The ‘Modern Family’ star debuted bombshell waves and purple eyeshadow for the 19th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards held at The Shrine Auditorium on January 27, 2013 in Los Angeles, California. Here’s how you can get the exact look straight from the pros who created them!
Sofia Vergara, 40, looked sexier than ever with her lush tresses in cascading waves. CLEAR SCALP & HAIR THERAPY Celebrity Stylist Jen Atkin created sexy, messy waves inspired by the natural texture of Sofia’s hair. “Sofia has amazing texture and volume, and I wanted to show it off. We kept the style messy so it didn’t look too serious,” says Jen.
How To Recreate Sofia Vergara’s SAG Awards Waves
1. To get full, bouncy waves, it’s important to start with freshly washed hair. Jen recommends washing and conditioning hair with CLEAR SCALP & HAIR BEAUTY THERAPY Volumizing Root Boost Shampoo and Conditioner for this particular style to nourish the scalp for strong, beautiful hair that has body and volume.
2. On damp hair, use a volumizing mousse and wave-enhancing spray at the roots.
3. Next, blow dry hair while using your fingers to scrunch the roots and twist one-inch sections of hair to enhance volume and texture.
4. Once dry, wrap sections of hair around the barrel of a 1″ curling iron in the same direction away from the face for voluminous curls.
5. When curls are set, spritz with hairspray and run fingers through to soften the look. To add shine, use a serum or oil just on the ends.
6. To finish the look, tease the roots and use a dry shampoo to keep the volume locked in all night long.
7. If you have bangs like Sofia, use a 1″ flat iron to curl bangs back and blend them into the waves.
How To Recreate Sofia Vergara’s SAG Awards Makeup Look
Makeup artist Kayleen McAdams created Sofia’s makeup look for the event. “I wanted to do something fresh and new on Sofia. Her white dress gave me a bare canvas for her face, and I was able to bring an element of color with a purple eyeshadow. We have never done a bright color shadow for an award show so this was our first!”
1. Start by applying COVERGIRL Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation in Classic Tan and then used COVERGIRL + Olay Pressed Powder in Medium along her T-Zone to set the product so it lasts. Then apply Cheekers Blush is Classic Pink to make her look bright and fresh.
2. Apply SmokyShadowBlast in Purple Plume all over the lid and then smudge Queen Collection Vivid Impact Eyeliner in Cabernet all along top and bottom lashes and finish the look with three coats of Very Black Clump Crusher by LashBlast Mascara.
3. On the lips, use LipPerfection Lipliner in Beloved over the entire lip and then top with the LipPerfection Jumbo Gloss Balm in Rose Twist to give a hint of glossy sheen.
HollywoodLifers, do YOU love Sofia’s hair & makeup? Sound off below!
— Jennifer Tzeses
More SAG Awards Beauty:
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Side Swept Hair & Red Lips For SAG Awards
- Jessica Chastain’s SAG Awards Hair & Makeup: Get The Look
- SAG Awards Best Beauty: Vote On Your Fave Hair & Makeup