Leah Messer-Calvert Is Having Babies & Marriages For The Wrong Reasons

Tue, February 5, 2013 11:28am EDT by 93 Comments
Leah Messer Marriage
SplashNews

kim

Posted at 1:19 AM on February 6, 2013

yes i don’t agree with having another child so soon, or already being on her second marriage. i do like leah but things have started to come to light. why would you get engaged to someone when you still aren’t over your ex HUSBAND. and yes, when she first got pregnant, it was told that is was from a slipped iud but to see on the show she had it removed is stupid. especially when you already have 2 kids and have just started dating someone. but even now, it’s gotten to the point it seems like she’s not worried about anything because her husband makes 200k a year. she doesn’t seem to mind throwing that out there a lot. although she is a lot better than jenelle, she hasn’t exactly made the show in a positive light either.

ja2

Posted at 11:32 PM on February 5, 2013

And the fact that people love to bring up her $$ situation as justification for her destructive actions speaks volumes. Money is nice when raising kids but is not the most important thing. Like I said..she will learn, but too late.

ja2

Posted at 11:28 PM on February 5, 2013

What really has irked me this season is the lies that she told for so long coming to light. She claimed to never cheat on Corey, then changed it to, “well, I did, but not while married so it’s okay. You can hear the doubt and worry her current husband has in her ability to stay faithful when he attacks others about MTV editing it to make her look bad. Erm, no. She did indeed cheat, and that was not the first time on Corey w/Robbie. The first time she admitted to was after their 16 & Pregnant reunion show. During this whole debacle, she called Robbie the liar, not innocent, sweet lil her, y’all. After her marriage ends she has friends (with her okay) give exclusives to online bloggers that she is soooo happy and in love w/Jeremy and Corey was the one who wanted her back. Um, films show a different story there dear, and from what I hear, so will the reunion for season 3. Her first pregnancy with Jeremy she claimed was a result of a slipped IUD, as was the subsequent miscarriage. Again, film and her own words say otherwise. This girl has serious issues and how anyone can support her or even believe anything that comes out of her mouth is crazy. A person like her will always look for happiness in things and want others to do it for her. She will, of course, discover this too late.

Ida Claire

Posted at 9:53 PM on February 5, 2013

You are so right on. Leah needs some serious therapy, and she needs to learn to leave that IUD in. I want to know what her doctor thought!

Elizabeth

Posted at 8:49 PM on February 5, 2013

Yes, As a mother myself I think Leah has lost her mind. I understand she wants a family but at 20 this is not the way to go about it, she hasn’t even began to live her own life by being a teen mom at 16. Leah really need’s to get her life together before its to late. There is never nothing wrong with wanting kids or a family but its a right way to go about doing things…..

Brittany

Posted at 7:34 PM on February 5, 2013

I just know I wouldn’t want to depend on a man for mine and my kids’ financial support the rest of my life. I would want to go to school and get a degree in case I had to do it all on my own one day.

disco

Posted at 7:06 PM on February 5, 2013

Some people have no desire to get a job and work forever.
Some people want to have families and be stay at home moms.

Everyone has to sleep in the bed they make. This story is repeated a ridiculous amount of times across the US every single day.

Samantha (@truantwave)

Posted at 6:55 PM on February 5, 2013

I’m stunned that so many people disagree with this article. She used to get high praise from me as a responsible mother, and now I can’t even watch the show because of her idiotic moves. Girls only like her because Leah plays the “I’m the victim!” game and that’s something that WAY too many young people do – Leah needed to suck up her problems and provide for her kids. That’s what parents do. No, instead she’s trying to draw her spotlight out as long as possible so she doesn’t have to really deal with all of this. There are people who go to (or, went to) school with her, and nobody has ever had any positive comments about her; not since she was with Corey. Also, wtf for her picking a guy that looks JUST LIKE her ex? Not creepy to anyone else? For the girl complaining that Corey bought a truck; if you listened to him, his sounded like a piece of crap. Would you want your baby girls being driven around in a truck that was probably on its last string? Leah very easily could’ve bathed her kids in a plastic tub from a store, the sink, a friend’s house, etc… She doesn’t want to problem solve as an adult. She never thinks things through. She’s a brat and it’s a shame nobody’s sat down to hand it to her.

Karen

Posted at 6:25 PM on February 5, 2013

Geez. Who ever wrote this must be one depressed person. Who r you to judge her? She could have 2,5,6,10 kids for all she wants. It’s none of your business. What she’s doing is not ok but it’s her life. You must have sucked a lil sum sumthn to get a writing position because ur stuck up.

