‘Teen Mom 2′ To Be Cancelled Because Of Jenelle Evans?

Tue, January 29, 2013 9:50am EDT by 61 Comments
Teen Mom 2 Cancelled
Courtesy of MTV, Police Handout

MTV could be pulling the plug on the controversial documentary series, due in large part to Jenelle Evans’ legal troubles and erratic behavior. Do YOU think production on ‘Teen Mom 2′ should be cancelled?

MTV’s documentary-style series Teen Mom 2, a spin-off of 16 & Pregnant, has come under fire after one of the show’s stars, Jenelle Evans, has been on a public downward spiral of attention-seeking behavior, including getting married, suffering a miscarriage and filing charges against her husband all in the matter of weeks.

Even though the series was set to air another season — which is currently filming —  MTV could be shutting down production, sources tell the New York Post.

Jenelle Evans Becoming A Liability For MTV

The decision to stop production is due in large part to Jenelle Evans‘ extremely public and erratic behavior, including marrying Courtland Rogers in a shotgun courthouse wedding, getting pregnant again, suffering from a miscarriage and asking for a divorce — all in the matter of less than two months.

Sources close to the show’s production tell the New York Post that the network is worried Jenelle could become a liability due to her personal troubles. Jenelle entered rehab in 2012 for the second time,

The show tries to be a cautionary tale of the hardships of raising kids at such a young age, but has turned into exploiting the lives of the series’ young stars.

MTV is still under fire for Amber Portwood, who was in the original Teen Mom cast — Amber is currently serving a 5-year jail sentence for drug possession and violating her probation.

What do YOU think of ‘Teen Mom 2′ being cancelled HollyMoms? Do you think MTV should pull the plug?

– Christina Stiehl

More Teen Mom 2 news:

1. ‘Teen Mom 2′ Recap: Leah Messer Finds Out She’s Pregnant Again
  2. Jenelle Evans Bans Husband From Hospital, Goes On Date With Ex
  3. ‘Teen Mom 2′ Recap: Jenelle’s Troubled Ex Kieffer Is Back

savanna nicole weakley

Posted at 8:23 AM on March 14, 2013

i think that they should not end teen mom 2 because that is my favorite show and the excimenet that i get out of it i love all the members and i know how to raise my child when i have one in 3 years when im 18

sam

Posted at 10:50 PM on March 8, 2013

First off I love teen mom and teen mom 2 and if they cancell it all because of jenelle that would be dumb if they are that worried about jenelle then don’t have her in teen mom 2 simple as that

Marisalok

Posted at 3:02 AM on February 28, 2013

Get the efff jenelle off the show shes ruining for all the other people! Shes so much drama and violent! Let me MARRY your army HOT EX bf😍😍😍😍 and get off the show! I have so much love for the other girls tho keep your heads up you guys are all great moms!

Marisa

Posted at 2:50 AM on February 28, 2013

I love watching this show its my favorite! Jenelles sooo dumb tho i think if she goes back with keffier! Shoot ill marry her other bf if she dumb him for something sooo stupid! Problem solved take jenelle off the show :D lol

robin akers (@walrob1085)

Posted at 11:22 PM on February 25, 2013

I feel like it is not doing what it started out to do which I thought was to prevent teen pregnancy and for these girls to tell young girls dont do this its hard its not worth it yet they are getting knocked up again and pregnancy scares…like they havent learned anything….I loved watching this but am dissapointed on how its going.

Amy Moore

Posted at 1:22 PM on March 11, 2013

Hey I like watching your show a lot keep putting more on

Carrie

Posted at 4:30 PM on February 18, 2013

Just cancel Jenelle…..problem solved!

deon

Posted at 3:31 PM on February 17, 2013

I think they should keep this show off of logo. Its annoying.

Guest

Posted at 1:08 AM on February 21, 2013

Why punish all of them just because one is out of control? Just kick her!

Alyssa Rachelle

Posted at 12:56 AM on February 15, 2013

lol ew they all should stop dying their hair. they are slowly selling them selves out. leah looked way prettier with her hair natural and not all that makeup. Chelsea looks like an old lady her hair is way to light it looks grey..

Jess

Posted at 7:26 PM on February 13, 2013

They dont need to cancel the show.. just get rid of the idiots who are on here to prevent pregnancy yet get pregnant AGAIN?? Grow up. Without all the MTV money to afford another child, they’d be nothing. The two specific ones Im referring to are far from role models or good influences. MTV chose you to be on this show to prevent future teen pregnancies… instead they advertise and show the money they make by new cars, houses, boobs and surgeries…. Not to mention, we get to watch them get Married, divorced, cheat and pregnant again??? They don’t deserve to be on this show making all the money they are making when they are being hypocrites by supposedly showing teens its a hard life being a teen mom… but it must not be TOO hard if you can afford/handle another child.

