‘Glee’ Recap: [SPOILER] Gets Pregnant After A Wedding Hookup

Thu, February 14, 2013 11:06pm EDT by 76 Comments
Glee Rachel Pregnant
Courtesy of Fox

My mind is blown. One of these girls is pregnant! Plus, Quinntana may be happening.

The Feb. 14 episode of Glee ended with a group performance of Ellie Goulding’s “Anything Could Happen,” which should have been the theme to the episode. Couples reunited, others split and someone got knocked up.

I thought the Feb. 7 kiss between Finn (Cory Monteith) and Emma was epic, but tonight’s reveal was simply astronomical — Rachel (Lea Michele) is pregnant.

Breathe and let’s rewind, so we can assess how all of this happened.

Old faces returned for Will (Matthew Morrison) and Emma’s (Jayma Mays) wedding day. With everyone back in Lima, things certainly got a bit crazy (that’s definitely an understatement).

In the aftermath of Finn and Emma’s kiss, Mrs. Pillsbury leaves Will at the altar. Emma gives no explanation, but she’s worried she’ll lose herself in marriage like she did once before with Dr. Carl (John Stamos).

Meanwhile, both of our favorite couples Finn and Rachel, and Kurt (Chris Colfer) and Blaine (Darren Criss) hook up again — the latter does it in a steamy car, minutes before the ceremony.

In one of Cory’s best scenes ever, he tells Rachel they’re meant to be. “The reason you can’t really commit to Brody is because you’re still in love with someone else. You and I both know how this thing ends I don’t know how or when and I don’t care where you’re living or what dope you’re shacked up with but you’re my girlfriend. We are endgame. I know that and you know that.”

They sing a duet, “We’ve Got Tonight,” and end up in bed together. Plus, Santana (Naya Rivera) hops in bed with Quinn (Dianna Agron)!

Rachel returns to New York to find that Brody (Dean Geyer) has decorated the apartment for Valentine’s Day. Rachel doesn’t know it yet, but Brody is a hooker. He met with a client while Rachel was having sex with Finn. Yet, they both lie to each other about it.

Rachel realizes she’s late and takes a pregnancy test — it’s positive. But who’s the father? Unless Finn’s sperm move at supersonic speed, it appears as though Brody is the father. So much for that “endgame,” right?

What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Who is the daddy?! Here’s who I think should be the daddy!

— Chris Rogers

Berrydazzler

Posted at 4:56 PM on February 19, 2013

its FAR too soon for her to know if it was Finn’s so my reckon is that its Brodys but she finds out about his lying and they spit so she tells Finn that hes the dad, basically linking with Quinn in season 1. Just a guess.

AbigailR

Posted at 9:08 PM on February 18, 2013

It will most likely be Brody, yeah he’s a lying manwhore but his life is going places that Finn’s isn’t. Finn failed at the army and can’t get over a relationship that was never meant to last past high school anyway. Who the father is has nothing to do with if you are Brochel or Finchel. Rachel could do just fine without either of them, even with a baby

Kristen

Posted at 5:09 PM on February 18, 2013

Finn is the dad cause they had sex in the show i do she will tell Brody hell leave her and she will tell finn he will come to New York to help with the baby

Bamboo

Posted at 5:48 PM on February 18, 2013

Thats true ;D

sylene torres

Posted at 1:31 PM on February 17, 2013

finn is the father of rachel’s baby when brody finds out they’ll break up and rachel will call finn amd tell him that she’s pregnant then finn will come to new york and take care of rachel and the baby

MS

Posted at 1:35 AM on February 18, 2013

Technically, Rachel and Brody aren’t “together” – yes, they live together and are intimate but they’re not committed to each other.

AbigailR

Posted at 9:09 PM on February 18, 2013

still it’s implied that they’ve had sex with each other

Jayden

Posted at 12:01 AM on February 17, 2013

OMG I am just like Rachel we are the kind of people who think they want a kid but know in there hearts that they probably can t do it Rachel will somehow not have the baby I. The end (if she is preggo) and Finn might be by her side in the end…. Just what I think hey! I could be wrong

BP

Posted at 9:26 PM on February 16, 2013

Has anyone ever seen cabaret? I’d bet they’re going with that storyline.
i.e: Gets pregnant, doesn’t know who the father is, one guy says he’ll marry her, pictures herself as a horrible and depressed mother, gets an abortion, sings in the end.

