‘Vampire Diaries’ Scoop: Rebekah Gets ‘Somber’ News — Is Someone Dying?

Thu, January 31, 2013 10:26am EDT by 57 Comments
Vampire Diaries Spoiler Death
Courtesy of The CW

sabrina

Posted at 3:54 PM on February 4, 2013

Somber news on TVD is never a good thing..I don’t think it has anything to do with kol..because he’s dead..damon dying not likely..but if he does die..that would be very painful..everyone’s worried about elena’s state of mind..I think it has to do with what they will discover on their trip and also leaving damon behind..all I want is the sire bond to be broken..and let’s know she truly feels about damon before we all jump to conclusions…I don’t want stefan,damon,elena,jeremy,caroline,bonnie and matt..to die…they are off limits..every other person can die..fine by me

Geni

Posted at 1:25 PM on February 4, 2013

Everyone knows that Damon will die. It happened in the book, it will happen in the Series.

Sara

Posted at 1:13 PM on February 4, 2013

Well I think Damon won’t die. actually I’d be happy if Eleina does!! in my opinion The Vampire Diaries minus Eleina equals everybody lives happily ever after!!LOL

___

Posted at 12:49 PM on February 15, 2013

HAHAHAHAA THATS WHAT I ALWAYS SAY !

Dail

Posted at 6:31 PM on February 3, 2013

Well i havent watched this season but i have looked through the Internet. I think Damon will die and come back to life in season 5 and be human. I think elenas sire bond will end. And she will begin to relize that she has been all along in love with stefan, she will relize the sire bond infected feelings for people. She goes up to stefan maybe and says its been u all along i love u. Stefan may not believe her. So she doesn’t drink anymore blood. Stefan relizes that she is trying to kill herself. Stefan relizes that she was not lying and turns his feelings back on. At the end of the season they find the cure and i have no idea if they can use it once or twice? But if they can use it twice stefan and Elena will use it since stefan hates killing innocent humans and elena doesnt like killing them either. In season 5 Damon comes back to life and is confused. Elena doesn’t talk to him and tells Stefan what to tell him. Damon then wishes he didnt come back to life. He asks a vamp to turn him and he becomes a vamp again. He turns his feelings off and leaves town forever well not forever

stephanieroo

Posted at 10:23 PM on February 1, 2013

I predict Damon dies and is a ghost. The news is Rebekah is dead as well. I predict Bonnie kills Vaughn and has hallucinations. All will be on board to raise Silas…even Klaus to raise Kol and Rebekah. Elena will get help from Damon through Jeremy. Also…I think Silas will make the dead human again. Just my crazy thoughts.

Ekk

Posted at 10:06 PM on February 5, 2013

Oooh, this is good….best hypothesis yet.

Pam Kowaski (@CDNCarrottop)

Posted at 6:49 PM on February 1, 2013

None of you guys seem to think that Jermey could be the one that dies. They could be returning to mystic falls with his body you know, he is always a possibility as well.

stephanieroo

Posted at 10:35 PM on February 1, 2013

No fun though. :( I think we’ll need a ghost whispered.

Pam Kowaski (@CDNCarrottop)

Posted at 6:47 PM on February 1, 2013

Ian Somerhalder has a 6 year contract, he isn’t going to die. In the books he does die but is brought back as human, whether they do that or not is one thing but he won’t die for good.

___

Posted at 12:53 PM on February 15, 2013

This comment has made my day !!!!!

silvia36

Posted at 6:23 PM on February 1, 2013

1. I don`t think Damon will be come back as human. They (Julie &CO) want to kill all this madness : Stelena & Delena endeless battle (even with threats, very very very bad, ugly words to the actors and between fans) It is the easy way to do it !!!
Let` face it – the fans are going crazy.
I have 1 question for Stelena fans : if Damon is out of TVD it will be for you the perfect TV Serial ?!!! IT WILL BEE ONLY YOU AFTHER THAT !!! your hearts are so stone .?!!! ………..even in the face of a love that could be beautiful (could, because let`s face it, D & E did not have the chance to LIVE their love yet). I do not even know what more to say …….