Maria

Posted at 11:28 AM on February 5, 2013

I think they should just cancel Jenelle’s contract and the “Brat” I forgot her name but she the one with the ex name Adam. These two make me sick they don’t learn from their mistakes and they keep doint the same thing over and over. The Brat always crying over Adam and her Father just letting her have her way she’s not 16 anymore it’s time to grow up. Jenelle just is a lost case she got mental problems and her mother should even deal with her. I know I wouldn’t and I’m a mother of two.

Robin

Posted at 10:26 AM on February 5, 2013

I think that Teen mom 2 should not be canceled. I love seeing how each mom is changing and growing. Jenelle is a big problem. How every I may not like her or her mother but in the end when Jenelle stays clean of drugs she seems to be a better person. All of you that think she should be off the show because her mother raises her child well remember that catelynn stayed on teen mom after giving her daughter up for adoption. Just pointing something out. I feel so sorry for Chealse and everything she has to deal with all though it does seem like her dad holds her hand through life and makes alot of her desisions for her. Kail has had it very hard though and thats the one that is showing how life as a teen mom is. She has to do it all on her own. However I feel horrible that she has no family to be around. Leah well she is a wonderful mom and I love her to death but I think that she feels she has to be in a relationship to be happy. I wish her all the luck in the world though.

janelle is a skank

Posted at 10:06 AM on February 5, 2013

Yes…cancel teen mom 2…….These girls are nothing white trailer trash……Janelle Evans should however be kicked off the show…..Her mother is raising her child….give grannie Evan’s her own show called……Grannie Mother’s Part 1….a reality show of grandmothers who are forced to raise grandchildren cause their daughters or son’s are degenerates

Mik3ii

Posted at 9:01 AM on February 5, 2013

I feel dont cancel TEEN MOM because of one sour apple… either bring another teen mother from the outside or from the first teen mom….

Cindy

Posted at 8:23 PM on February 4, 2013

To cancel TeenMom2 would be wrong and unfair to the other mothers on the show, what should’ve been done is cancelled the contracts from Amber and Jenelle, they’re not trying to change and they’re the ones giving both shows a bad name plus giving mtv a bad rep, but what everyone is forgetting is that they’re punishing the moms that are changing and doing good.

amy

Posted at 5:05 PM on February 4, 2013

I could not stand Janelle!!!!!!!

Lynn Hubbard

Posted at 2:13 PM on February 4, 2013

They should NOT cancel because of Jenelle, I dont watch it for her anyway. They didnt cancel Teen Mom because of Amber, and she is just as disgusting to me.

Jeanette Appice Zeitz

Posted at 1:25 PM on February 4, 2013

I came on here to say how I could not stand Janelle and I see that it is worse than I thought. She should be ashamed of her stupid, self centered self. Sick young lady there!

Alice Gilmore

Posted at 8:29 AM on February 3, 2013

I always thought this was a version of Maury backstage gone on too long. It’s time for it to be buried, and never rise again. We all know this stuff happens, but use the timeslot for what “Music” Television was supposed to be about in the first place…Remember music videos?

Tiffany

Posted at 11:46 AM on February 2, 2013

Take Jenelle off the show. She isn’t even raising her son.

BLONDIEYTUBER

Posted at 7:15 PM on February 1, 2013

they are mostlly blonde!

Shannon

Posted at 2:55 PM on February 1, 2013

Get ride of Jennelle Evens. The other should not be punished because of her issues. I feel s bad for her mother and her son, inwhich it would appear that she is not even raising him,
her mother is.

vannessa

Posted at 2:00 PM on February 1, 2013

take her off if she wants to be stupid wit the decisions she makes but dont canclee the shows

Heather

Posted at 7:23 AM on February 1, 2013

Everyone else, including fans of the show, shouldn’t be punished for Jenelle’s choices. As much as everyone loves to see and judge other people’s drama-filled lives and as much as seeing someone fail sells, Jenelle doesn’t make or break the show. Most people are just over her and would rather see the other girls anyway.

Robin

Posted at 10:30 AM on February 5, 2013

I agree with you! Jenelle and her mom could be off the show. Her mom is horrible just Jenelle.

Carolyn

Posted at 12:37 PM on January 31, 2013

I think the show should stay but get rid of Jenelle. She ruins the show and she keeps getting worse.

Niki

Posted at 12:59 AM on January 31, 2013

They needed to get rid of her long ago. She’s a horrible mother and that makes her a even worse human being

jane

Posted at 1:55 AM on March 11, 2013

Yes!!! I was a teen mom who’s father died while I was pregnant.I had no help at all.had to work two jobs and pay for rides to work.had to rent a room in a basement.It was the hardest thing ever but I was mature and a great mom.Im 44 now.Half of them have ALOT of help and all are immature except KatelynShows like this will encourage immature minds.