Graphic winged eyeliner, hair chains, and tight cascading curls offered head-turning looks at the Mara Hoffman Fall 2013 runway show. This boho combination would be perfect for celebs like Mary Kate Olsen. Here’s how YOU can style your own version of this cool look!
Sleek center parts and tight twists looked effortlessly cool on the Mara Hoffman runway. We could almost see Mary Kate Olsen rocking the look with an oversized sweater and floor-length skirt. Try out a casual style inspired by this one with our tips right now!
Mara Hoffman Fall 2013 Runway: Winged Eyeliner — Get The Look
The Maybelline makeup team at the Mara Hoffman Fall 2013 show put all the attention on the models’ fierce eyes. Graphic winged eyeliner makes any look edgy and powerful. Using Maybelline New York Eye Studio Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner in Black, line your upper lash line, extending the line in a curve outwards until about the end of your brows. Maybelline skipped the mascara for this show as not to distract from the smokey feline look of the eyes.
Mara Hoffman Fall 2013 Runway: New Age Gypsy-Inspired Tendrils — Get The Look
The inspiration behind the hair looks for Mara Hoffman’s runway show was “new age gypsies.” While not a typical theme, the looks certainly came out looking boho chic. Gorgeous textured curls cascading down models’ backs were accented with several layers of hair chains secured on the backs of the ears. The chains were added to make the look “more luxurious and expensive,” according to the CATWALK by TIGI hair team, but it’s quite easy to tone down the look and rock it yourself right now!
Here’s the look breakdown directly from CATWALK by TIGI Global Creative Director Nick Irwin:
1. Prep hair with CATWALK by TIGI Session Series Styling Cream and create a defined center part.
2. Blow dry hair with a paddle brush to straighten and smooth before using a flat iron to remove all frizz.
3. Tuck hair behind the ears and begin to twist random 1-inch sections using CATWALK by TIGI Curlesque Strong Mousse (twist sections in alternating directions) and secure with clips.
4. Once all hair is twisted, set with a diffuser until mousse is completely dry.
5. Once set, remove clips and gently separate twists at the bottom, taking care not to create frizz.
6. Finish with CATWALK by TIGI Your Highness Shine Spray on the crown and CATWALK by TIGI Sleek Mystique Look-Lock Hairspray on the twists.
HollywoodLifers, do YOU love the textured hair and winged eyeliner from Mara Hoffman?
– Kristine Hope Kowalski
More Fall 2013 New York Fashion Week Beauty:
- Disco-Inspired Big Hair & Spiky Nails At Kate Spade 2013: Get The Look
- Rafael Cennamo 2013: Gold Nails, Smokey Dark Lids & Red Lips
- Sun Kissed, Glowing Skin At Herve Leger Fall 2013 — Get The Look