AshLee Frazier Ruined Her Chances Of Becoming ‘The Bachelorette’

Tue, February 26, 2013 12:32pm EDT by 64 Comments
AshLee Frazier Bachelor
Courtesy ABC, FameFlyNet

Tierra

Posted at 1:50 PM on February 27, 2013

Catherine all the way!!! Normal and realistic person….Forget about the emotional wreck AshLee. Let her go to rehab or mental hospital..so annoying drama.

aj0714

Posted at 1:21 PM on February 27, 2013

in Sean’s defense, whatever was in that tape Ashlee made changed his mind. He realized the depth of her feeling, and how much she was invested. He already knew at the point who was the one,and it wasn’t her. perhaps, the weight of her past overwhelmed him.. it becomes a huge responsibility when someone is looking to fill such a large gap created by a past that still haunts. it was clearly too much for him. and he knew that as much as he loved her, his heart was leading him in another direction. likely more suited to where he is in life. And he didn’t want to raise her hopes any higher– take her to the edge. he knew how devastating that ending would be. the other two could walk away. and one of them was already his choice.

Jay

Posted at 7:05 PM on February 27, 2013

I completely agree with you, his heart seemed to be in the right place. But to purposely pull her in emotionally with the cave/private beach activity seemed almost cruel. At the very least it seemed self-centered. What do you think?

Debby

Posted at 10:58 AM on February 27, 2013

How does this make her immature? I find the crying, wailing, and dramatics to be immature. AshLee’s backstory showed us how hard it was for her to open up and let people in, so having be sent home probably crushed her and instead of crying like the typical contestant, she left on her terms.

Lissy

Posted at 10:49 AM on February 27, 2013

Ashlee’s voice was raspy annoying and seemed like she’d be a creepy stalker wifey huffing and puffing the word LOVE everywhere he was if Sean picked her. Hope he picks Lindsay.

GoAshLee

Posted at 12:36 PM on February 27, 2013

I have no clue how you could say that. AshLee had a beautiful voice! Lindsay’s voice is always whiney. Sounds like she has some serious nasal issues!

revo

Posted at 8:46 AM on February 27, 2013

I wouldn’t say Sean is immature as in irresponsible but he definitely has a lot of kid in him, clearly more so than any of us originally thought. His playful, easy-going personality is very much out of tune with Ashlee’s. She’s far too serious for Sean and in my opinion she is broken and needs therapy. She said things like “Sean fixes me”. I’m sorry but you have to fix yourself, nobody can do that for you.

Lindsey and Catherine are right up Sean’s ally personality wise and that’s why they are the last two standing.

Jay

Posted at 5:04 AM on February 27, 2013

Her silence shows the depth of her maturity. She had every right to be angry and hurt – he lead her on, knowing she’s vulnerable. She is such a courageous woman, who handles herself with dignity. If she can keep her heart open, I have no doubt she’ll find a wonderful man who really is what Sean only tried to be.

revo

Posted at 8:38 AM on February 27, 2013

“Her silece shows the depth of her maturity”

This can be interpreted different ways. Obviously the author of this article doesn’t agree. If she was angered enough where she didn’t want to pleed with Sean like Desiee did and thought silence was the best thing to do then that’s fine, but there is no excuse for her not to say good bye to Lindsey and Catherine.

Debby

Posted at 11:00 AM on February 27, 2013

My thoughts exactly. I can’t stand to watch the emotional breakdowns some women have when they’re not given a rose. I commend Ashley for not crying and removing herself from the situation

Fred from Australia

Posted at 4:33 AM on February 27, 2013

Hello. From a male perspective, Ashlee always came across as a bunny-boiler, always. Big trouble that one!

Jay

Posted at 6:55 PM on February 27, 2013

Hello, Fred. I dont agree for several reasons, but here are the two most important: 1) Bunny killers don’t exert self-control. AshLee does exert self-control. 2) Bunny killers don’t genuinely care about others’ feelings. AshLee does genuinely care (though she does need to apologize to the two other women when she sees them.)
Jay

Katie

Posted at 2:23 AM on February 27, 2013

I agree that the immature one is the writer of the article. She just had her heart ripped out and handed to her on national TV. She has every right to be pissed. Did you see how emotional she got during the video? She was a lot more serious about him than he was about her. I think Catherine should have gone home. She doesn’t even make eye contact when she talks to him. I will NOT watch the Bachelorette with Catherine. Linday is going to win 100%. Everybody wants to marry their best friend and Lindsay is it. Sorry for spoiling it for you, but I’m right.

