‘Vampire Diaries’ Recap: Damon & Elena Clash Over The Cure

Courtesy of The CW

Sinthia

Posted at 10:17 AM on February 8, 2013

i love Damon always … whatever Delena

salma

Posted at 10:09 AM on February 8, 2013

i love delena why do u have to break them up. they are awesome together i think they totally match. plzzzzzzzz let dMON TAKE THE CURE. i mean seriously after all that i think that the best characters are Damon and Klaus they are the most wild,adventurous characters.

THE VAMPIRE DIARIES BEST FAN ( Linda )

Posted at 6:25 AM on February 8, 2013

When i saw these last episodes I notice that Stefan and Rebkah are amaizing couple.I love them so much,because it was boring to see if Elena will accept Stefan or Damon bla bla bla,she is just like a little bitch and so so boring, and i hope so so much that they will find the cure and Stafan and Rebekah will be human again and will live happy :)

Clare

Posted at 4:28 AM on February 8, 2013

I don’t blame Damon, why would he have faith in Elena’s (?sired) words? He’s been shown that he’s not good enough his whole life. Coming second always, His Father, Katherine/Stefan, and Elena. It doesn’t matter how much he’s tried to change and help over the last year, he is still put down by most in Mystic Falls. The last words he heard from Human Elena was that she choses Stefan, so I really don’t think it was a WTF moment. He’s not an “idiot”. Its called being insecure and feeling worthless. Why set yourself up to be hurt, if you’re unsure it’s even real? I’d hold off too, she’ll only mess him around once cured and go running back to Stefan, because 3 seasons won’t be enough of that annoying and nauseating pair. And who’s going to protect the blood bag doppelganger Elena when they are all Human??

Keira

Posted at 5:36 AM on February 8, 2013

I get that he’s unsure of her feelings too, he should be and yet he chooses to stick with her despite all of that so he can’t really be too unsure. Also, if he doesn’t take the risk, she’ll leave him anyway so he has no reason to say no to the cure already! I honestly think that she will end up with Stefan and they’re only nauseating to you because you’ve seen 3 seasons of them. I thought Delena was going to be epic based on all the fans, but I’ve seen nothing yet that would even remotely suggest that they’re going to last…it’s just annoying and I’ve got to say is nowhere near matching the hype that used to surround them!

Gwen

Posted at 8:15 AM on February 11, 2013

I agree…what exactly has Elena done to really prove to Damon what she feels is real? She has had so many missed opportunities, for example at the Lake House, when Jer and Matt were blaming Damon for what happened at the Bar, or later when Matt confronted her about trusting Damon…both times she could have stood up for Damon but she didnt. Or when Stefan told her she could not see Damon when he was locked in the cellar. If the situation was reversed and it had been Stefan locked in the cellar, the Elena from season 1 – 3 would have told Damon to go to hell, she going to see Stefan. There are numerious other examples but they all begin to add up and chip away at Damon’s confidence in Elena’s love for him. When is she going to start fighting for their relationship?

Keira

Posted at 4:16 AM on February 8, 2013

Ok this website is so annoyingly biased towards Delena, it’s beyond a joke and unfair to Stelena fans. Get your crap together Hollywood Life!!
Damon wants Elena, he just wants her on his terms where as Elena just wants him on her terms, you’re right, match made in heaven!! Or NOT!!

Clare

Posted at 4:31 AM on February 8, 2013

lol Stefan is the one with terms.

Keira

Posted at 5:31 AM on February 8, 2013

Actually for once he’s demanding respect but in the long term, it’s obvious that him and Elena want the same things, lol it’s even obvious to Damon who is actually in love with her. I’m just saying…

sabrina

Posted at 2:52 AM on February 8, 2013

Andy I agree with alex..finally someone is seeing things the way I see them…points to delena is plain dumb…they get points for doing what exactly??!!!I do love stebekah…they have become my favorite couples..truthfully..am loving bex more and elena less…we all know damon will never take the cure..not even for elena..if elena can’t see that then she is practically blind or plain stupid…the claim that he can’t take the cure because he has to protect elena once she’s human..is crap..he has always loved being a vampire..no girl is gonna change that..I said it before and I will say it again..elena is a messed up teenager with a confused brain..simple..if am seeing clearly and watching the same show as everyone she’s just trying to turn damon into stefan..sorry to bust her bubble not gonna happen…and she claims she’s no longer in love with stefan..right and she looks jealous,pissed, and trying to turn one brother into the version of another..yeah right..try selling that crap of a story to someone..coz this audience ain’t buying it..

