Demi Lovato’s New Song: ‘Heart Attack’ — About Wilmer Valderrama?

Sat, February 16, 2013 4:02pm EDT by 16 Comments
Demi Lovato Heart Attack Song
Courtesy of Hollywood Records, AP/Invision, Instagram

Demi’s new single sounds like it’s going to be very revealing — we can’t wait! In a new interview, Demi talks all about ‘Heart Attack,’ saying it’s about ‘falling in love.’ It sounds like it may be about her on-again/off-again relationship with Wilmer! Watch the interview!

We may have a heart attack when we hear Demi Lovato’s new song. Get it? OK, please excuse my sorry excuse for humor. But in all honesty, Demi’s songs are always huge smash hits, so there’s no doubt that “Heart Attack” will have the same chart-topping success. We can only hope that Demi will reveal who the song is about — could it be Wilmer Valderrama, whom she’s rumored to be dating again

The song is about “falling in love and like taking that risk, but she’s terrified. And she, I mean me…” Demi tells MTV.

The X Factor judge continues, “I think everyone comes to a point where they feel very vulnerable when falling in love and that’s what I’m talking about.”

Demi Lovato’s New Single, ‘Heart Attack’

On Feb. 12, Demi, 20, tweeted, “My new single #HeartAttack available March 4,” and shared a link to a teaser clip of her new song.

In the YouTube video, Demi says she “opened up more” on her new album, and describes the songs as “the celebration of life and how rewarding it can be.”

The song will debut on Ryan Seacrest‘s morning radio show, On Air With Ryan Seacrest, on March 4.

Wilmer & Demi Back Together?

Wilmer, 33, visited his former flame on the set ofThe X Factor on Nov. 8, further igniting rumors that he and Demi have rekindled their relationship. And this is not the first time that Demi and Wilmer have been spotted together in recent months — they were reportedly seen together during a private event at Bagatelle LA on Sept. 12 in West Hollywood, among other occasions.

A source previously told HollywoodLife.com, “They are not officially dating but it’s only a matter of time. They really have always liked each other, still have tons of respect for each other, and are still in love.”

What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Is “Heart Attack” about Wilmer?

WATCH: Demi Lovato’s Teases New “Heart Attack” Album & Secret Crush!

— Chris Rogers

More Demi Lovato ‘Heart Attack’ News:

1. Demi Lovato Teases Her New Single ‘Heart Attack’ — Watch Here
  2. Demi Lovato’s ‘Heart Attack’ Single Cover — Get Her Sexy Rocker Look
  3. Demi Lovato: I Dated Joe Jonas For All The Wrong Reasons

baquelilos

Posted at 3:34 PM on May 2, 2013

legal

baquelilos

Posted at 3:34 PM on May 2, 2013

muito

Emma

Posted at 4:28 PM on March 10, 2013

all about is for Nick Jonas :)

Anna

Posted at 1:39 PM on March 20, 2013

Don’t think she was with Nick, but Joe the older brother

DemiLovatoFan134

Posted at 10:20 PM on March 7, 2013

Love Heart attack but I wonder Is it about Wilmer?

1D Forever!!!!!!

Posted at 9:34 AM on February 17, 2013

Omg she totally stole the title from One Direction!!!

MusicGirl

Posted at 4:36 PM on February 17, 2013

There are tons of songs out there that have the same title, it’s not like its the same song.

Jesmin

Posted at 7:54 AM on February 18, 2013

Nearly every song title nowadays has been used before. Just because Demi used the title “Heart Attack” doesn’t mean that she stole it from One Direction. Don’t accuse without proof. If you’re being unreasonable like that, I can also say that One Direction is not very original themselves. Let’s see.
1. Gotta Be You – Backstreet Boys, 1999. Gotta Be You – One Direction, 2011. 1D copied from Backstreet Boys.
2. More Than That – Backstreet Boys, 1999. More Than This – One Direction, 2011. 1D copied from Backstreet boys AGAIN.
3. Taken – One Direction, Nov 2011. Melody copied from Demi’s “Skyscraper”, June 2011. 1D copied from Demi.
4. What Makes You Different (Makes You Beautiful) – Backstreet Boys, 1999. What Makes You Beautiful – One Direction, 2011. Copied from Backstreet Boys AGAIN.
5. Love Will Keep You Up All Night – Backstreet Boys, 1999. Up All Night – One Direction, 2011. Copied again and again and again from Backstreet Boys.
6. I Want It That Way – Backstreet Boys, 1999. I Want – One Direction, 2011. Not again -__-
Need I say more? Do you still dare say that Demi stole from One Direction? The song is barely the same. Demi “I think I’m having a Heart Attack”, One Direction “You’re giving me a heart attack”. Guess One Direction isn’t very original are they? Smh.

Michelle

Posted at 10:46 AM on March 13, 2013

Please also add that the melody of One Thing by 1D sounds like the melody of I Want It That Way by the Backstreet Boys.

Michelle

Posted at 10:48 AM on March 13, 2013

And, the melody of One Thing by 1D sounds like the melody of I Want It That Way by the Backstreet Boys.

hayley

Posted at 12:23 AM on February 23, 2013

Okay I really don’t want to fight but I am a Lovatic and I think that it’s really stupid to fight over a song title, there must be any song out there that are the same song titles as One Direction songs.

Emily lovesonedirection

Posted at 9:57 AM on March 15, 2013

And trey songs? not just one direction, I love them too just look at my walls. She didn’t steal any songs.

Rebecca

Posted at 6:58 AM on April 9, 2013

Just leave

abe is doing it!!

Posted at 11:32 PM on February 16, 2013

‘Heart Attack’?
……she ever been to south LA, folks?

rajveer56

Posted at 11:25 PM on February 16, 2013

i really enjoy all demi song and when i hear this song .it’s rhythm and vocal amazing ..i hope this single is huge success of demi life and perform no.1 at billboard chart ……..<3 <3 <3

keila

Posted at 6:56 PM on February 16, 2013

i really think that demi’s new hit single is really about her and how the world is treating her but it also is probably about how good or bad life could be out there too you know.