Beyonce Reveals Her Miscarriage Was ‘The Saddest Thing’ Of Her Life

Thu, January 31, 2013 11:52am EST by 8 Comments
Beyonce Miscarriage Documentary
SplashNews

The ‘Single Ladies’ singer opens up about the tragic miscarriage she suffered before getting pregnant with baby Blue Ivy, and reveals it was the most traumatic event of her life. Read on for the shocking details.

Beyonce is now the proud mother to baby Blue Ivy, almost 13 months, but she opens up in her new HBO documentary Life is But a Dream, which premieres on Feb. 16, that she had been pregnant before — and it ended in tragedy.

“About two years ago, I was pregnant for the first time,” Beyonce reveals in one scene of her documentary. “And I heard the heartbeat, which was the most beautiful music I ever heard in my life.”

Beyonce and Jay-Z, who wed in April 2008, were so excited to be parents.

“I picked out names,” Beyonce adds. “I envisioned what my child would look like . . . I was feeling very maternal.”

How Beyonce Found Out She Lost Her Baby

But when she went back for another checkup, she received horrible news.

“I flew back to New York to get my checkup — and no heartbeat,” she says in the documentary. “Literally the week before I went to the doctor, everything was fine, but there was no heartbeat.”

Beyonce: Writing New Music Was Therapy For My Miscarriage

“I went into the studio and wrote the saddest song I’ve ever written in my life,” she says in the movie. “And it was actually the first song I wrote for my album. And it was the best form of therapy for me, because it was the saddest thing I’ve ever been through.”

Beyonce doesn’t reveal which song was inspired by her miscarriage, but she went on to say that being pregnant with Blue Ivy was that much more exciting.

“Being pregnant was very much like falling in love,” she gushes. “You are so open. You are so overjoyed. There’s no words that can express having a baby growing inside of you, so of course you want to scream it out and tell everyone.”

How brave of Beyonce to be so open and revealing in her documentary!

What do YOU think of Beyonce opening up about her miscarriage HollyMoms? Will you watch her documentary?

– Christina Stiehl

More Beyonce news:

1. Beyoncé Shows Curves In Sexy Corset For Leaked ‘Vogue’ Shoot
  2. Beyoncé Goes Makeup Free For Super Bowl Rehearsals: See The Pic
  3. Beyoncé Shows Off Sexy Legs In New Super Bowl Promo Pic

Ernest Owens

Posted at 2:38 PM on February 20, 2013

Hey Kathy, im sensing utter hate and disdain for a woman you only wish to emulate.. you sound extremely depressed with yourself to rant about another woman’s pregnancy or miscarriage.. Wow!!!!!

liz

Posted at 11:01 PM on February 2, 2013

sounds to me that shes been in a fertility treatment. someone who’s been in a relationship for soo long and not taking care of herself when she never had a baby its odd to have a miscariage. i don’t think she’s lying about her miscarage but i do think that she got pregnant with fertility treatment and couldn’t get pregnant on her own but its still jay-z baby.

Kathy

Posted at 7:34 PM on January 31, 2013

I believe Beyonce had a miscarriage but I believe she’s using that as an excuse for why her album “4” flopped cause that’s how many copies sold. She’s using sympathy for sales because she realizes that she’s overrated and old. I still believe she faked A pregnancy and had a Mexican surrogate carry Blue. She’s a liar and a calculating manipulator.nothing about her pregnancy added up!!! Open your minds people. But anywho, there’s no shame in having a miscarriage or a surrogate (unless your Beyonce cause shes a narcissistic, 2% songwriter, who wants people to think she’s Perfect). That first pregnancy two years ago was probably her illuminati sacrifice to Satan for significance, fame and money. Since she’s had this child, she’s getting endorsements and dropping an album?!! Oh pleeeeease!!! Get a grip America!!

Lola

Posted at 3:54 PM on February 2, 2013

You’re psycho.

SavannahRed

Posted at 1:44 AM on February 4, 2013

Agreed Lola!!!

Phierce

Posted at 12:49 AM on February 20, 2013

What’s the requirements for crazy checks these days because kathy you’ve gotten my vote. You seriously just put way too much effort into analytically describing this woman and then you jump to crazy town with the whole illuminati suggestion. Wow, seems like you’re the jaded, narcissis. You should really see a therapist. I heard xanax works wonders for your type.

Ellen

Posted at 5:44 PM on August 17, 2013

I also agree with Kathy,…research it people then comment on and name call.

Lilxmea

Posted at 11:17 PM on October 18, 2013

I agree with Kathy as well, maybe not as dramatic! but partially yea.