X

Posted at 2:51 AM on February 8, 2013

I had a MAJOR problem with Damon saying that to Elena. Not because I don’t think he’s right, a human and a vampire can’t work out, eventually the human would have to turn, or in this case the vampire would have to be human. What I had a problem with, was the last line “I used to miss being human but now I can’t think of anything more miserable” UMMMM what happened to Damon’s huge mental breakdown when he screams in tears “I MISS BEING HUMAN MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THE WORLD!” What the hell writers?!!!! Why do they insist on bungee jumping the characters feelings and motivations around. I can understand if Damon wants to stay a vampire because he feels the need to protect Elena, and I can definitely understand him wanting her to stay a vampire so they can live eternity together, but why for the love of all that is holy would you have him say something that STUPID?!! I am so sick of seeing Elena fighting with Damon and Stefan and then being hurt by it. I can’t stand this season. Its just a mess. Delena deserves better. We know that Damon would do anything, ANYTHING for her, so why not this? Its just bad writing.

Anna

Posted at 1:35 AM on February 8, 2013

I hope Rebekah dies!Bitch and a whore!

A

Posted at 1:32 AM on February 8, 2013

I think we all know how this story ends, the cure will only be a once off being Elena gets cured. Need we be reminded the show is called The Vampire Diaries, what would be the point if any vampire could just magically cure themselves, do we really think the writers would make it that easy for the characters? But it sucks for them just the same

kay

Posted at 1:21 AM on February 8, 2013

Who cares about Team Stelena anymore??? I hope Stefan ends up with someone who treats him better than Elena did! She deserves to be with Damon…or dead. Whichever, doesn’t really matter. I’m SO glad that she isn’t going to be in The Originals!

Anna

Posted at 12:52 AM on February 8, 2013

Great recap! I just have one thing to add: Stelena who? Long life to Stebekah. The writers are kinda redeeming her big time, will she be our Anya? I can’t stand Klaus as much as you, Andy but if Damon and Rebekah are redeemable, I still believe Klaus is. The guy just wants some booty and since he isn’t a man-whore like Damon, he’s pining for some monkey business with Care.

abe is doing it!!

Posted at 12:15 AM on February 8, 2013

the best thing are the women, folks!!

Kluaroline

Posted at 12:05 AM on February 8, 2013

Damn Freakin’ episode! Got me too excited, then got disappointed. I wish didn’t watch the replay online at http://bit.ly/XrVe9V Hope it will be better next episode. I always love TVD, forever!

mock

Posted at 11:47 PM on February 7, 2013

Why doesnt anyone understand that everyone was in character? I liked everyone in this ep except Klaus and Shady Shane!
Damon can’t take the cure cause he doesnt know whether Elena’s feelings for him are real or not..Also if they are so what really? He has made quite a lot of enemies over the years and if they do turn human then how are they supposed to protect each other? One of Damon’s concerns is Elena’s protection..and he honestly doesnt wanna be stripped of that! Love is NOT the magic solution..and I love that Damon understands this so well..he has been heavily scarred from one burnt love already.He knows how life works.It’s never unicorns and rainbows for him!

X

Posted at 2:46 AM on February 8, 2013

Absolutely! Damon isn’t the kind of person who thinks that a cure is going to magically make their lives easier. Were their lives easy when they were human???? Damon and Stefan were shot by their dad, Elena spent a couple of seasons in mortal danger on a daily basis. The problem with the plot line of a human falling in love with a vampire, is that at some point, and pretty early on I would imagine, you need to realize that a human and a vampire CAN’T work. You both have to be human or vampires. Damon knows it, we all know it, and its insane that Elena didn’t.

maren

Posted at 11:45 PM on February 7, 2013

Damon was kind of an ass on this episode…It got me thinking maybe she is better off with Stefan…

lisa

Posted at 11:21 PM on February 7, 2013

Of course Elena would promise to be with him if he takes the cure…how many promises did she make to Stefan of them being together forever…Elena will take the care and make Damon take the cure and then when her feelings change and the next guy comes along Damon will have nothing left…

Tracey Waller

Posted at 10:54 PM on February 7, 2013

I think tht klause and Caroline would be great together. He really loves her and she would change him for the good. Your wrong when you say he is Irredeemable I think he is just tired of having nobody to rely on. And deserves someone as good as her to change him for the good. And I think that if they do find the cure that Damon will decide to become human with her. But I don’t know if they r actually ever going to get it or not

dest

Posted at 10:51 PM on February 7, 2013

I totally agree that the writing in this episode did a complete “about face.” Damon’s character was desperately warped into someone else, not the Damon that I have fallen in love with over the past four seasons. We all know that he loves Elena; he always has and has shown himself to be selfless and sacrificing for her. For him to not embrace her now and to be totally happy and smitten with the proposal of growing old with Elena now is either poor writing of Damon’s character this episode or part of some genius twist to show how the professor has bewitched Damon in some way to get him out of the picture so he can’t stop his diabolical scheme. I just don’t recognize this Damon and I love the one we all know. Why do they keep tearing them apart…It is such a slap in the face to all of us Delena fans!!

