One Direction Fights Back After Jake Bugg Says ‘They’re Terrible’

Fri, February 22, 2013 12:58pm EDT by 54 Comments
Courtesy of Invision/AP Images, Twitter

Jacob Katoa

Posted at 5:47 PM on May 25, 2013

One direction are writing music so Jake bugg needs too stop same thing with some of you show respect not hate don’t judge keep your opinions too yourselves ok

Jacob Katoa

Posted at 5:43 PM on May 25, 2013

Well most of you and Jake bugg need too keep your opinions too yourselves ok these are real people not plastic so don’t judge think before you speak if you don’t have anything nice too say then don’t say anything at all show respect comes frist

Jacob Katoa

Posted at 5:31 PM on May 25, 2013

I’m so confused he siad he wants too make up then says one direction Makes him feel disheartened and I heard Harry flip when he found out jake bugg was dating his ex girlfriend I’m just confused I think there all tlantled but I’m on one direction side _jake

cowgirl clothing special

Posted at 8:10 AM on May 22, 2013

Wow, awesome weblog layout! How long have you ever been blogging for?
you made running a blog look easy. The total glance of your website is
great, let alone the content material!

tootsie

Posted at 3:54 PM on May 20, 2013

Seems like a very biased article. Writers were clearly favoring One Direction’s side. I don’t agree with Jake Bugg when he said One Direction’s music is terrible since music is all about preference. No one can agree on one genre being the best since it is all based on music preference. Love Jake Bugg though.

Norton 360 renewal

Posted at 9:30 AM on May 18, 2013

Good day! Would you mind if I share your blog with my twitter group?
There’s a lot of people that I think would really appreciate your content. Please let me know. Thanks

Horoscope

Posted at 2:33 AM on May 9, 2013

This paragraph presents clear idea in favor of the new users of blogging, that truly how to do blogging and site-building.

smileee

Posted at 2:28 PM on April 10, 2013

Well, I like both 1D and Jake Bugg. What he said was mean but at the same time, kinda true. Not the part about 1D being terrible, but the part about them being compared to rock stars. I mean, they’re a boy band and not a playing band….if that made sense….
But Jake Bugg should have been more…tactful about it.

I

Posted at 5:24 PM on April 3, 2013

I don’t mind one direction. But I love jake bugg. And u all keep going on about how one direction is worldwide who cares they where on X factor that how they where first found they won but jake bugg was heard and picked out of there choice so I think jake bugg has already won. And Justin bieber has NOTHING to do with jake bugg just because they both have the same initials x

smileee

Posted at 2:37 PM on April 10, 2013

I couldn’t agree more with you.
I definitely love 1D, but let’s face the facts. They won’t be around very long. I mean, their music is for now, and it won’t last. I swear I want to literally strangle all those who said Jake Bugg is a nobody. And I’m sure 3/4 of those people have not even heard the music he produces.

sunshine.

Posted at 5:58 AM on March 25, 2013

Jake actually makes really good music I am listening to his music all the time. I’m a fan of 1D too but to be honest his music is the one I prefer. But you can’t not love 1D.
Still this wasn’t very nice of him.

smileee

Posted at 2:32 PM on April 10, 2013

Yeah he should have been more..tactful about it instead of saying they’re terrible. But really, if you consider it , what he said is partly true. I mean , the part about them not being rocks stars.

1D4eva

Posted at 5:42 AM on March 17, 2013

Who the F**k is Jake Bugg? Aha, i mean people all around the world, know 1D (I don’t say all of ‘em love them, but they KNOW them) I had no idea, who the hell were Jake Bugg, before i read this, and searched after him on google…. x

Zayn malik's foreva

Posted at 3:01 AM on March 14, 2013

well this issues is so pointless 1D is way beta then jake bugg i mean ther’s no comparison so if hollywood life is busy comparing the sky and the ground its just becomng too small cz HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1D IS THE BAND NOT ANY ROAD STREET SINGERS LIKE JAKE BUGG

smileee

Posted at 2:38 PM on April 10, 2013

Don’t judge a book by it’s cover

Jacob Katoa

Posted at 5:33 PM on May 25, 2013

Agree

smileee

Posted at 11:40 AM on May 18, 2013

BUTTHURT!!!

DIRECTIONER-5EVE (no R because that would be the end of 5eve)

Posted at 10:42 AM on March 2, 2013

@SG3471: I FREAKING HATE YOU, if you think dissing 1D is cool, you’re wrong, you should die in a cold lonely hole with justin bieber and Jake Bugg or whatever
@Honey: If you love Jake Bugg so much, go choke on a FREAKING LEGO
@Rachel: JAKE BUGG IS A FREAKING NOBODY, WHO HAS TO INSULT 1D FOR NO REASON, THEY DID NOTHING TO HIM, IF YOU LOVE HIM SO MUCH, THEN YOU SHOULD GO DIE IN A HOLE WITH JAKE BUGG AND JUSTIN BIEBER
@anna: Never insult 1D ever ever ever again
@keyris: Jake Bugg is the big joke, GO CHOKE ON A FREAKING LEGO

FOR ALL THE 1D HATERS: NEVER HATE THEM, THEY MAKE GIRLS FEEL LESS INSECURE AND WHO THE H*LL IS JAKE FREAKING BUGG

smileee

Posted at 5:02 PM on May 20, 2013

BUTTHURT!

Lucy

Posted at 4:19 AM on July 16, 2013

Choke on lego? Hahaha god your cute. What are you, 9? Go back to club penguin, you dont know what your talking about.

1d faan

Posted at 1:55 PM on February 25, 2013

jake, dear, 1d is the biggest boyband…. i didnt even know a little idiot like you exsits in this small planet…. so yeah i mean people outside the UK dont know you…. and 1d is worldwide nuber1…. cant deal with it jake??? jelous??? (i apologise for bad spelling, im german)

keyris

Posted at 6:50 AM on February 25, 2013

1D is a big joke. Bugg shouldn’t have said that in press seriously. He’s definitely better than 1D.

lana

Posted at 3:18 PM on February 26, 2013

Oh Yes!!

Jacob Katoa

Posted at 5:36 PM on May 25, 2013

No there not has jake bugg won a vma teen choice awards or a people choice awards sold out two number one album’s and big deals for Pepsi and Oreos nope he hasn’t so that proves one direction are better plus jake doesn’t have Simon Cowell

Chery

Posted at 5:13 AM on February 25, 2013

haha who the hell is jake bugg ? ur talking about the biggest boyband sweety! nobody’s gonna stand by ur side ;)

anna

Posted at 10:18 AM on February 24, 2013

i am with the jake guy they are TERRIBLE

Zara

Posted at 11:14 PM on February 23, 2013

Not a one direction fan but love the fact they respond to this bugg’s comment cleverly and sarcastically.. Kudos to them for standing up. Good luck to the one d boys, hope they will get better as an artist with all the experiences.. :)

Kitkat

Posted at 8:54 PM on February 23, 2013

Who on earth is jake bugg?

Mike

Posted at 9:10 PM on February 23, 2013

lol

Kay

Posted at 7:31 AM on February 23, 2013

@Rachel
They didn’t have it easy..
No artist does.
So what they had an audition and what not, there were hundreds of other people just as good as them..
It was hard, buut they didn’t win..
Jake Bugg who ?
Look when half the world doesn’t know who you are, STFU..
And on the other hand, what you saying is that One Direction doesn’t deserve what they got ??
Cause in your opinion, they ‘have it easy’ ?
That’s BS man, a lot of artist don’t write their own material, some people just aren’t cut out to be songwriters..
So that doesn’t mean anything.

Rachel

Posted at 7:45 PM on February 22, 2013

I think your way of writing is disgusting. You instantly take One Direction’s side, why? Because their song a dancy and they take their shirts of in music videos? Because they have sold bajillion records or whatever? Jake Bugg is an upcoming artist with actual raw talent! I’m not a One Direction hater, but they did have it quite easy, sing a short audition and then have some mentor choose you songs to sing.
I think Jake Bugg has a point. They don’t write their own songs and their voices aren’t in any way special or unique, sure they can hold a tune, but alot of people can and they wouldn’t be anywhere without their looks. Jake Bugg on the other hand deserves everything he has. Just my opinion!

smileee

Posted at 2:43 PM on April 10, 2013

I love 1D but I have to agree with you. And besides, let’s face the facts, 1D may be worldwide, but they won’t stay like that for very long. Their music won’t last long. Whereas Jake Bugg may be a “road street singer” like some say , but he has raw talent. And you cannot diss someone with raw talent.

Lucy

Posted at 4:28 AM on July 16, 2013

I completely agree with you! This article is stupidly biased, they even put a link to a one direction song at the end :’) If it wasn’t for these silly young girls buying their CD because they think their cute. On direction would be nothing. I cant wait to see how famous their going to be when they get older and lose their looks.

honey

Posted at 5:49 PM on February 22, 2013

this article is very anti jake bugg. Honestly one direction are being quite petty with this, so what he doesn’t like them and what he said is hardly incorrect (they’re not the Beatles and they don’t right there own stuff). One direction should try start fights on twitter, its so petty and they think they look big and they know that their fans will get involved and start sending death threats and stuff so its just a bit stupid.

smileee

Posted at 2:46 PM on April 10, 2013

I think that most articles like these take the more good looking parts. I mean, they take 1D’s part obviously coz they’re big right now and they have good looks.
Jake Bugg has a point. 1D may be worldwide, but after a while, they’ll just dissapear. All because their music won’t last.

om1d_its_me

Posted at 4:27 PM on February 22, 2013

Jake needs to stop dissing other people to feel better about himself. They did nothing to you!

smileee

Posted at 2:49 PM on April 10, 2013

Who says he’s dissing them to feel good about himself?
Who says he’s not only voicing out his opinion?

SG3471

Posted at 2:45 PM on February 22, 2013

i agree with the guy,one direction suck

Jacob Katoa

Posted at 5:40 PM on May 25, 2013

Really? Then why do they have number one sold out tour two number one album’s hits deals with pepsi and Oreos there tour sold out in 2 mins and they won six teen choice awards two kids choice awards two people choice awards three vmas number one hit what makes you beautiful was the biggest hit all over the wrold plus they have simon zayn helps kid’s who are bullied and they went to Africa too help those in need thank before you speak

Lucy

Posted at 4:42 AM on July 16, 2013

They only have these number one albums and sold out tours because young girls are all over them, due to their apparent good looks. This isn’t just sad, its extremely shallow. Also why is it such an achievement that they have deals with Pepsi and Oreo? I know why though, their looks again. One direction are basically puppets on a string, they are made good looking and fun to attract young girls and make lots of money. They are told what to do. I bet they went to Africa for Children in need to improve their image. I admit this is a sweeping statement, but you know the truth hurts. I don’t completely hate One direction, I’m just sick of boy bands ruling over others in the music industry. It will never end though, thats the most annoying thing.

Mike

Posted at 1:07 PM on February 22, 2013

God, there’s so much more TV & movie stuff that Hollywood Life could post biesides articles on Bieber, boy bands and reality show stars, that people love to chat about.