Beyonce’s Super Bowl Halftime Performance — The Best Ever

Sun, February 3, 2013 8:26pm EST by 146 Comments
Beyonce Super Bowl Halftime Performance

Cantspell from Maine

Posted at 8:35 AM on February 4, 2013

The show was great. She has a power house voice, I didnt hear much singing though. It was mostly a lot of noise that she was making. Not the best show ever!! We was hoping for a nipple slip!!! LOL

Viktoria

Posted at 3:04 PM on February 4, 2013

She can sing, but I never heard power house vocals.
Patti, Chaka, Aretha, Whitney, J.Hud, Fantasia, gospel singer Yolanda Adams, even Celine Dion are all POWER HOUSE vocalist.

Meh

Posted at 8:35 AM on February 4, 2013

The best ever? Oh come now. It was the same old thing we have seen her do 100 times before but it still wasn’t even close to the best half time show ever,

April

Posted at 7:43 AM on February 4, 2013

It was great….SHE was great…

johnwayne1

Posted at 8:16 AM on February 4, 2013

She was so boring that the power even fell asleep. She should keep fake singing with an auto tuned track. Sucked.

Jack Smalls

Posted at 7:22 AM on February 4, 2013

Were you watching the same half time that I was? I had to turn it to the puppy bowl after a minute becuase I was so annoyed. It was horrible!

t

Posted at 7:21 AM on February 4, 2013

worst halftime show ever..she should have lyp sycned and then maybe not so painfull..people who really want to watch football do not care about the no talent crazy person

fredo777

Posted at 7:37 AM on February 4, 2013

If you only care about “watching football”, then why did you even bother tuning in to the halftime show?

johnwayne1

Posted at 5:50 AM on February 4, 2013

Never saw “amazing performance” from her. Same ol’ crap with lots of distracting wiggles and peek a boo costumes, still she sucks…and not in a good way.

jack

Posted at 5:16 AM on February 4, 2013

Prince gave the greatest
Super Bowl performance. Beyonce’s performance did not come close.

socalgal

Posted at 4:04 AM on February 4, 2013

Same ol songs, same ol routines, same ol outfits. Bottom line, same ol sh*t. Give us something new or hang it up and go home.

fredo777

Posted at 7:38 AM on February 4, 2013

I wasn’t aware that halftime performers were meant to create an entire new discography of songs, style, + persona to perform for the event… That would be a neat trick.

johnwayne1

Posted at 8:25 AM on February 4, 2013

kimmie

Posted at 3:29 AM on February 4, 2013

Beyonce only sang a few lines and her voice is not that great. She’s better off dancing and stripping.

Perseus

Posted at 10:35 AM on February 4, 2013

I agree!

Perseus

Posted at 12:01 PM on February 4, 2013

I agree that 41 year old Beynasty sounded horrible with that Manly Voice…! Why do Beyhoochie always turn the mikes down on her back up Monkey Singers —> Kelly and Michelle, so that all you hear is her Scruffy, Alto-Dog Voice?! I don’t like Fakyonce! I see that I am not alone! I saw the same ole, same ole nasty coochie popping moves from the 90’s, the same songs with beefed up lighting effects… Same ole Horse Hair blowing from the Huge Stage fans… I agree with many others that this Insane-Attention Hungry Chick need to just go and do her Stripper Pole Act in the dark at a Gentleman’s Club and stop exposing her indecent gyrations to Family Friendly Audiences! Beynasty, stop biting off Madonna, and Tina Turner, or even Appolonia 6 (who was a one hit wonder! Appolonia that is!) – Cause you’re not even close! Madonna wore it better many times and Tina sound better! Jennifer Hudson looked and sounded AMAZING! Go Jennifer Hudson!