X

Posted at 3:01 AM on February 8, 2013

Couldn’t agree more. The writing on this episode was terrible. Damon was not the Damon that I loved. I miss season 1 & 2, Damon was so much more vibrant! He was alive. It seems he is being beaten down, and honestly, the writers have spent the past 4 seasons ripping his heart out over and over and over again. But for him to just turn his back on Elena when she is giving him her love, i mean come on!!! It doesn’t make any sense for him to not want to take the cure with her, his entire motivations are based on being with the girl he loves. He wanted to be a vampire because of Katherine, it was the ONLY reason, and now he has the chance to be human with Elena and he says NO??!? Its not right. This is not the same character. Damon would never say that to Elena. BOOOOooooo!!

stephanieroo

Posted at 10:42 PM on February 9, 2013

Ummm…actually in character. Damon is ruled by love and threw himself into it. He wanted to be a vampire to be with Katherine forever and we know how that panned out. Remember, it’s only been about a year and a half since he found out she screwed him. Now, he is being asked to turn again for love…by a girl who looks like the first, has also been with his brother and is sired to him. Can you say fool me once…? Of course he is cautious. I would be worried that he wasn’t growing as a character if he was gung ho for this fairytale ending. I am a character growth shipper. :) The more complex the writers can make these characters the more enjoyable the show becomes. I have no illusions that the writers need to make me happy. They just need to keep my interest so I watch. Does it pain me? OH MY GOD YESSSSSSS!!! :) But it’s an anguish I LIVE for. My favorite episodes of shows or stories in books are not the ones usually where everyone was happy. They are the ones that moved me to tears and made me feel passionate.

Pia_Echelon

Posted at 10:45 PM on February 7, 2013

Reblogged this on I Love The Vampire Diaries.

sally

Posted at 10:28 PM on February 7, 2013

yes it was thank you. damons like a pretty shell. nice on the outside nothing on the inside.

megs

Posted at 10:26 PM on February 7, 2013

sally i think you mean outside lol

sally

Posted at 10:26 PM on February 7, 2013

i think that damon was being truthful about his feelings about being human. why would he want it, being a vampire is the only thing that makes him remarkable,being attractive doesn’t count for anything when it’s only on the inside.

alex

Posted at 10:21 PM on February 7, 2013

oh course damon and elena get more points again. andy i think you put that on the bottom of your recaps to continue your obsession with those two for your own kicks. how about just writing them down for yourself from now on.after years of elena walking all over stefan he’s well awesome. but over it,her or at least trying. it’s refreshing not like elena’s repeet love wails to (now) both brothers, she needs to get over herself.

Olivia

Posted at 10:14 PM on February 7, 2013

I love Klaroline, they were really cute together in this episode. even though he bit her, he had no intention of killing her b/c just like caroline said, he loves her (which btw made me jump for joy)

Monica Anders

Posted at 10:06 PM on February 7, 2013

Ok, help me out here. I understand Damon not wanting the cure for himself, and I even understand if he doesn’t want her to be cured DEEP DOWN.. because he wants to spend forever with her as a vampire. Got it, no problem.

But wasn’t it just 2 episodes ago that he was all out of breath telling her he would get her this cure, presumably because it’s what she wants (which DOES matter to him) and it would break the sire bond?

Oh, writers.. what are you doing? Is Shane doing some kind of weird mojo on these people? I get that Damon’s insecurities were triggered while talking to him, but such an about face? It just struck me as very odd based on what they’ve JUST written a couple of episodes ago.

Bad writing? Funky plotholes? Genius twists coming? I have no clue.

X

Posted at 3:04 AM on February 8, 2013

Its bad writing. This made no sense, like all the things that happen nowadays. They writers don’t know how to build something up without poking it full of holes and then bouncing it around. Its like they just wanted another reason to split up Damon and Elena, because that’s what they’ve done in every single episode since they slept together. Every single episode. Its just bad and this was stupid. The Damon we all love and know would never have said that. Bad writing.