‘The Originals’ Scoop: Claire Holt Joins The ‘Vampire Diaries’ Spin-Off

Wed, February 13, 2013 5:35pm EDT by 28 Comments
Claire Holt The Originals
Courtesy of The CW

Aoife Torris

Posted at 6:27 PM on April 24, 2013

dose this mean that they wont be on TVD at all any more!!?!?! NOO!??

Annoyed

Posted at 5:38 PM on April 21, 2013

Turn off the darn commercials! I can’t read anything with two different commercials playing at the exact same time in an endless loop!

Mariana

Posted at 1:29 PM on March 27, 2013

As long as they don’t leave my tv, I’ll be just fine with “The Originals”.

Brianna Robinson

Posted at 11:30 PM on March 11, 2013

They should leave the show the way it is, with the characters. I like this show. The Originals cannot leave. I would like to see Rebekah and Stefan together, he gives her the kind of respect she deserves. Well she doesn’t deserve anything. I cannot wait to see Elijah. It’s been so long and I miss seeing his face. I wonder what is going to happen with him and Elena. They are good together but I like her with Damon. I want to see Caroline and Klaus more. As long as they have this show I will continue to watch it but I will be disappointed if the start kicking people off the show. They are all the faces of the show and I do not like Hayley’s character in this show she was better in The Secret Circle. They need to bring that show back also. DO NOT KICK ANYONE OFF PLEASE. It will be so boring.

Arron

Posted at 11:41 AM on March 11, 2013

why can’t they be in both shows actors do it all the time and plus i want Rebekah and Matt to get together they have been hinting for awhile and love that Matt kinda like/hates Rebekah at the same time

Eugenia

Posted at 7:54 AM on February 28, 2013

i’m happy that the originals are leaving. it’s so boring with the usual love triangle.

Mariana

Posted at 1:31 PM on March 27, 2013

What usual love triangle? The only love triangle there is between Elena, Stefan and Damon. The originals were probably the only reason why half the people that watch the show watches the show.

Carlington carl zingano

Posted at 11:00 AM on February 19, 2013

Rebekah should stay or else the good part is over

Klaus

Posted at 12:42 PM on February 17, 2013

I’m very happy, The Originals without Rebekah cannot be

Paulena

Posted at 10:16 AM on February 15, 2013

This is great news!! I can’t wait for the spin off with rebekah. I have to say I was so anti her but I actually love her now!! She needs a different kind of man. Not one that is in love with someone else. Maybe this will make stefan and elena get back together and Damon be the bad ass he was. I am really starting to fall for his character. I know Damon loves elena but I think he realizes that it’s not meant to be. He’s forced himself upon her. But aside from that I think finally it will endgame Stelena and Damon with a new vampire.

Kaity

Posted at 2:04 AM on February 15, 2013

Klaus needs to stay on TVD! I hate spin-offs. They always ruin the original and take away from it. They usually don’t last long either. It’s just people trying to cash in on the success of the original, rather than ensuring the original show stays as amazing as it is.

brittany

Posted at 10:21 PM on February 14, 2013

I hope she stays with Stefan. He’s finally happy again since elena practically ripped his heart out. I haven’t seen him like that since the first time he dated her. He’s finally having fun. They are perfect together. And I’m sure they bond over a lot of stuff (ex: issues with their brothers)

Dara

Posted at 4:13 PM on February 14, 2013

heh heh. Backdoor pilot.

Rebekah Martin

Posted at 12:47 PM on February 14, 2013

I hope she stays because she is a good chracter.

THE VAMPIRE DIARIES BEST FAN ( Linda )

Posted at 6:26 AM on February 14, 2013

OMG.why rebekah is leaving,she and stefan were so great couple.im so sad about this plss rebekah dont gooo,and then what will be with stefan??

Valeria

Posted at 11:39 PM on February 13, 2013

I’m Soooooooooo Happy,Finally All The Originals are leaving,Specially Rebekah I HATE HER SO MUCH.

mvk

Posted at 11:25 PM on February 13, 2013

I agree with bbbbbb. TVD was getting boring, then the originals came in and really spiced everything up. If the cure even works then it means that Elena and Stefan are the only ones getting it because we now know Rebekah didn’t. It is going to be a sad day when the originals leave TVD. They really make the show fun and exciting. Damon is the only other character that is exciting on the show. Caroline has a big mouth and minds other peoples business when she shouldn’t. Stefan is boring without Rebeka and Elena is only interesting and exciting when she is around Damon. Kudos to the originals for getting their own show, but they will be really missed.

Jess

Posted at 2:05 AM on February 14, 2013

I agree I will miss the originals……

Ihatefags

Posted at 3:05 AM on October 7, 2013

So watch the Originals…

Guest

Posted at 9:58 PM on February 13, 2013

TVD will now be more boring.

Clare

Posted at 9:10 PM on February 13, 2013

So all the Klaroline shippers are jumping up and down threatening not to watch? It was never going to work unless Klaus turned into a pussy Vampire and Caroline a total hypocrite. I’m sure they will get fanservice sex before he leaves. Don’t worry.
I’m happy for Joseph, Claire and Daniel. TVD seems to have too many characters and stories going. This way they will be able to expand and give more time to this complex family. It sounds interesting. I hope it goes well for them.

Rachel

Posted at 7:55 PM on February 13, 2013

Now that Rebekah is officially joining the Originals, I am very anxious to find out why she decides to leave. It doesn’t seem too farfetched to assume that Stefan will be involved, though I would be very disappointed to see their relationship end. I am very nervous to watch the episodes leading up to the pilot to find out, but I’m also glad I don’t have to worry about missing anything with my DISH Hopper. Working late at DISH, I have really put the 2,000 hours of storage space to good use recording seasons. It helps that my DVR lets me record up to six shows at the same time, giving me time to catch up with everything I watch. It will definitely come in handy when the Originals airs, and I hope that whatever causes Rebekah to leave, she will find happiness in New Orleans.

bbbbbb

Posted at 7:20 PM on February 13, 2013

the storyline of TVD was getting boring until the originals arrived and made it more interesting

MikeyM

Posted at 6:22 PM on February 13, 2013

The Originals are weighing down TVD and now they get their own series.?
They are already played out.

Vikki

Posted at 6:01 PM on February 13, 2013

castes of freaks

Stella

Posted at 6:00 PM on February 13, 2013

I am glad! Leave Diaries! ‘The Originals this is a failure!

Joe

Posted at 12:27 PM on February 15, 2013

TVD has been played out and won’t survive past another season. Nobody is really interested in a show about the boring originals. This is the end for both shows. It’s all been played out. It should be called The Elena Diaries cause it all really revolves around her and there really is nothing left for Elena to do….what, get the cure and go back to being human Elena and resume with Stephan…played out, played out, played out.

reza

Posted at 2:09 PM on March 24, 2013

hi.I am reza.I love you claire god to realy love you evertime sow you this .call you back please.if you like god call you back.thanks lovely me . phone number me +98 09355580190 . i am waite….