‘Teen Mom 2′ Star Kailyn Lowry Diagnosed With Bipolar Disorder

Fri, February 1, 2013 11:26am EDT by 21 Comments
Kailyn Lowry Bipolar
SplashNews

After an explosive fight with her hubby Javi Marroquin, the ‘Teen Mom 2′ star revealed she had been diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Read on for her shocking confession.

The mothers on Teen Mom 2 have shed a light into their personal struggles of raising kids at such a young age, and now Kailyn Lowry and cast mate Jenelle Evans have something else in common.

Like Jenelle, Kailyn reveals that she suffers from bipolar disorder. She discovered the diagnosis during a therapy session after a massive fight between husband Javi Morrquin and his family.

Kailyn Lowry Reveals Her Mental Disorder

“My mom is bipolar, and it turns out I am too,” Kailyn tells Starcasm.net of the mental illness, which is also known as manic-depressive disorder and marked by severe mood swings.

Kailyn Lowry Diagnosed As Bipolar After Explosive Fight

“I just want to publicly apologize in advance to my fans and even though Javi and I have moved on from it, I want to say I’m sorry again to him and his family for letting my emotions get the best of me,” she tells the website. “I know how humiliating that is for them, and I’m humiliated myself,” she adds.

She didn’t elaborate on what the incident was, most likely because it was caught on film for season 4 of Teen Mom 2, and the moms are under contract and prevented from disclosing any shocking information that will end up on TV.

But it was the fight that urged her to seek counseling — during which she found out about the disorder and will soon be taking medication.

What do YOU think of Kailyn being diagnosed with bipolar disorder HollyMoms? Are you surprised?

– Christina Stiehl

More Kailyn Lowry news:

1. ‘Teen Mom 2′ Preview: Kailyn Confronts Her Estranged Mom
  2. ‘Teen Mom 2′ Star Kailyn Lowry & Javi Marroquin Married — Pic
  3. Kailyn Lowry: ‘Teen Mom’ Shows Off Enagement Ring On Twitter

rose

Posted at 2:49 AM on February 18, 2014

My mom has this.it doesnt involve being crazy or lying. In simple terms it involves alot of unnecceaary anger aimed at anyone around u for no reason. Thank god i dont have this!

skyrock.com

Posted at 10:39 AM on November 1, 2013

Hello! I’ve been reading your blog for some time now and
finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out
from Kingwood Tx! Just wanted to say keep up the great job!

Benito

Posted at 2:16 AM on June 29, 2013

Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you penning this post plus the
rest of the website is also really good.

Sorrow

Posted at 8:43 PM on March 26, 2013

I’m sorry but, I have a Son don’t have much money at all and still have tattoos, been to Reno, have a car thats not a beater..it’s called savings, and managing my money. I don’t have what I don’t need. People can do it. Bipolar I am who cares I get help and I have learned to manage it. None of this makes me a bad mom or a bad person, either is she. She is a good mom and had done so much of this on her own having no family at all. She is a strong young lady.

jake d

Posted at 2:41 PM on February 24, 2013

doesn’t surprise me, just now watching the old episodes. and the episode where she makes up the lies about joe hitting her.

Rusty Shackleford

Posted at 2:35 PM on February 22, 2013

Didn’t she get diagnosed with herpres too?

Arlene

Posted at 9:29 PM on February 5, 2013

I’m not surprised. Her demeanor on the show screams bi polar. I’m no one to diagnose but since she has gone public with it, all makes sense now. I hope she gets the help she seems like a great mom despite her mood swings.

JJ

Posted at 3:07 PM on February 5, 2013

I am skeptical of this…. I think Kaitlyn has an extremely huge chip on her shoulders over EVERYTHING in life. She has an attitude that she is constantly owed something. She needs to grow the hell up, period.

Jamie

Posted at 12:56 AM on February 5, 2013

I am as. I was put on meds when I was 12. After 2years of not feeling the highs and lows of life I decided to fight this battle on my own. Not at all does it make you a bad or crazy person. I’m glad she decided to seek help. We all need a little help with something. She is an over all good person. I don’t see her any different knowing she is bipolar. We are just people who feel emotions more stronger than others, and can lead to bad moments, but until we can figure out how to control these feeling in a better way, we just need some help of meds. Just know Kaitlin that your not the only one fighting this battle, and I have faith that you can make it through.

Goober

Posted at 2:52 PM on February 4, 2013

No she’s not. She’s the only sane one on this show. She got help, and it’s working. Jealous people. She’s a great mom. She’s had NOBODY in her life to guide her. Give her a chance. She “IS” a teen mom. Grow up people!

Bec

Posted at 12:31 PM on February 4, 2013

She is so FAKE. She has nothing wrong with her she is just a B$%ch who wants sympathy. Jo was smart when he got rid of her. She is a piss poor mom. She complains about being broke ALL the time but yet she has money for tattoos and trips to Vagas. I feel bad for her son he deserves so much better than what she has to offer.

Goober

Posted at 2:54 PM on February 4, 2013

You’re no better. Learn to SPELL! VEGAS! How can you judge when you can even speak?

JJ

Posted at 3:08 PM on February 5, 2013

They spelled on word wrong, grow up, loser.

JJ

Posted at 3:09 PM on February 5, 2013

*one*

michele415

Posted at 7:39 PM on February 13, 2013

You’re so right…because she is having financial difficulty, she should stay home, in the house and be miserable every day. Nothing to look forward to, etc. she has NO right to take a vacation and there is NO way she should have gotten a tattoo…

You certainly have the right to speak your mind, but why would you want to…you sound like a mean, nasty, cold person. Just judging away. Kail has had a really hard time through her pregnancy and birth of her son. Her mother is a beast and she has nobody to lean on (until Javi). She has an exemplary work ethic and every single decision she makes and thought she expresses is about (and for) Isaac. You should be so concerned for the welfare of another person.

Even when Joe’s family let her stay with them they were so restrictive and made it clear if she stayed there she must adhere to their “rules” or she could leave. She has NEVER had unconditional love from anyone. Everything came with strings and that’s no way to live. Especially since Joe wanted nothing to do with her but she was pretty much forbidden to see anyone else socially. I think it’s remarkable that she always tells the truth even when it’s difficult and you know the truth will make your life harder…many would just say nothing or rely on a little “white lie”.

I hope she’s happy, healthy and treated well. She loves that baby and it shows. Joe loves him too and that’s exactly what she wanted for him. Something she has never had.

Leigh

Posted at 6:56 PM on February 2, 2013

Bipolar?! Seriously?! She is the most monotone and emotionless person I’ve ever seen!
Don’t get me wrong, I like her. But she just does NOT seem like an emotional person at all, and bipolar comes with a lot of highs and lows.

Heavan

Posted at 1:55 AM on February 2, 2013

Bipolar does not determine your life. You do. Too many people use it as an excuse. It is one of the hardest mental illnesses to even diagnose.

A.J.

Posted at 11:36 AM on February 5, 2013

Sorry, but bipolar disorder is all too real. Our daughter was diagnosed at age 16, and that was when her explosive, manic behavior finally made sense. Not that it was any easier, but at least we had a direction to go-and took 6 weeks for the initial meds to kick in. Before, she was impossible to live with, unbelievable highs and lows, had rages after conversations that made no sense-just like Kailyn did on last nights episode after the letter from Vee. The manic phase feeds on itself, and that is why she is so unreasonable by seemingly small issues. You cannot go head to head by arguing with a person that is bipolar-that makes them dig in their heels, as their body chemistry rises and feeds on itself-it is a vicious cycle. You cannot cure this disorder, but it can be managed. We have lived this for 6 years now, and it will be a lifelong battle, but she is doing well now-we just know her triggers, (stress is a big one) and deal with it, and she has become very aware of internal changes (if she needs a medication adjustment) which is good. If you haven’t dealt with or lived with a bipolar person, you really have no business making comments like a person “uses the disorder as an excuse”. It is all too real.

Aga

Posted at 4:50 PM on February 1, 2013

widze ze tam w ameryce wiele osób to ma, chyba poprostu łatwo tym doktorkom postawic taka diagnoze a nie brnąć dalej… Leki łykną i już…

Goober

Posted at 2:55 PM on February 4, 2013

This is AMERICA! ENGLISH BI*CH!

michele415

Posted at 7:44 PM on February 13, 2013

Well, your screen name certainly fits “goober”. If you can’t baffle them with brilliance, befuddle them with bullsh*t! You are hateful…squared!