Chelsey

Posted at 4:37 AM on February 27, 2013

I agree. This pissed me off so much when I read this! I love AshLee I think she deserves better this proved to me that Sean just isn’t ready for a real relationship.. I don’t know they just were right for each other.. Different levels I guess. She is an amazing person and her reaction to the break up was perfect and exactly how I’ve reacted when someone I love blindsided me and broke my heart. It means she truly loved him. She deserves happiness! And she didn’t look scary at all she looked beautiful and she did cry.

k k

Posted at 6:21 PM on February 27, 2013

I am pretty sure they slept together… so she was probably feeling extremely used and betrayed. She doesn’t strike me as someone who just sleeps around, so she was probably feeling like she really was the “one” . I was so happy to see someone conduct themselves like real life! If you got dumped, you wouldn’t be smiles and hugs and cheer on the other lady, I’m sure you would be pretty pissed to.

Sean L.

Posted at 11:37 PM on February 26, 2013

Yeah! Scary stare, look that could kill! Good she went home! Get some help girl:(

Darna

Posted at 11:24 PM on February 26, 2013

Enough of you people defending Ashlee, this is a competition!!! If they are engaged or married and Sean cheated on her, then that look was understandable, but she is just a contestant competing with the other ladies who Sean likes more than her, and that was it!. He made the best decision, AshLee’s reaction was dangerous, she looked like devil! Go get a life and quit the drama!

Eva

Posted at 11:34 PM on February 26, 2013

Agree 100%. These women must realize that going into this Bachelor show is a taking a chance. Be perpared to be eliminated at any point or hope to win. So why people are commenting as if Sean committed adultery or something. Each one of them has their own strategy. If AshLee’s strategy is to fully consume her emotion falling in love and hoping that it will be reciprocated, that is her fault. Look at the other ladies, you are not superior compared to them, you have mental issues, shouldn’t be there , period.

Shar

Posted at 11:00 PM on February 26, 2013

There was nothing wrong with her reaction. Ashlee opened herself up to Sean She is a wonderful and swet woman who was heart broken. I would love to see her as a bachelorette

VKamp

Posted at 8:23 PM on February 26, 2013

I thought AshLee was the front-runner but every week, her feelings for Sean was beyond obsessive. While I think he’s the best bachelor ever – substance to go along with his totally fabulous looks – this is a person who she’s known for only a few weeks but he’s her savior, protector, soulmate, her Second Coming. Her over-the-top behavior and that stare was just frightening. Even Freddy Krueger would be afraid. Sean was right to eliminate her – it’s his life, his choice, and he should be able to choose who he wants. If it doesn’t work out, then it’s still his choice. Who am I to criticize him? But I see a cooked rabbit on his stove in the near future. If I were Sean, I’d be scared. He should get plastic surgery to change his appearance, change his name, address, phone number, and go into hiding. Wait. Don’t change your looks – just go into hiding.

JB

Posted at 6:19 PM on February 26, 2013

To be honest, I think Ashlee Frazier was to dependent upon Sean to build her self esteem or reinforce she was not “broken” as she put it. I liked her a lot but I think it’s healthier for her that she left the show. I been down Ashley’s road, feeling broken because of a childhood experience and had relationship problems because of it. In the start most men will play hero but eventually the fact you haven’t built your self esteem divorced from someone else will get you in big trouble and not be healthy for you in the long run. She needs to love herself first. Good luck to you Ashlee.

Kelly

Posted at 4:57 PM on February 26, 2013

Ok people, really if the love of your life as it may be just dumped you what would your reaction be??? I sure would not be a happy person!

Rachel

Posted at 4:14 PM on February 26, 2013

Her reaction was not silly and immature. She had every right to act the way she did because she was completely open and emotionally in invested in this. That is realistically how someone would and should react if the love of their life broke up with them, especially after everything that she has shared with him. Like she said “she let him in” and in the end it backfired. I think it is unfair of people to think that her reaction was too harsh cause any of us would react the same way.

revo

Posted at 8:50 AM on February 27, 2013

If she didn’t want to talk to Sean because she was too angry, fine. But what is her excuse and yours for why she didn’t say goodbye to Lindsey and Catherine. If she would have said goodbye to them and gave them hugs and walked off in silence it would have been much more appropriate. That’s my take on it anyway.

Deni

Posted at 3:43 PM on February 26, 2013

I think the author of this article completely got it wrong. What do you mean “get over it?”. She was devastated and had every right to be. Sean chose two sweet but silly girls to go to the end. Ashlee was definitely too mature for him and that’s okay. But to condemn her because of how she handled her broken heart is pretty silly in and of itself.

Whitney

Posted at 3:44 PM on February 26, 2013

TOTALLY AGREE!!!!