Dontbekhoi

Posted at 3:12 AM on February 4, 2013

I LOVE B but this performance was really really boring. The same styling (but flatter hair and flatter make up) and the same hair flicks. We all know shes usually amazing so what happened? :( I dont think this is even close to the best Superbowl performance ever. Madonna’s was sorry.

johnwayne1

Posted at 5:52 AM on February 4, 2013

“We all know she’s amazing”. No, what I know is last night’s performance was the reason why she used a prerecorded, auto tuned track to sing at the inauguration. She sucks.

fredo777

Posted at 8:57 AM on February 4, 2013

“@fredo777….socalgal didn’t say anything about “performers were meant to create an entire new discography of songs, style, + persona to perform for the event…” merely pointed out that the show SUCKED. Funny that you noticed that Beyonce had nothing new to add.”

Socalgal said that it was the “same songs” + “same routines”, which is basically complaining that somehow Beyonce didn’t magically create new songs or styles for the show (what the f*ck else is she supposed to perform other than the “same songs”…HER songs?). Some of your critiques are as petty as they are stupid. Also, you + John Wayne can both suck a hot one. You don’t possess a fraction of Bey’s talent.

Alicia

Posted at 1:39 AM on February 4, 2013

Her performance was perfect but thats saying nothing really because her performances always are. Alot of people hate on her and some just dont like her music and we all have a right to our opinions. As far as Madonna doing better her performance was on the same level as Bey’s her age and the fact she been doing it longer as well as she’s been gone for a minute made it seem that way in my opinion. Some of you guys need Jesus cause your comments are mean spirited and racist if you don’t like it at all dont waste your time watching it im pretty sure its something else to do so why complain and comment?!

johnwayne1

Posted at 8:31 AM on February 4, 2013

@Alicia…What in the heck does Jesus have to do with an opinion about a sucky performance? And you are right about having the right to one’s own opinion, but only when it matches yours or get Jesus. And for your information, Beyonce made it racist when she said, “…a proud day for African American women…”. Had a white female performer said, “…a proud day for white women…” then the room would flame over. She sucked and that is why she lipped with an auto turned track for Obama. At best she is a good back up dancer, where she can lip sync with a real singer.

Tori

Posted at 1:30 AM on February 4, 2013

honestly, i will ave to agree with most of the posters here- her performance was mediocre. it was a typical Beyonce performance. i mean, what was everyone expecting? amazingness? no- she does the same things again and again. honestly i didn’t even watch the whole thing because the second song was whack and i got bored. and for the poster who said the people who are saying this is white- i’m black and i thought her performance was pretty whack. it is what it is- it has nothing to do with race.

Fredo

Posted at 5:18 AM on February 4, 2013

No, it’s not always a race thing, because haters come in all colors/flavors. Bey’s performance was on-point. Period.

Rob237

Posted at 9:17 AM on February 4, 2013

Spot on-point terrible.

B

Posted at 12:48 AM on February 4, 2013

But That’s Just It She Has It All She Can Sing Dance AND She Looks HOT! She IS The Ultimate Performer

Michael

Posted at 12:38 AM on February 4, 2013

Beyonce is an OVER hyped Vegas act! Boring,,,been done a million times. All style NO substance. But to all of the sheep who love Beyonce they were probably loving every slick minute of it. Sad but to a lot of people out there if you can’t dance to it or the singer doesn’t look hot they don’t like it.

Chuck Wow

Posted at 2:37 AM on February 4, 2013

i agree poncing around on stage to music backing not really singing is ordinary. last year was better. but if you like the deep stars into the camera and dance moves then hey… but i would be pissed if i paid money for a show and alll they did was walk backwards and forwards with very little singing.

Jayp86

Posted at 8:13 AM on February 4, 2013

If people only like a skiny hot model who pumps out music you can dance to, then why was Adele so overwhelmingly popular? Adele hardly moves and everyone adores her (as they should). And, Adele can’t wait to do a colaboration with Beyonce! That is just an ill informed comment! Beyonce is famous because she is fabulous and extremely talented!!! Period!

johnwayne1

Posted at 8:33 AM on February 4, 2013

She left her “talent” at home.

E

Posted at 12:38 AM on February 4, 2013

I really didn’t think it was that great either. I just don’t think she is a great performer. I would have preferred to see Pink- that woman can perform!

