Over the past year, Charlize Theron has made a shocking and ‘freeing’ transformation. Now she’s showing it off on the 2013 Oscar’s Red Carpet!
From long locks, to a shaved head, to a new spiky blonde do, Charlize Theron is making quite the statement with the gorgeous look she debuted at the Academy Awards red carpet on Sunday, Feb. 24. Move over Miley Cyrus, there’s a new blonde pixie cut in Hollywood!
Looking absolutely stunning in a white Dior couture gown, Charlize showed off her new hairstyle with subtle eye makeup and a nude lip. Ryan Seacrest asked her about the dramatic hair transformation that she made back in November for her role in Mad Max: Fury Road.
“It’s really, really freeing,” Charlize told Ryan on the red carpet Sunday night about shaving her head. “I recommend every woman do it. I had two garbage bags of hair products and brushes that I donated.”
Comparing this year’s look with her look from last year’s MTV Movie Awards, Charlize stuck with the neutral makeup tones, but of course, the hair went from long and flowy to short and sexy. The jewelry again stayed simple with diamond earrings. We think she actually beats out Miley’s pixie!
How To Get Charlize Theron’s Exact Hair
Celebrity hairstylist Enzo Angileri used Wella Professionals to make Charlize look so stunning:
“My inspiration came mainly from her short hair, which she cut three months ago for a movie. I wanted Charlize’s hair to look like she got out of jeans and a t-shirt and put on a gown because the style is so simple and chic,” Enzo says.
Here is the exact step-by-step:
1) After washing and conditioning, Enzo applied Wella Professionals Natural Volume Styling Mousse to wet hair to direct hair into place.
2) Then blow-dry hair with a diffuser until it’s 100% dry and in place.
3) Rake hair down with a brush following the part and shape of the head, leaving volume at the top of the head.
4) Enzo used Wella Professionals Shape Shift Molding Gum to mold the hair and create a texturized look and feel.
5) Finally, he finished with a light mist of Wella Professionals Shimmer Delight Shine Spray to give hair luminosity on the red carpet.
Tell us HollywoodLifers! What look on Charlize do you prefer?
WATCH: Oscars Live Stream Video
– Emily Longeretta
More Charlize Theron News:
- Charlize Theron Shaves Her Head
- Sandra Bullock & Louis Attend Charlize Theron’s Son’s First Birthday
- Charlize Theron Lands At Los Angeles With Adorable Son Jackson — Cute Pic