Me

Posted at 7:00 PM on February 5, 2013

agree w/ya this sounded most like a lecture for Leah “destructive path” ?????

Sarah

Posted at 5:36 PM on February 5, 2013

This made me ILL. For one noone knows why she made the decisions she made anyway, and even if for the wrong reasons it’s her life. Seeing her posts and stuff now it goes to show how faithful she’s been to Jeremy and how much in love she is with him. She’s my favorite STILL and I’ll continue to support her. Don’t judge a book by it’s cover. Then again it is “Hollywood” they wouldn’t be making money if they didn’t make up all this nonsense to write. So disappointed!!

kris

Posted at 5:13 PM on February 5, 2013

I’ve never written on one of these entertainment sites before but I have to say that this article is incredibly judgemental and belittling.

Fransua

Posted at 3:13 PM on February 5, 2013

WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE?

Jennifer

Posted at 2:45 PM on February 5, 2013

Leah is a very insecure girl and in 10 years it will coke to light. She will be a miserable young lady. If sokething ever were to happen to Jeremy she us in big trouble. I’m 29 and net my husband when we were 21. At the time I was in school to be some an xray tech. My husband really wanted to marry and have a family but I insisted on finishing school. My husband is a Government contractor here in Virginia and recently got hurt and is now on disability for the rest of my life. And guess what? Disability/workers comp doesn’t pay a whole lot. We went from making a combined income of 275k a yr, does to making 80k a yr.

Leah married for money and is a very stupid young lady.

Jackie J

Posted at 3:07 PM on February 5, 2013

Being worried about my husband MAYBE having to be on disability SOME day.. would not stop me from having kids. Granted, its probably too early.. but everyone is different.

Sarah

Posted at 5:38 PM on February 5, 2013

Who are you to judge and based on your decisions. Everyone is different. How do you know for a fact she married him for money. Shame on you!!

Stacy

Posted at 2:35 PM on February 5, 2013

Hhhh

Marshmallow CHAOS

Posted at 1:44 PM on February 5, 2013

First of all, Corey bought a truck while Leah was forced to bathe her kids in that freaky basement. Also, I don’t know how you can write an article about a person whose entire story has been edited by MTV. I don’t understand how you can perpetuate such hatred. Other teen moms have made worse mistakes, and let’s remember nothing bad has come from Leah & Jeremy getting married and pregnant yet. They are still together and they seem happy. How would you expect her to feel after she had to divorce the father of her children. Of course she is still going to have lingering feelings for him. You can’t honestly tell people that, that makes her a bad person or a mother because of it I think your article is just one giant biased heap of judgemental horsesh-t, written to stir up hatred against a Teen Mom who frankly really hasn’t done anything wrong yet.

Rusty Shackleford

Posted at 1:02 PM on February 5, 2013

Dumb WHORE, I bet the next baby is black.

Nikki

Posted at 12:49 PM on February 5, 2013

Really? You call THIS a trainwreck?! No, the definition of trainwreck is Janelle, and I would even say Kailyn before Leah. If Leah and Jeremy are both okay with Leah being a stay-at-home mother/wife then that is their decision because they (unlike the author of this article and the rest of us) are the only ones who know if they can financially afford to do that. She shouldn’t be judged for her decision not to go to college. Sometimes it works out for mothers to stay at home and that is okay. I don’t have a college education either but I do have a job that pays me extremely well! So, regardless of what your teachers told you in high school, you can still get a decent paying job without a college education.

Ida Claire

Posted at 10:08 PM on February 5, 2013

Kail put herself through school (she has already graduated) and made the most stable life she could for her son, and Kail came from nothing. Her mother is an alcoholic mess, her father is absent and has been her whole life. Kail has connected with what relatives she could, and has built a family of friends for herself and Isaac. Even though she and Jo don’t always get along, they both clearly work really hard to provide a stable, loving environment for their son. Javi seems driven, realistic, and loving. He graduates from basic training for the Air Force this month (all info from their Twitters).

Leah is barely 20, has been married twice in as many years, cheated on her first husband multiple times (once being the day before her wedding) and continues to make poor choices. She had been dating Jeremy 5 months when she got pregnant for the first time by him, and it was totally preventable. She actually had to go to the doctor and ask to have her IUD removed (you don’t do that on your own) in order for him to get her pregnant. I totally agree with the author of this article that she is making self-destructive decisions. She has shown a complete and utter lack of forethought when it comes to her own life and the life of her children. Leah was born into the opposite of Kail’s situation; she has a large, supportive family network who help her in every way they can, including but not limited to extensive financial support (her first trailer was paid for by her stepfather, IIRC).