Gleek

Posted at 6:53 PM on February 16, 2013

I hate Brody he is a dousch bag, a hooker, and a cheater. He also lies. If it isn’t Finns I won’t watch glee anymore. (You better read this Ryan murphy). Finn may not be the cutest guy ever but he NEEDS to be the dad. I hate you Brody!!!!! Sorry. It has to be Finns. But then there will be no drama. But she may not even be pregnant, she could have a misscaraige or something like that. But she does end up crying in the prieview so I think she is pregnant. This reminds me of when Quinn got in a crash and they left us hanging for 3 WEEKS!!!! So I think there will be some drama I. The next few episodes.

MS

Posted at 1:38 AM on February 18, 2013

okay, first, be realistic – you’re still going to watch the show because, as you side, she could have a miscarriage (or even an abortion), if she is pregnant.

And second, she took ONE home pregnancy test. To be sure, most women take, like, 5 home pregnancy tests. If it was positive, it could easily be a false positive, so, until she goes to the doctor and gets a blood test, it’s not an “official” positive.

MS

Posted at 1:39 AM on February 18, 2013

And I meant said. My bad.

AbigailR

Posted at 9:11 PM on February 18, 2013

false positives are very rare, much less common than flse negatives

Daniela João

Posted at 6:49 PM on March 8, 2013

I so hope you are right. I do hate the idea of Rachel having a baby now.

l

Posted at 1:50 AM on February 16, 2013

They never said it was positive. They didn’t show the test. Her expression could be perceived either way.

Finchel shipper

Posted at 5:34 AM on February 16, 2013

Lets look at it like this: When Santana asked Rachel in upcoming epi whats wrong she broke down crying. Someone from fox comfirmed that someone WILL get pregnant and rachel was holding test. When Rachel saw what test showed she went pale and shocked. Rachel will make in next epi shockind confession.
So if you see it logical you can see couple things that leads to that, that she IS.

jordan

Posted at 9:47 PM on February 15, 2013

please please let it be brody i really think that he and rachel belong together fin is a creepy looking doush bag and his chest looks like someone filled it with jelly but brody’s chest man if he is super hot and the dream man than i don’t know what is

Bobby

Posted at 12:33 AM on February 16, 2013

U r dumb

Y

Posted at 5:51 PM on February 18, 2013

NOO BRODY IS A CHEATER HE DOSENT BELONG WITH HER FIN DOES SO SORRY HONEY

Shari

Posted at 8:02 PM on February 15, 2013

It has to be Brody because he even said he was worn out from the night just before she left back to Lima. She hadn’t been with Finn in a long time.

T_Harmony

Posted at 10:28 PM on February 21, 2013

OK lets get this story straight……Rachel had sex with Finn on Valentines Day and supposedly had sex with Brody a couple days before.Now when she was looking at her menstrual calendar she was already looking at MARCH!!!! So obviously it a month later….Now considering that Rachel has an open relationship with Brody and he is free to sleep with other women I think Ms Berry was smart enough to use protection with Brody, Now when she went back to Lima I don’t think she expected to sleep with Finn and I don’t think Finn expected to sleep with Rachel so i doubt the was a condom involved when they made love. Now with this said the baby is most likely Finn’s.

gleeker

Posted at 5:15 PM on February 15, 2013

wow, Am I lame, or what? I thought Brody was going out on a date, and just checked to see how much money he would need.

Nicole

Posted at 1:44 PM on February 15, 2013

It is Finn’s baby because if you see at the end of the episode Rachel is looking in her calendar under March so a month went by. It only makes sense that Finn is the father. It isn’t just a few days later.

Mariah

Posted at 3:33 PM on February 15, 2013

Also because in Ryan Murphy’s tweets he says two couples get back together and someone GETS pregnant. So it makes sense if its Finns

Mariah

Posted at 10:55 AM on February 15, 2013

I love Rachel and Finn and I hope it’s Finns baby. I don’t think it’s Brody’s. that’s probably why they threw in the hooker part, cause he’s gonna say its impossible to be his cause he uses protection or something, I mean he has to cause he can carry diseases from brig a hooker. Plus they both are in the school of their dreams why would they want to risk that by having u protected sex. Whereas Finn and Rachel’s hook up was in the spur of the moment. I don’t know we will see. Poor Rachel she probably feels nasty for that..

liz

Posted at 9:37 AM on February 15, 2013

My kindle changes brody. To bridge sorry about that

Andy Swift

Posted at 9:37 AM on February 15, 2013

You guys, Kurt is the father. Stop being crazy.

