Beyonce: Baby Blue Ivy & I Were ‘Talking’ During Labor

Mon, February 11, 2013 10:34am EDT by 5 Comments

In her interview for the ‘Vogue’ March issue, Queen Bey revealed why being a mom has made her feel more like a woman — and the connection she felt to her baby girl when she was giving birth to her. Read on for more of the interview!

Even though she’s a Grammy-winning music superstar and a fierce businesswoman, it’s Beyonce‘s role as as a mom to baby Blue Ivy, 13 months, that has completely changed her life. The “Love on Top” singer opened up to the Vogue magazine March issue about why she feels more beautiful as a mom than ever before.

“After giving birth, I really understand the power of my body,” Beyonce revealed to the magazine. “I feel a lot more like a woman. More feminine, more sensual. And no shame.”

Beyonce Reveals: I Felt A Communication With Blue Ivy During Labor

Beyonce, who welcomed her first child in January 2012 with husband Jay-Z, gushed about her baby girl, and why giving birth to her was such an incredible experience.

“I felt very maternal around eight months,” she said in the magazine. “And I thought I couldn’t become any more until I saw the baby. . . . But it happened during my labor because I had a very strong connection with my child,” she added.

“I felt like when I was having contractions, I envisioned my child pushing through a very heavy door. And I imagined this tiny infant doing all the work, so I couldn’t think about my own pain. . . . We were talking. I know it sounds crazy, but I felt a communication,” she said

What an amazing experience! What do YOU think of Beyonce’s description of giving birth HollyMoms? Did you experience something similar? Let us know in the comments below!

– Christina Stiehl

More Beyonce & Blue Ivy News:

1. Beyonce’s Daughter Blue Ivy Learns ‘Single Ladies’ Dance
  2. Beyoncé Denies Surrogate Mother Rumors: I’m Not That Vain
  3. Jay Z & Beyonce Buy Blue Ivy $80,000 Barbie For First Birthday

justsaying

Posted at 7:16 AM on February 12, 2013

Why has no one mentioned the fact that ….that is obviously not the same baby she released very first pics of..check that out..just saying…

Momof2

Posted at 12:53 PM on February 12, 2013

I do agree this child looks totally different, but you can’t really go by that because both of my kids look completely different now then they did when they were born. Both of them looked caucasian(that isn’t unusual with african american babies). My oldest was a spitting image of my husband, but now he looks like me. My youngest actually didn’t look like either of us.
I actually don’t think she was ever pregnant either.j

brenda

Posted at 9:32 PM on February 11, 2013

I saw the stomach flip flop and cave in like a frisbee on Australian T.V. I don’t buy it. No woman’s belly does that. I don’t care what kind of material a dress is. A pregnant belly does not fold in like a frisbee ever. If anything, a pregnant belly moves with you and stays rounded as you sit. No, it was not the dress. After the stomach folded in flat like a frisbee, the look on her her face was a look of, “I’ve been caught.” I’ll never ever believe she carried a child. Furthermore, she reads the blogs. Someone commented a few weeks ago, that she always talked about her pregnancy in vague terms, which she did until now in this mag. Now tell me that she does not read the blogs.

carolyn arter

Posted at 1:49 PM on February 12, 2013

I agree totally. Sorry, Bey, but I still don’t believe you gave birth after seeing that stomach collapse in a semi tight dress.

carolyn arter

Posted at 1:51 PM on February 12, 2013

She reads these blogs. She would be a damn fool not to.