Demi Lovato: I Dated Joe Jonas For All The Wrong Reasons

Wed, February 6, 2013 1:33pm EDT by 21 Comments

You have to hand it to the star, who once again is being incredibly honest and confessing that she dated in the past in a very unhealthy way.

Demi Lovato has come a long way since she checked into rehab for bulimia and self-harming back in 2011, and she admits that her relationships were the root of all evil. The 20-year-old says she had bad experiences in dating and admits to “self-sabotaging” during her previous relationships. She is not scared anymore and says “it’s very unhealthy when a girl devotes all their time to a guy and forget their friends and family.” The brunette beauty is in a much healthier state of mind and admits she’s ready to start dating again. She definitely sounds like she knows what she wants now!

“I have spent the last year focusing on myself and it’s been incredible. More has come out of the past year than in my entire career so far, and I truly believe it was because I was taking care of myself and not focusing on guys,” she says. We’re so glad she has her priorities in order! “I’m in a place where I can finally trust and love and be a better person for the man I am in a relationship with, instead of being a clingy girlfriend or getting jealous.” We are so proud of the star for being so honest — and the next guy she dates is a lucky man!

While she seems to be on top of her career she admits that throwing herself into work so soon after treatment definitely wasn’t the best idea. “I don’t think I was ready when I started on ‘The X Factor. In an ideal situation I would have maybe waited a year or more,” she tells Cosmo on Campus. Demi always made her voice heard on The X Factor USA. From her spunky opinions to debating with her boss man, Simon Cowell we loved watching the starlet! While she jumped at the chance to be a talent mentor alongside Simon, LA Reid and Britney Spears in the fall of 2012, she felt as if she jumped the gun.

It sounds like the star is in a great place — and she looks amazing too! What do you think of Demi’s shocking confession?

Watch: Demi Lovato Talks Defeating Bullies and X Factor!

Kristin Baasansukh

More Demi News:

1. Demi Lovato Quits Twitter After Meltdown
  2. Demi Lovato Has Twitter Meltdown — Upset With Somebody?
  3. Demi Lovato Staying In Sober Living Facility — Report

Naara

Posted at 9:16 PM on May 31, 2013

Ok I use to love Joe Jonas but than when I herd what he did to Demi Lovato …..I just got kinda mad like they r perfect for eachother ……I love Demi she is my importation …..when I was dulled her songs where there to make me feel better about myself ….if I ever wanted to be like someone I would always pick her….GOD BLESS U DEMI LOVATO 💖Thanks for everything💖

nicole

Posted at 9:47 AM on March 17, 2013

Ok I loved the jonas brother but what joe did to demi was horrible. He look a really nice guy and the made a cute couple and all the time he was using her. Demi is amazing love her music and she is beautiful she can do a lot better.

#truechizz

Posted at 8:14 AM on February 13, 2013

I used to love the Jonas brothers and I thought it was so dirty how joe did that to her!!!!!

gyhu

Posted at 1:10 AM on February 18, 2013

Me to i thought joe would have a lil more respect for women than that!

Demetria Lover

Posted at 7:23 PM on February 11, 2013

Ewwwww I hate joe I hate him he used demi bacause Disney and his dad told him to date her and poor semi didn’t even know and she thought he really loved her ugggg I want to kill him

steven

Posted at 6:32 PM on May 1, 2013

i agree that joe jonas didnt treated Demi well but no need to kill him he will meet the wrong person soon enough.Demi be more careful with boys ok? stay strong you are amazing

honest thought

Posted at 4:37 PM on February 8, 2013

First off although I honestly used to love the Jonas brothers and Joe was truly my favorite and I always wanted him and Demi to date I always saw something alittle off about Joe Jones but I can’t put my finger on it and all though they may have been a nice couple for all I know I think she could find a way better Guy not look wise but relationship wise perhaps niall

juliana123654

Posted at 2:06 PM on February 7, 2013

joe is cool! but, c’mon.. she’s is so beautiful for him!

swifty

Posted at 7:26 AM on February 7, 2013

you deserve someone better DEMI :) … joe doesn’t deserves you …

Jay

Posted at 9:44 PM on February 6, 2013

I volunteer to be that next guy!

lindsay

Posted at 9:11 PM on February 6, 2013

personally for me, i love jemi and i will always be a supporter. i wish they would or could be together. i see the look in their eyes. i dont know what goes on behind closed doors but what i do see i like. i understand its their life so i wish them love and happiness.

Jennifer

Posted at 3:23 AM on February 7, 2013

What look? They don’t have anything to do with each other! They’re not friends. They don’t talk. I’m not sure what you’re seeing, but I imagine you’re reading too much Jemi fanfic.

kelbel

Posted at 5:50 PM on December 29, 2013

Well we have seen how well Demi and Joe get along now. Joe wanted to help her but didn’t know how. It seems Joe always gets blamed. He broke up with Taylor. Well so did a lot of others. He broke up with Demi. They are good friends now so she obviously is not blaming him. People were blaming Joe for the Jonas Brother’s break up. Nick said he is the one who suggested it. Now Miley is mad because he said he smoked pot the first time with her and Demi. Joe may not be perfect but the fans and media ALWAYS jump his case whenever anything remotely related to him goes wrong. I think Joe needs to let the fans cool off before he makes anymore “confessions.” Demi is an impressive person who knows who her true friends are these days.

Kate

Posted at 8:45 PM on February 6, 2013

As the fact that the couple ‘Jemi’ had tattooed on my skin. But i can still be able to handle the fact that Demi is better with someone else rather than Joe.

Jennifer

Posted at 3:24 AM on February 7, 2013

Get help. And a good plastic surgeon.

SUSI

Posted at 7:45 PM on February 6, 2013

HEY NIALL is YOUR chance GOOO GOOOOO

Mizzrosario

Posted at 6:40 PM on February 6, 2013

Maybe she’ll start dating Niall Horan

bandgeek96

Posted at 4:14 PM on February 6, 2013

Reblogged this on livefreeandbeyourself and commented:
Wow… she’s a blonde now… interesting.

mariah Galvez

Posted at 1:59 PM on February 6, 2013

Damm! Girl u us so sexual and so fine! :)

Sara

Posted at 1:55 PM on February 6, 2013

She´s a very strong person!!! i looooove her!!!

mariah galvez

Posted at 2:01 PM on February 6, 2013

Year she us right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :)