The ‘Homeland’ star sported a chic, understatedly elegant low ponytail and at The 19th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards. Get the step-by-step breakdown directly from her hairstylist, here!
Claire Danes, 33, brought all the attention to her neckline with her one-shoulder Givenchy dress and chic, low ponytail with a soft side part. Her hairstylist, Peter Butler, said to her, “If we try and make this Hollywood, it just won’t work,” so he kept the look fresh and cool but still elegant with soft pieces falling around the face. “The dress is very sharp looking and I wanted to soften it by giving her a cool ‘New York girl’ style,” he said.
Hairstylist Peter Butler breaks down Claire’s chic look, right here:
• Starting with wet hair, Peter applied Matrix Amplify Foam Volumizer evenly throughout hair to provide hold, texture and volume and Matrix Total Results Blonde Care Flash Filler Sheer Mist to ends so that they would smooth out nicely and look finished and polished.
• Claire’s hair was blown out with a medium round brush.
• Brushed hair into a side part and lightly ran BIOLAGE Exquisite Oil Replenishment Treatment over hair to smooth flyaways.
• Applied Matrix Design Pulse Mega Dust to roots at the crown of her head and lightly teased to provide height to the pony.
• Gathered hair at the nape of the neck, leaving out some angles in the front, and secured with a bungee elastic, joining the two hooks underneath the pony.
• Pulled out small pieces around her ears to keep the look ethereal and not too done.
• Lightly sprayed Matrix Total Results Amplify Hairspray to keep it all together, while not looking too stiff or finished.
• Finished off the look with a few sprays of Matrix Total Results Blonde Care Flash Filler Sheer Mist as a shine spray to bring out and enhance her blonde hue.
Matin Maulawizada, Global Artistry Director for Laura Mercier, created a bold, fashion-forward makeup look:
While she was getting her hair done, Maulawizada applied Laura Mercier Lip Silk to Danes’ lips to smooth and nourish them.
· Once her hair was complete, he contoured and shaded the lips using Laura Mercier Lip Pencil in Coffee Bean followed by Laura Mercier Lip Pencil in Deep Wine.
· First, Maulawizada prepped Danes’ skin using Laura Mercier Foundation Primer to create an even canvas and ensure her makeup stayed flawless throughout the evening.
· Then, he applied Laura Mercier Repair Eye Serum generously over her cheekbones.
· Next, Maulawizada applied Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Foundation in Warm Ivory to lighten Claire’s complexion.
· On her cheeks, he applied Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Blaze ($24) followed by Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder in Translucent ($35) to set the look.
• Maulawizada defined Danes’ eyes by applying Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Bleu Marine ($22) to her lash line.
• Then, he layered a combination of Laura Mercier Metallic Crème Eye Colour in Rose Gold ($22) and Laura Mercier Metallic Crème Eye Colour in Burnished Copper ($22) on her eyelids.
• Next, he applied Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc in Golden Mosaic ($38) to further enhance the eyes.
• Maulawizada added the final touch of glamour by applying multiple coats of Laura Mercier Faux Lash Mascara ($24) to Danes’ upper lashes.
HollywoodLifers, do YOU love Claire’s side ponytail?
– Kristine Hope Kowalski
More SAG Beauty News:
- Jessica Chastain’s SAG Awards Hair & Makeup: Get The Look
- Amanda Seyfried’s SAG Awards Mermaid Waves: Get The Look
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Side Swept Hair & Red Lips For SAG Awards