LANA

Posted at 12:36 AM on February 4, 2013

I Hate To Sound Racist And This Is Going To Be An Awful Comment …But It Is Always White People (IT SEEMS) That Have Such A Problem With Beyonce…. She Is AMAZING… FACE IT!
You People Just Can’t Stand The Thought Of A BLACK WOMAN Being One Of The Most INCREDIBLE Performers Of ALL TIME…… It’s True You All Give Her Such A Hard Time And Scrutinize The Hell Out Of Her! If It Were Say Brittney Spears (Who By The Way Is NOT That Good Of A Singer) Or Someone Like That You Would Have Been Singing Their Praises
GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

Michael

Posted at 12:50 AM on February 4, 2013

I’m white and I don’t like Beyonce. I also don’t like country music. Beyonce is a Vega Act. There is nothing wrong with that. But some people (me) like artists who are real and not made up to be slick Barbie dolls! What does that have to do with the songs? Do you really need 20 extra dancers in order to sing your songs? At lot of people who don’t like Beyonce just get annoyed when Beyonce has her face plastered everywhere. And by the way I think Britney Spears sucks, and Madonna is a Vegas act too. And no you weren’t being any more racist than me staying that there are no black people who like Bob Dylan ( the GREATEST songwriter of all time). Now why is at? Probably because he doesn’t have songs that have a beat you can dancer to, he is not good looking, and he doesn’t sing in perfect key. BUT he is “real”and the most respected artists of all time, Beyonce is all flash. She will be forgotten. People like Bob Dylan are timeless.

Lana

Posted at 4:11 AM on February 4, 2013

It’s Kind Of Ironic That You Say That, I Was Just Listening To Bob Dylan… He’s Great As Is Beyonce, Different Artists … Still ….Great Music

DENISE

Posted at 10:55 AM on February 4, 2013

SOOO well said michael! I think you hit the nail on the head. She and so many other so-called artists like her our better left for Vegas. People want to rock out – not this sugar coated stupid dance junk. Plus she sang off key – hello? I’m jealous of Beyonce’s good looks – but that’s about it. She and others like her DO NOTHING FOR ME musically. There is nothing catchy or interesting about this type of music. WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE THIS so much? I think it’s because they weren’t listening to the amazing music that was out there in the 60’s and 70’s. Everything from Sly and the Family Stone, to Zeppelin, Dylan – not to mention the Beatles!!! Bad music is contributing to bad everything in society today. There, I said it!!!

Viktoria

Posted at 4:17 PM on February 4, 2013

I’m Black (my hubby’s name is Michael :D) and I love Bob Dylan. The truth is Beyonce is SO OVERRATED. Her performance was mediocre. It was not enjoyable, or will it be memorable. She should do Vegas because she is talented, but it’s the same thing on a different day. It get’s boring and predictable.

lulu

Posted at 3:33 AM on February 4, 2013

It has nothing to do with being white or black. Beyonce sucked, besides she is styled as white person. Most people don’t know what she is… LOL

Beyonce sucked.. Alicia Keys rocked, her performance was FLAWless and if my comment makes me racist then people really need help… oy

fredo777

Posted at 5:20 AM on February 4, 2013

Alicia was pretty good, but Bey was better.

johnwayne1

Posted at 8:39 AM on February 4, 2013

@LANA…My race is not important, your race is not important but your comment about whites singing the praises of a crappy white performer like Brittney Spears is as ignorant as it gets. Brittney Spears is white and she sucks. Beyonce is not white, but she still sucks.

me

Posted at 12:32 AM on February 4, 2013

Beyonce does not entertain me. She is in it to prove that she is hot, that is it. No artistry, only spectacle and trying to be sexy and in your face.
“I am the hottest thing ever.” Ego doesn’t do it and she is all ego. She is not inviting.

felly

Posted at 11:59 PM on February 3, 2013

OMG If you thought this sucked… Are you human? I thought the entrance was great and the preforming too! It was amazing! What’s wrong with you?

guest

Posted at 11:56 PM on February 3, 2013

I thought it was awful and I like Beyonce – way too much flashing and dancing going on – I would just like to hear her SING….

