Super Bowl Power Outage — Read The New Explanation

Mon, February 4, 2013 9:02am EDT by 7 Comments
Super Bowl Power Outage
Getty

Paul Harris

Posted at 4:01 PM on February 4, 2013

This brought back surreal memories of when I was a tourist trapped in the Superdome during Katrina and the floods.

Paul Harris
Author, “Diary From the Dome, Reflections on Fear and Privilege During Katrina”

EricaC.

Posted at 2:49 PM on February 4, 2013

I totally agree with Jenny & Marcus. I thought to myself when the Sandyhook kids were singing that something would be said b/c none of the kids were black and there comes Jennifer Hudson. I thought to myself, “there’s the reason they can get away with that.” It’s sad it comes to that but it’s true. There is always something said if black people are not spotlighted lately.

gold dagger

Posted at 9:28 AM on February 4, 2013

@jenny b and @marcus

wtf that racist topic here. random blogspamming from jared’s beyonce post? ohh god.

marcus

Posted at 9:21 AM on February 4, 2013

Racists exactly. most commercials were with blacks, the half time blacks-just saying. there were so many issues . the night was a train wreck

gold dagger

Posted at 9:19 AM on February 4, 2013

big story? a power out. who cares. collect all the jokes from twitter and post them here. my fav:

“beyonce switched the light off when she left the building after her show was done and the game looked boring”

marcus

Posted at 9:18 AM on February 4, 2013

I personally did not like the half time show not most , almost all the commercials.

Jenny B

Posted at 9:14 AM on February 4, 2013

Forget the power outage…..When did the NFL become racist? I’m just saying…..if there were 3 white women singing instead of 3 black women like there was last night, the race card would be flying everywhere. For heaven’s sake there could never be 3 white men to do the lineup…..that would be insane. I’m just wondering how that could possible and Beyonce could tweet how it was an important night for black women. No white person could get away with saying that.