Steve

Posted at 3:22 PM on February 26, 2013

Here’s the deal.
She invested her soul into the situation. It wasn’t a game to her.
She has depth and is not a prom queen and that is why we like her.
I respect her and obviously you don’t value people.

happypat45

Posted at 2:57 PM on February 26, 2013

She looks psycho, sleep with one eye open with this one.

Chelsey

Posted at 4:39 AM on February 27, 2013

pam

Posted at 2:08 PM on February 26, 2013

To not have Ashlee as the next Bachlorette will be a travesty of justice. She reacted the way she did because she was so intensely hurt by Sean. We don’t know what went on in the Fantasy Suite. Maybe he gave her the impression that she was the one. She is not immature and wasn’t in it to play games. The other girls were acting childish and immature. If Lindsay is picked as the next bachelorette, me and my friends WILL NOT WATCH THE SHOW ANYMORE! She is immature and childish. We couldn’t handle hours of her giggling and lack of words…..all she could do is simply lure at Sean like a small little school girl. She is the worst mistake ABC could make….At least Deseree would be better.

La

Posted at 2:08 PM on February 26, 2013

She has been mature the entire show and her actions leaving were out of anger and hurt. I think she should most definitely be the next bachelorette since she deserves it and viewers would want to watch her find love.

princessdeesha

Posted at 1:53 PM on February 26, 2013

i think she was staring like that because she was holding back tears. she was truly very deeply hurt. she let him in and he kicked her out.

Angel

Posted at 1:37 PM on February 26, 2013

TOTALLY DISAGREE with your article. The immature one is the person writing an article that puts down a person in this way. Ashlee showed herself to be a mature, REAL woman, who reacted as any person in love would react. Sean led her to believe she was the front runner – he even admitted she was – Sean isn’t man enough to be with a woman of substance calling it too ‘intense’. He is the one who lost out, not her. She deserves a man who has depth who can match her depth.

Emily

Posted at 11:44 PM on February 26, 2013

I am not defending the author but I am just an avid fan of reality shows. I watched all of them. Ashlee is a nut case. She is the silent killer opposite Tiera. She has some mental and emotional issues. Hello!!!! Sean is not committed to you, Catherine and Lindsay are more stable normal people. When you are in a competion, it’s either you LOSE or WIN. Yeah get over it bwahahahah!

Jessica

Posted at 1:33 PM on February 26, 2013

Ben did yhe same thing and became Bachelor next Season. SO Hollywood LIfe Shut your Stupid Mouth!

Sue Anders

Posted at 1:23 PM on February 26, 2013

totally agree with aj0714 – AshLee is beautiful inside and out and yes this is what it looks like when someone is actually IN LOVE and shocked by the outcome…. honest, real, authentic feelings. She was too mature and real for Sean who clearly has a NEED to be a hero or “save” his woman or just giggle and kiss for hours. Just look at the activities he made the girls go through so he could find a way to save them from their fears each time, seems he even took pleasure in pushing them to their limits which seems very contrived to me.

aj0714

Posted at 12:50 PM on February 26, 2013

i think her reaction was honest and dignified. if you really fall in love — and i have no doubt that she did – that elimination would be crushing. to treat this as a game with tears and hugs was not where her heart was — anything but. her honesty belied the depth of her feeling. She’s an interesting woman– unlike so many on this show — she’s got substance. and a ton of style. She’d be fun to watch. i hope they do convince her to be the next Bachelorette. it would be a smart move.

pam

Posted at 2:15 PM on February 26, 2013

I agree aj0714. Well said! Her true feelings were showing as she was totally shocked and probably felt humiliated. The other women if they had been cut would probably not have been so devastated because they are still very young and know they have a lot of time. Ashlee probably feels more of a biological clock ticking and had more invested in Sean. I think she deserves a much more mature and debonaire kind of guy. I do love Sean for his character and integrity, yes; but I think Ashlee needs a more mature older man who will appreciate her for who she is and not care whether she can scale a wall or how well she does in a dark cave…For Pete’s sake, this woman has true genuine mature feelings and doesn’t take them lightly. It wasn’t a game to her.

I have never commented so much on these sites as I have this time because I feel so strongly for the injustice that is being said about Ashlee and the credit given to Lindsay. I would much rather see Des on the show than LIndsay.

Erin

Posted at 4:37 PM on February 26, 2013

I was shocked and saddened that he sent AshLee home. She was so authentic and honest with her feelings. She also has such a beautiful inner and outer glow. I really wish her the best of luck moving on from Sean, healing from her past and finding the true love that she deserves. Ashlee was my favorite girl and I was really rooting for her. I don’t have any opinion about how she reacted to not getting a rose because who knows what was exchanged or said in the fantasy suite. She could have felt like she was slapped across the face and was pissed. If she was the next Bachelorette, I would totally watch.