Kristen

Posted at 5:12 PM on February 18, 2013

????? Kurt’s gay

liz

Posted at 9:35 AM on February 15, 2013

Not that I don’t pay attention but Rachel has slept with Brody tho right? I think Bridge and Finn are both going to find out and Bridge is going to ditch and Finn will pick up the role. And stay by her and there is going to be a Dna test eventually..I see bridge as a shady character who bring Rachel down I hope in the end Finn and Rachel strong even if the baby is brodys

Y

Posted at 5:52 PM on February 18, 2013

The baby is not Brody is FINNS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

( Linda )

Posted at 9:07 AM on February 15, 2013

i hope is Finn the father….

bbbbbb

Posted at 5:28 AM on February 15, 2013

finn is the obvious choice to be the baby daddy(too predictable),think it might be brody’s

ren

Posted at 2:12 AM on February 15, 2013

Even if Rachel is pregnant shes not going to keep the baby, that would be exactly like her mother and thats silly her dreams will be ruined. I think theyre going to have her either have a false positive, misscariage or shes going to think about abortion. Theyve already done an oops pregnancy with Quinn so I think theyre going to look at the controversial part of teen pregnancy.

Hannah Ramsay

Posted at 1:49 AM on February 15, 2013

BRODY IS THE FATHER.
They’re both d-bags. It’d be easier if Quinn was the one that got her preggo ;)

Eva

Posted at 1:40 AM on February 15, 2013

I think the baby is finn’s, the ending is one month later, her calendar was turned to march.

cherie

Posted at 7:42 AM on February 15, 2013

omg I saw your comment and totally went a rewatched the ending and it is turned to march sooo that gives me some finchel hope lol. I totally think they will play it into brodys the father and then her find out hes a hooker and it will be some huge drama then it turn out to be fins. I hope so anyway love them together. least i hope so I mean they cant do another puck and quinn situation on poor fin.

sarah

Posted at 1:07 AM on February 15, 2013

i dont think the baby is brodys. i mean i dont think that she left back to new york the morning after her and fin hooked up. i think it was a couple of days. I mean they could make it brodys but that seems like the same thing that happened in the fist season with quin and puck. The writers of Glee dont like to do the same thing twice cause you got to keep it interesting. i love fin and rachel together<3

KC

Posted at 11:56 PM on February 14, 2013

It’s gonna be Brody. I wish it were Finn. But it’s Brody’s kid. This is going to make for a SUPER interesting season!!! I wonder how Rachel’s relationships with both Brody and Finn change?? I’m definitely looking forward to seeing this play out!

Mia

Posted at 11:50 PM on February 14, 2013

Quintana seems different might be worth a try but I like Brittana! I almost cried when I saw Rachel and the pregnant test thingy and I was freaked out. I loved te episode so many cliffhangers!! I really hope the father is Finn and ya. Great episode. I am buying it. :)

MsBod

Posted at 11:39 PM on February 14, 2013

Quintana sucks. Bring Brittana back. Why is that the freaking writers don’t listen to Glee fans? Santana hooking up with Quinn has brought me really close to abandon this show forever.

Quintana riot

Posted at 12:44 AM on February 15, 2013

Then please go. The writers have given brittana everything and shippers like are very ungrateful. Of course there are down moments for a couple. Geez. Please, be our guest. Dont watch glee anymore.

PLEASE BE FINN'S- BUT YET NOT FINN'S?

Posted at 4:26 AM on February 15, 2013

Totally agree. Please, if you don’t wanna watch it, don’t rant. Just get out. I, myself, don’t really ship them but I thought that was pretty interesting :) but srsly. This show has gone down because they’ve trying to please the fans too much. I would HATE for the baby to be Brody’s… but that would make the show SO MUCH more interesting. My mind says PLEASE BE FINN’S, but in my heart I know I’d be intrigued to see it be Brody’s.