Candy

Posted at 11:20 PM on February 3, 2013

I’m a fan, but she sucked! Madonna was way better! I knew she couldn’t top Madonna, but I thought she would come close. Guess I was wrong!

fredo777

Posted at 5:22 AM on February 4, 2013

You sound crazy. I don’t know on what planet that stellar performance Bey gave qualifies as “sucking”, but you must be a phenomenal performer yourself if you think you can call that show “sucking”. Give me a break.

johnwayne1

Posted at 8:52 AM on February 4, 2013

fredo777

Posted at 9:02 AM on February 4, 2013

“@fredo777…Who said anything about being able to be a “phenomenal performer”. Duh, no one. But, it does not take a “phenomenal performer” to be able to see that that mess she did last night was NOT singing…more like a wiggle in need of a stripper pole.”

It takes someone with even a modicum of real talent to think that they can judge that great level of performance as “awful” or the “worst” by comparison. Point being, none of you possess that + you are out of your gourds if you honestly believe that she didn’t crush it. She did. Move on with your sad lives.

NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS YA STALKER

Posted at 11:02 PM on February 3, 2013

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WI YOU GUYS👿 BEYONCE DID AMAZING SHE PUT HER EVERYTHING IN THAT PERFORMANCE AND YOU GUYS JUST DONT HAVE ANY TASTE IN GREAT PERFORMANCES LIKE THIS!!!😤 How dare you

Mike loves Viki

Posted at 4:24 PM on February 4, 2013

If that was her “everything”, then she needs to apologize to everyone that attended, and to the million of viewers that watched. Kelly and Michelle were the SURPRISE guests, and their performances was also boring and predictable. It’s too bad when we don’t know when it’s time to hang it up and move on.

Hope

Posted at 10:31 PM on February 3, 2013

I dont know who wrote this title or this article but YOU-” AMAZE” me. Have you completely lost your sense? This was the worst half time show I have EVER seen and I really did not want to be so cruel about it, but it was. I told my husband right after the show that someone would try to say that it was great and he disagreed and said that no one would say THAT…here is my PROOF!!! :) Thanks, you have just proven how blatantly biased the media can be. Lying is wrong.

carlie

Posted at 11:51 PM on February 3, 2013

you’ve never seen a half time game show then, cause most of them are horrible. This show was not the best, but definitely better than most.

fredo777

Posted at 5:24 AM on February 4, 2013

The worst you’ve ever seen? Did you watch it with the sound off + your eyes blindfolded? That is absolute nonsense.

lynda

Posted at 10:18 PM on February 3, 2013

I have always wanted to like Beyonce. I really did and I thought perhaps this would change my opinion of her… it was positively awful. she can absolutely shake her booty and twirl her extensions! she has talent and she followed her dream. I completely respect her for that. but my god Beyonce… tonight’s performance was lacking and you literally dropped the ball. I never understood what the hoopla was about you and now I really don’t understand. pathetic… and yes I know in 1000 years I could never do what you do… but if I could I most certainly would have given a much better performance tonight at the Superbowl

fredo777

Posted at 5:25 AM on February 4, 2013

Yes, if you could, you would, but you can’t.

eli

Posted at 9:39 PM on February 3, 2013

The show was awful the entrance was uninspiring, She sang way less than she danced.The sound was terrible and im a fan of hers.It was like a really bad stripper review.The breaks in between songs made it feel uneven and unpolished. Like Madonna or not she raised the bar in production and showmanship at twice her age and this ended with a merciful thump.I wanted to like it ha ha.

Jaronn Sex (@jaronnsex)

Posted at 9:38 PM on February 3, 2013

Love her, but that was an average performance of her. Nothing impressive… Sorry but I still prefer Madonna’s Half Time Show!!!

Hope

Posted at 10:38 PM on February 3, 2013

me too

Blair

Posted at 8:40 AM on February 4, 2013

Her performance was good but nothing special. Last year Madonna rocked it. Unforgettable entrance and overall amazing performance. Beyonce’s performance. REDUCTIVE. Look it up !