The Grammys Banning Side-Boob Is An Overstep– CBS’ Wardrobe Advisory

Wed, February 6, 2013 9:30pm EDT by 20 Comments
2013 Grammys Wardrobe Advisory
Invision/AP Images, PacificCoastNews, SplashNews

james

Posted at 5:37 PM on February 10, 2013

I think that this rule is try to stop them from wearing what they want when they start this all the music show will start to suck

Lilas

Posted at 10:58 PM on February 9, 2013

The woman who write this article and calls showing sideboob an artistic expression is clearly stupib. Eww Americans will call anything sexist. Women can’t respect themselves. Beyoncé dresses like a postitute and the President of America says she is a good role model. What a shame.

Christina

Posted at 10:53 PM on February 9, 2013

I couldn’t agree more with CBS’s email.
Some of these celebs need to learn the difference between artistic expression and prostitution.

Kaza

Posted at 12:45 PM on February 7, 2013

If showing your tits and vagina is a form of artistic expression, then prostitutes are the greatest artists the world has ever known

kelsi

Posted at 10:11 AM on February 7, 2013

I couldn’t agree more with CBS’s email. They’re arent telling women to dress in a burlap sack….they’re simply asking women dont show their nipples, vaginas, or butt cracks… If you think that’s too much to ask for, you’re seriously disturbed. There are so many beautiful dresses out there that don’t show that.

Cher

Posted at 10:05 AM on February 7, 2013

You’re an idiot, Chloe.

beauti

Posted at 9:19 AM on February 7, 2013

Dear Dr. Deva, When I was with my ex-boyfriend, he treated me so poorly that we broke-up and I was the one who ended up in pain. I then asked for the Retrieve A Lover Spell for someone to love me as I would love them.Then 2 months later, I met someone after work who treated me like I meant the world to him. We’ve been together for five months now and still an apple in each others eye! Thank you so much i will advice anyone in help to contact Dr. Deva On his email:lakshmantemple@gmail.com

best women underwear

Posted at 4:28 AM on February 7, 2013

Thanks for this. I really like what you’ve posted here and wish you the best of luck with this blog!

Nobody Special

Posted at 12:33 AM on February 7, 2013

@ Chloe Melas: I do believe it is called ” Modesty.”
Some of these celebs need to learn it, perhaps ?? Flashing sideboob is very immodest and as a nation, we should not tolerate a woman flashing so much flesh in public, or televised, where very young people can see it. Do u not remember Janet Jackson’s “wardrobe malfunction” ?

elegant evening dress

Posted at 12:24 AM on February 7, 2013

I definitely enjoyed every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out the new stuff you post.

thediva

Posted at 12:15 AM on February 7, 2013

Ok people we have been so exposed to nudity that people see.it so normal because there are lustful men that like to see all of this going.on when jenn wore the green dress it was a shock nowadays if she would wear something like that it woukd be completely normal. Women are degrading themselves more and more everyday that u no longer have to buy a mens magazine to feast your eyes because now nothing is.left to the imagination. I believe they want to go back to principles itsan award show suit and tie not the club!!!

Karroyln Simmons

Posted at 11:41 PM on February 6, 2013

I THINK THAT JUST CRAZY AND WRONG CAUSE I LOVE SEE ALL OF THOSE DIFFERENT DISGENER OUTFIT IN ESPECIALLY THE ONE JLO WORE WHEN SHE WAS WITH SEAN PUFFY COMBS I LOVED AND I WISH I COULD’VE WORE IT AND PULL IT OFF MYSELF BETTER YET THAT WHAT I BE WATCHING THE GRAMMYS FOR AND THE MUSIC. SIGN:KARROYLN SIMMONS

Manda

Posted at 11:28 PM on February 6, 2013

I can understand that they want everyone covered up and to prevent any wardrobe malfunctions, this is a family network and they don’t want anything provocative. However, my issue is that it doesn’t state anything about men wearing their pants below their butts. If we’re covering side boobs can they also cover their underwear that no one needs to see?

abe is doing it!!

Posted at 11:28 PM on February 6, 2013

“Prudishness” is back with americans?
UNFORTUNATELY WE’RE USED TO IT!!

Isabelle

Posted at 11:01 PM on February 6, 2013

its not that bad… they just don’t want people showing up wearing bras and stuff…. its not dress like a nun, its just saying: be tasteful

Emme

Posted at 10:50 PM on February 6, 2013

Bannning outfits that show side-breats is just plain crazy! CBS’s latest move only makes them look old-school and out-of-touch with the mainstream.

Ana

Posted at 10:15 PM on February 6, 2013

This is completely sexist and degrading towards women. How someone dresses is none of their business, it’s freedom of symbolic speech. I didn’t see anything in there that prohibits men from anything. Aiming this to only women is like going back to before women’s suffrage. I don’t care if you call me a feminist, I’m only speaking the truth

Emme

Posted at 10:52 PM on February 6, 2013

I don’t think it degrades women in any way, but it does make CBS look like a bunch a of uptight, starit-laced prudes.

katie

Posted at 9:50 PM on February 6, 2013

I am glad that CBS ins imposing standards and practices for television. These shows are viewed by millions for the talent of the artists not to see private body parts exposed. If the artist does not have the wisdom, intelligence and maturity to know what is appropriate dress then yes their superiors will point it out to them. Performers need to know they are no different from anyone else, rules and dress codes apply to them as well as to the gerneral population. Dress provocativly on your own time. Nothing says like like an elegently dressed man or woman.

sonja

Posted at 9:41 PM on February 6, 2013

All these Celeb woman can dress sexier with out showing there boobs. I can show you how if you want.