2. Sorry but I miss that info : who is dr. fell?! do you know?

tania rahman

Posted at 5:20 PM on February 1, 2013

I’m more interested in Elena’s state of mind and why everyone is worrying about her rather than Rebekah’s sombre news (probably that Kol is dead). Also if Elena is human again, and Damon has to die because of it, we would have heard more about it (Spoilers). The writers just seem to insert Rebekah into storylines rather than giving her any proper ones of her own, which just seem to ruin them, and then dagger her for a few episodes until they find something for her to do. The writers seem intent on turning Elena into Katherine Mark Two.

Lukas

Posted at 4:45 PM on February 1, 2013

I really don’t think Damon will die coz let’s face it the fans will be angry even if he comes back as a ghost because he technically won’t actually be there! An if he dies I think the show will lose a lot of viewers tbh be wise Damon has such a big part on the show and at this point we really don’t know what could happen ANYONE could die we just don’t know who? The info that we’re receiving might possibly be wrong or bending the truth slightly to put us on edge and throw us off!? Who knows? But I can say the show wouldn’t be the same without him an I wouldnt wanna watch it if he was no longer alive :/

sharmella

Posted at 3:28 PM on February 1, 2013

I thought bonnie might die instead of damon. Because the cast was saying the death would be permenant. But then again elena’s state of mind being worried about made me think of damon. Damon’s death would send elena over the edge but why does it say rebecca and damon stay behind. I am so confused. And i am scared elena will run back to stefan :'(

stephanieroo

Posted at 10:28 PM on February 1, 2013

They stay behind with Vaughn because I think all three are dead. Just a few ghosts chatting. The episode is called “Stand By Me”. It hints at ghosts not being able to interact but being in the room. My opinion.

stephanieroo

Posted at 9:24 PM on February 3, 2013

Don’t forget that at the start of “A View To A Kill” Damon was isolated and alone and Stefan would not speak to him directly, but through Klaus.I saw that as a possible hint. Ghosts are issolated and Stefan won’t be able to speak to him directly.

gabita91

Posted at 2:18 PM on February 1, 2013

What is going on with “Elena’s state of mind” ? I don’t get that

stephanieroo

Posted at 9:33 PM on February 3, 2013

Her state of mind matters because the sire bond will be broken. We will find out she did love Damon. It will upset her and they will worry she will turn off her emotions. Like it or not, Damon told Elena she would be fine. He calmed her and he “had her in a good place” about being a vampire. Sire bond breaks…so might Elena.

Ekk

Posted at 10:19 PM on February 5, 2013

Ok, you’re killing me. You should go write for TVD :-)

DarkSalvatore

Posted at 12:44 PM on February 1, 2013

My prediction: Elena’s plan fails, Klaus comes back with a revenge and punishes Elena for killing Kol by killing Damon. Good thing Jer can still see the ghosts.

stephanieroo

Posted at 10:32 PM on February 1, 2013

Good thoughts but Klaus locked up. Summary says another hunter.

cat

Posted at 10:40 AM on February 1, 2013

OK here are my thoughts…it states that rebecca is sad ..and they are worried about elana..it also mentions damon telling rebecca…maybe…..stefan dies!!! and they give him the cure nd that is why he is going beck to mystic falls with elana and jeremy and that is why rebbeca is somber cause she wanted it…and maybe thats why they need to see dr fell?

silvia36

Posted at 6:20 PM on February 1, 2013

Let` face it – the fans are going crazy.

2. Sorry but I miss that info : who is dr. fell?! do you know?

silvia36

Posted at 7:56 AM on February 1, 2013

Mark my words :
– somber news = Damon & Stefan have allready give the cure to Elena
– shocking, bloody death = Damon`s death

Stacey

Posted at 10:35 AM on February 1, 2013

I don’t think it will be that they have given the cure to Elena because supposedly she is supposed to turn off her humanity after Damon gets killed and that is why they are worried about her state of mind. I have also heard that Bonnie will bring him back by the end of the episode.

Cathy O.

Posted at 3:11 PM on February 1, 2013

I agree, I think it’s Damon’s death too because why is she returning with Stefan and Jeremy and everyone is worried about her state of mind. I think Damon is going to die and come back as human.

andrea

Posted at 4:58 AM on February 1, 2013

it has been confirmed by a clip about kol but i am also concerned with elena s state of mind seeing as damon is the main object of her thoughts at the moment it makes you wonder what may happen to him

Crys

Posted at 10:30 PM on January 31, 2013

It’s obvious that Damon will tell her that her brother is stuck in the Gilbert house and they would have probably devised a plan to kill him (Try) and she will say that it’s for the best(since her reaction will surprise him) Although when push comes to shove she wont want her brother dead.

Lucy

Posted at 6:52 PM on January 31, 2013

I am really concerned about why Caroline is worried about Elena’s state of mind. There are only a few things that could rattle her that much, and with a death coming, I don’t know what to expect. I am so glad that with how crazy things are getting, I don’t ever risk missing an episode with my DISH Hopper. I work the late shift at DISH, so I try to stay caught up with my shows by setting my DVR to automatically record the seasons of everything. With the amount of shows and movies I am constantly watching, it helps that I have 2,000 hours of storage space. I like that regardless of how busy my schedule is, I never have to skip an episode of anything I watch. It has also really helped with how exciting things are getting, that I can fast forward through commercials on my recordings. It seems like things are starting to build towards something big, and I am worried about who will suffer in this race for the cure.

Jessica

Posted at 6:37 PM on January 31, 2013

The only ones that have been confirmed for the spin-off is Joseph, Daniel, and Phoebe. Nothing has been mentioned about Claire and Nate signing up for it.

I think the news is Kol is dead.

ks2id2tx

Posted at 10:23 PM on February 1, 2013

Claire was mentioned today(or it might have been yesterday)……she will be on BOTH TVD AND The Originals! =)

Jessica

Posted at 11:16 PM on February 3, 2013

Where did you read that?

Bridget

Posted at 9:41 PM on February 3, 2013

i am sorry but in episode a view to a kill rebekah has already gotten the new of kol’s death why would they tell her again if she already knows?

Jessica

Posted at 10:27 PM on February 3, 2013

I posted that comment before the episode aired.

salma

Posted at 3:27 PM on January 31, 2013

damon and rebakah is the worst couple i have ever seen i hate them together , but i <3 rebakah , and damon :D

sarthak mishra

Posted at 1:57 PM on January 31, 2013

when we’ll get to see elijah…. hezzzz the best :)

Jane Ola 9

Posted at 12:54 PM on January 31, 2013

what?

Andy Swift

Posted at 1:05 PM on January 31, 2013

What do you mean what?

Hathor Sakhmet

Posted at 11:35 AM on January 31, 2013

It has to be Kol because apparently Damon is no longer a prisoner of Stefan and the compulsion must be gone. Damon is no longer trying to kill Jeremy either, which means Kol has been daggered or killed.

Andy Swift

Posted at 1:05 PM on January 31, 2013

I feel like it can’t be that Kol was daggered. That’s less than “somber.” Killed is more likely.

Vikki

Posted at 11:17 AM on January 31, 2013

which will obviously fail, because it’s Elena’s plan.-this stupid phrase(

Andy Swift

Posted at 1:04 PM on January 31, 2013

Excuse me? Please provide some examples of Elena’s plans that have WORKED.

Polly

Posted at 11:15 AM on January 31, 2013

I hope Rebekah dies!

Andy Swift

Posted at 1:05 PM on January 31, 2013

Unfortunately for you, she’s in the spin-off, so she can’t die now.

jyz

Posted at 2:47 PM on January 31, 2013

Elena last plan killing kol, works,

Sara Corbin (@saralover11)

Posted at 5:30 PM on January 31, 2013

has it been confirmed that she is in the spinoff?