Yes, you can still get a decent paying job without a college education, but it is extremely difficult and Leah lacks vocational training. Chelsea does not have a college degree, but she went to beauty school, which dramatically increases her chances of being able to support herself and Aubrey. Chelsea does not always make the best choices, but she does set goals and work her but off to achieve them, no matter how long it takes or how much she has to overcome. Leah gave up on school pretty fast.

I’m not saying that it’s a bad thing to be a stay-at-home mom, but given Leah’s track record, if she starts feeling like Jeremy doesn’t love her enough (which we saw on Dr. Drew was her justification for cheating on Corey–a conclusion she came to when she didn’t feel he was initiating enough sex with her which introduces a whole host of new issues) she will go find that “love” elsewhere. Finding another guy to sleep with her seems to be pretty easy for Leah–she is cute–and will likely cause the demise of her current relationship.

Girl needs serious therapy. She doesn’t seem to know herself, and she clearly shows that she thinks she only has one thing to offer. It’s not healthy for her, and it won’t foster a healthy environment for her girls.

lucy

Posted at 12:45 PM on February 5, 2013

Ah thats why she trapped jeremy, child support till kid 18 & she thinks she won’t have to work. But 3 kids? Daycare outta question thats expensive she wiill have to be a stay at home mom. I think that was her intention. I wish she have a boy, then mb she stop having kods and its easier to ruin girls then boys

leanne

Posted at 12:41 PM on February 5, 2013

leah is so selfish she has 2 young children one with learning problems and she has had a new baby. she cant give the atention those girls need. she is so young for 3 children and 2 marraiges to

victoria

Posted at 12:27 PM on February 5, 2013

These girls do not show the life of a true teen mom.what happens when mtv is not buying them new cars,big pay checks.How will they support themselves then?I’m sure Leah will cheat on Jeremy too than she will be looking for husband number three.So sad.

Katie

Posted at 12:16 PM on February 5, 2013

It’s her life. Even if no one agrees with her decisions. It has nothing to do with any of us so people need to mind their own business. Yes,she is a “celebrity” and some girls look up to her. If a parent doesn’t want their teens watching this then they need to be the parent and not allow them to do so.

Casey

Posted at 12:26 PM on February 5, 2013

Celebrity? She is far from it lol.

abe

Posted at 12:14 PM on February 5, 2013

………………money again?
PFFFFFFFFFF!!

Casey

Posted at 11:54 AM on February 5, 2013

There is something so wrong with this girl. I understand that the first time was a mistake, but when you watch the show you see her with her nails done and all spray tanned, hair fixed. She is the spitting image of a hillbilly, who thinks that the money from this train wreck of a show is going to last forever. She will be working at the piggly wiggly when this is all over and not to mention how she is screwing up the lives of these poor little kids. 3 kids by 2 different dads! My god, if I was her mother I would be ashamed to even admit to knowing her.

Jackie J

Posted at 12:00 PM on February 5, 2013

When the MTV money ends, she will have Jeremy’s. Either way, money is never an issue with Leah. She also doesn’t complain about money like the other teen moms do. They are the ones that have their hair and nails done and are complaining about money.

Shannon

Posted at 11:50 AM on February 5, 2013

Come on hollywood life you need to get a life……. Leah is a great mother!!!

Jackie J

Posted at 11:42 AM on February 5, 2013

I’m not saying that Leah shouldn’t work, but Jeremy makes $4,000 a week. MORE than enough to support a family, including Leah’s twins. If I were her, a stay a home mom would sound like a great career!

Jennifer

Posted at 2:52 PM on February 5, 2013

If they are in their 20s and Jeremy is working a physically demanding jib…wait until Jeremy gets work and needs disability. Living on disability does not pay the bills.

Rachel

Posted at 7:57 PM on February 5, 2013

…How do you know how much he makes? Just wondering.

Ida Claire

Posted at 10:10 PM on February 5, 2013

Leah shared his salary on Twitter–apparently he’s making around $92,000/year, which is typical for the type of work he is doing.

Tootsie Roll19

Posted at 2:44 PM on February 8, 2013

Omg are you human talking about inn nt chikdren the way you are?