As ‘Girl Meets World’ creeps ever closer, Ben Savage & Danielle Fishel are using Twitter to fuel the flames of fandom.
Though Danielle Fishel insists that Girl Meets World starts filming in February, we’re still not sure how long it’ll be before we get our first look at Cory (Ben Savage) and Topanga as all-grown-up parents — and that’s why we freaked out when the Boy Meets World stars tweeted pictures of each other this weekend as “hubby” and “wife!”
The former and future TV couple grabbed dinner at Sugarfish in LA on Jan. 25, and because they love us just as much as we love them, they documented the experience.
“Great dinner with the wife,” Ben tweeted, along with a pic of Danielle mastering a pair of chopsticks.
Danielle also chimed in, tweeting a dark shot of Ben — we lightened it for your pleasure — and the tweet, “Had the best night with the most wonderful ‘hubby.’”
What We Know About ‘Girl Meets World’ So Far
HollywoodLife.com‘s sister site TVLine first reported in Nov. 2012 that Disney Channel was planning to revive the Boy Meets World universe, and ever since then, new details have flooded in fast. Here’s a rundown of what we know:
1. The show will focus on Cory & Topanga’s 13-year-old daughter, Riley.
2. Riley has an older brother, 14, named Elliot.
3. Riley also has an “edgy” best friend named Maya.
4. Cory is now a history teacher, just like his mentor, Mr. George Feeny.
5. Though Rider Strong says he has “no official involvement” with the spin-off, he also doesn’t rule out the possibility of Shawn Hunter making an appearance on the show.
6. Danielle confirms that the pilot will be filmed in Feb. 2013.
Are you as pumped for Girl Meets World as we are? Drop a comment and tell us which original characters you’d like to see on the spin-off!
— Andy Swift
More Girl Meets World on HollywoodLife.com: