra duncan

Posted at 11:51 AM on February 26, 2013

NOW THAT’S A GOOD ONE TOO FUNNY!!! LMAO

Shanta

Posted at 5:38 PM on February 26, 2013

Maybe she’ll just show another picture of her Azz or a blunt or maybe if we’re really lucky some weed…real true love that we can believe in……LOL

Just me

Posted at 12:14 PM on February 26, 2013

He did say that he loves her and that she is the most beautiful woman in the world. You have to read the whole article from the New York post not just the pieces HL inserted.

abe is doing it!!?

Posted at 10:15 AM on February 26, 2013

Metallica sang different……………..The Unforgiven.

abe is doing it!!?

Posted at 10:04 AM on February 26, 2013

ok, now get the hell out of the news & everything is all right again.