With awards season in full swing, the stars have been putting their best faces forward. You can achieve complexion perfection for a big event too with expert tips!
Counting down to a red carpet event requires some serious beauty prep. Beverly Hills dermatologist Stuart Kaplan, M.D., creator of luxury skincare line KAPLAN MD shares tips to get your skin in shape any major event!
Red Carpet Skincare Countdown
Here are Dr. Kaplan’s tips to get your face glowy and gorgeous for the event:
One week before the big event:
- Continue using a good skin care regimen. Do not try any new skin care products so close to a big event. You do not want to cause any unexpected irritation or skin allergies.
- If any touch-ups of Botox or fillers are needed, this is the time to do it with no evidence (residual bruising, swelling, redness) for the tabloids to talk about!
- Acne extractions of blackheads and whiteheads can be done, with enough time to allow for complete healing. For larger cysts, a small injection of cortisone can quickly bring down inflammation and swelling.
- This is also an excellent time to get a facial. A good facial can help the skin look fresh and rejuvenated. Try not to experiment with new ingredients since reactions, while rare, are possible.
- For women wearing high heels, who develop pressure pain on the soles of their feet, Radiesse can be injected into the soles to provide more padding and comfort.
The day of the event:
- Apply the KAPLAN MD Cellular Rejuvenating Concentrate before Primer for a flawless foundation application. For a gentle, non-irritating cleanser, try Cetaphil facial wash.
- Some people experience a minor rash or hives before awards shows due to anxiety over a hectic schedule. Try relaxing in a warm bath with Aveeno Soothing Bath Treatment with Oatmeal, and applying over the counter hydrocortisone to the irritated area.
- Remember to finish makeup with the KAPLAN MD Clarifying Toner to blot any excess oil, and to keep complexions looking fresh and dewy.
- Don’t drink too much alcohol since it can make your face appear flushed.
HollywoodLifers, do YOU have a big event you’re prepping for? Sound off!
– Jennifer Tzeses
More Skincare Tips:
- Perk Up Dull, Chapped Skin This Winter: Expert Tips To Keeping Skin Radiant
- Weather Care For Dry Skin: Expert Tips For Winter Travel
- Keep Your Winter Skin Hydrated & Fresh Like Demi Moore