‘Vampire Diaries’ Scoop: Will Stefan Steal The Cure From Elena?

Thu, January 24, 2013 11:00am EST by 48 Comments

andie

Posted at 11:20 AM on February 13, 2013

Obviously another sacrifice is needed. They’ve said several times, it needs 3. The pastors/gas leak is one. The hybrid masacre is 2. There’s one more needed.
I can’t help but think that they’ve shifted our opinion of rebekah by giving her a heart and placing her on a more equal level as the main characters. She desperately wants the cure for all the right reasons and despises herself as a self viewed monster. They’ve set her up for an epic and audience grabbing death, imo. She’s also the only original in attendence on the island lol.
Stefan and damon will want each other to take the cure (prolly for elenas sake) so neither will take it. Is no one else curious about the fact that its been stated that jeremy is needed as the hunter who needs to free silas? Once again, jeremy is needed for the dangerous parts lol.

Lu

Posted at 10:00 PM on February 8, 2013

Big, big,big fan of the show, all the spoiler gives me hope because I was afraid this was the last season. I have hope for Stephan but I am also a Damon fan. I am not good with literature/art/ but let’s put our thinking cap on and take a crack at the plots: This is a show about Vampire so unless it is the last season no more than one or two will turn human. I just watch the episode on 02/07/13, Klaus who knows everything did not seems worry about the cure because he knows nothing is getting done without the hunter’s “sword”(wrong spelling); therefore(spoiler 4). One of Rebekah’s sibling is gone for good but it is not Klaus (base on spoiler 4). From preview we know (1) Demon did not died from his run-in with the hunter. Damon gained knowledge, someone on his side and being Demon maybe get/stole the cure. The cure can only be taking by one or two. Damon offers the cure to Stephan (without Elena’s knowledge) to share with Elena but Stephan love his brother too much to leave him be a vampire so Stephan trick Elena into taking the cure but do not take it himself.

Shane’s finally comes to face with all the sacrifice he had done and now pays for his sins and gone/ dead. Jeremy, being one of them (hunters) learns the trueth about the professor and how to help Bonnie. Elena takes the cure but there is horrible side effect,(it could be a curse to a douglegan..) ( stephan and Damon seek help from Dr./Matt for Elena). They learn the cure does not work on a doublegan.. or some specific ritual incoded on the “sword” had to be perform or… Klaus as much as one wants to hate him but cannot help but feels sorry for him,(I hope he gets with Caroline)has the sword needed. We know that Klaus was hated by his father, he feels and hate beeing alone, he wants to be love so: Klaus wants the cure for his love Tartia, or possibly part of the cure is turn back time so he wants to go back in time and not have his mother cheated on Michael and be Michael’s son not an hybrid. The cure turn back time giving the original witch the chance not to create vampire and Klaus will be just an hybrid (not only alone but only supernatural sibling); Klaus mother also resent him for being the object that tear her marriage appart and turning back time his mother will kill him. Klaus does not know the end product of the cure: do all dead come back to life? do they go back to the time when they first turn vampire? Do they go back in time and their mother does not create the originals; Klaus do not want the cure for himself or help anyone reach the cure because of the unknown. We know Elijah’s mom said” I made you vampire not monster” It is possible that the cure not only takes away immortality but also render its user something similar but different than human with highten senses, emotions, mental illness, feeling of pain and remorse, a new species more fragile/vulnerable than human (Kole did not want the cure, maybe once taking the cure vamp will turn human but also hunted by all they killed). Maybe the cure not only create/ turn one into this new species but the vamp remains immortal and unable to hurt human, with no super natural power other than not being kill by supernatural him or herself ( what vampires was suppose to be) There is something horrible about the cure but what? The cure raise all dead people (professor) too catastrophic, unbalance (witch law), or the cure raise all supernatural or not supernatural dead and the five hunters job is to keep that from happen.

It could be anything, the story line goes wherever the writer wants it to go. From what we see so far we can conclude the cure.. nothing will change from this island visit other than Elena going through some difficulties, Stefan/Demon working together again to save Elena, Tyler has to go away or something for Klaus to be with Caroline( I want that for him), Rebeca although still vampire get close with Matt as Stephan goes back to Elena duty and betray her by giving the cure to Elena; things will be nice and old players will return. #4. Like one writer said, I am getting tired of this cure storyline so I hope it will not be more or not much more cure concentration as # 4 is suggesting.

There are so many possible story line that can be told to stretch to the end of the show: flashback of the real ripper stephan, Elena and Damon together love, Elena and Stephan Again, Something tells me there was true love between stephan and Rebecca so a little history lane, More about being a witch, I mean the list goes on for as long as these great actors are on the screen we will watch.

I am addicted so I could watch until I am 80 years old and I must say: Ian is so hot! love watching him, he is perfect with the most beautiful eyes on earth, perfect browridge, jawline, everything. Wesley is also hot and they seem like good individuals in their personal life. I love them, love all the cast even enjoy watching the originals (sad for Cole’s death, we did not learn much about the poor little brother).

(excuse my spelling errors, not focussing on that right now)

I LOVE YOU SOMERHALDER!

Flo

Posted at 10:21 AM on February 8, 2013

This article is about whether or not Stefan is going to steal the cure and about him possibly turning back into a human. Yet.. there are so many commenters going: TEAM DELENA. How is that even relevant to this article???????????

Sinthia

Posted at 3:04 AM on February 8, 2013

I hate this series now … All hurts Damon … i don’t wanna see him hurt ..

teamstephan

Posted at 12:14 AM on February 8, 2013

I am going to take a shot in the dark here and predict what is going to happen. I think that Damon kills himself so that he can find out how to find the cure just the same as the Shanes wife found out when she died. She is the one that told him how to put it all together. So Damon dies but comes back once the dead is resurrected and the cure is found. I hope that made sense.

Melanie 82

Posted at 10:56 PM on February 7, 2013

In the book Damon is a jerk!

Melanie Harpster

Posted at 10:45 PM on February 7, 2013

Team Stephan all the way. I think Damon loves Elana and she loves him too. But I think Stephan and Elana are IN LOVE with each other. I really want them back together.

Amanda1989

Posted at 11:56 PM on February 4, 2013

I agree with Rachael I think there will only be enough for two. I don’t think Elena will take the cure… she has never actually said she wanted it everyone made that devotion for her. I think Damon will try and convince her to take it because he wants what is best for her. How I see it tho is Elena is stronger as a vampire not just physically but mentally and spiritually, she seams more in tune with herself like how Caroline became more confident when she turned. I’m kinda liking the chemistry between Stefan and Rebecca… I think there is much more to her than the show let’s on and I can’t wait to see how things evolve between them. As for Elena and Damon I’m totally on board with team Delena. Before this it had always been Stefan, where now is Damon’s turn to experience real love. He deserves her… yes he can become out of control at times but he genuinely loves and care for her and when it comes down to it he is the one who has always been there to save her. Where Stefan was to busy fighting his own battles to protect her from the danger he put her in from the minute they meant. Onto Caroline and Tyler where the hell are they? Hope there in the next episode. And for Bonnie there has to be a twist to this whole Expression thing. I finally noticed in the last episode ”A View to Kill” her eyes turn black when she’s using her magic is she turning evil or whatever lol and I agree with whoever said they think a sacrifice will be needed to use the cure. They have sacrificed how many people have already been sacrificed just in the search of the cure it would only make sense for a sacrifice to be needed to complete the transformation, and normally all the big spells have something to do with the doppelganger aka Elena. Well we only have two more days till the next episode. I can’t wait to see what surprises are in store. I just hope Elena and Damon make it threw this episode still together. He’s so gorgeous haha

Rachael

Posted at 3:32 PM on February 4, 2013

I think there will only be enough of the cure for two people as originally the immortality spell was supposed to be for sialis and the women he was in love so it would make sense if there was just enough cure for two people.
I think Damon will feed the cure to elena and whilst he is distracted Stefan will have the choice to give the cure to Rebecca as promised or give it to Damon since he forced Damon to change in the first place but then I think he will be selfish and take the cure himself believing that way as human he can win elena back and never have to deal with his loss of control over his blood lust again. Damon always goes on about how selfish he is but if u really watch the show Damon sacrifices what he wants all the time to put elena first and Stefan first – Stefan however has always been selfish and broke damons trust time and again – the only time he didn’t was when he went for the cure for when Tyler bite Damon

Shell

Posted at 12:09 PM on February 3, 2013

I think in the end, Elena will choose to stay a vampire because of her love for Damon. To take the cure would mean to die one day and she wouldn’t want that. Then stephen will get the cure for him and Rebekah but also plot to turn Klaus human so all three of them will get the cure, but a twist I think will happen, Klaus werewolf side will come out and he will kill Rebekah out of spite leaving stephen to morn her death.

Lacy (@lace0586)

Posted at 2:17 PM on February 1, 2013

I don’t think Damon intentionally wanted Elena in the beginning of the series. I think he had a fasination with her but knew who he wanted and that was Katherine. He knew Stefan stayed in town because he was intrigued and had to know her. Damon threatened Elenas life multiple times to show that he would stop at nothing to get the one he loves back which was Katherine. Then something happened…He started to see the genuine kindness that Elena had for other people and even though he screwed with her so much she still thought there may be something good in him. THAT is when Damon fell for Elena. He wanted to see what she believed he still had in him. Beautiful love story. Who doesnt want to please the one they love. The one you love is supposed to make you a better person. Damon didnt intentionally fall for her it just happened. So I don’t believe anyone when they say Damon has been trying to steal her all along from STEFAN. Damon loves Elena because she showed him what it really feels to be loved. FIRST as a friend then it became more. They are the amazing love story of TVD. I think STEFAN is great and love his character but I also believe he needs to be with someone he should have had this whole time.Rebecca. She deserves to have a happy ending and I think he brings out the best in her and I think she brings out the vulnerable side and dangerous side of stefan. He doesnt walk on eggshells with her.

zee

Posted at 5:53 PM on February 2, 2013

read the book…it might change your perception of damon a little.

TP

Posted at 3:17 AM on January 27, 2013

I agree with you. I think Stefan is going to steal it for Elena regardless of how she feels about him. He still loves her and would do anything to give her life back to her. He feels guilty b/c she is a vampire b/c he saved Matt first. He loves her either way but he knows she never wanted to be a vampire. If she takes the cure it will break the sire bond so that she will have free will to make her own choices and we all know Damon is not going to set her free.

jal

Posted at 9:55 PM on February 7, 2013

Damon did set her free or do people keep forgetting that?

Flo

Posted at 10:06 AM on February 8, 2013

He did not. He told her to go home. That’s setting her free?

Amanda1989

Posted at 2:21 PM on February 9, 2013

Yes he did set here free! Damon told her he had to do the right thing by her and do the right thing by stefan. He told her he had to get her go. When the night was over Elena said I was all ready to fight you on this but something is telling me to get in this car and go home and Damon said so do it then, she kisses him and gets in the car and goes home.

Linda Marie

Posted at 9:00 PM on January 26, 2013

first off, has elena actually ever said “dudes, i want the cure?” or is stefan just pushing this on her cause she feels differently about him and he feels that’s only cause she’s now a vamp? stefan needs to not treat her as his toy and damon needs be aware that elena could flip her feelings back at any time. i am not a shipper of either pairing just saying what i’m seeing. as for klaus, he’s already said he wants to control/destroy it so it can’t be used on him. just this past eps. he said he wants to make more hybrids from elena, so there’s his 2nd reason. a reason he now feels is back on the front burner now that caroline has yet again burned him and snuffed his hopes of not being alone. as to the twist with the cure?? remember silas wanted to end his immortality without his lady love. there never was mentioned what that person would be other than NOT immortal anymore. didn’t say they’d be human AGAIN, just not immortal. maybe the twist is what they find out the cure turns you actually into. can’t wait to see. and a shout out to joseph morgan, your revelation clip looks great–good luck!!

romanzia

Posted at 3:55 AM on January 26, 2013

hello the comments asked for our thoughts / theories on what we think the twist to the cure could be and other spoilers! I’m guessing the twist is only one can be cured or a doppelganger has to be sacrificed for one to return to being human or possibility of vampires have to be swapped in order for other camps to be human again. here comes bonnie being involved in dark magic to do this remember ‘the balance’. I also think that stefan just tells eleanor that he would like to be human again but maybe he really wants it for Damon as he turned him. the spoilers r meant to be to mislead us remember the eleanor killing Jeremy pics? it was to misleadslead! or US stefan thinking Rebecca again to win eleanor back? the thing that gets me is we see Damon’s good side tht he hides from everyone! he snaps for a reason yet eleanor never saw any of this sadly as human she only saw the self destruct and chaos Damon causes. I would like her to not just see thr bad I hope they stay together and I hope Damon destroys the cure as vampires equals great viewing. I want eleanor to destroy the cure to prove to Damon she loves him and wants him forever! it would be great viewing if she was pregnant and they use the cure for their child! stefan could move on away with Claus! or sacrifice himself for being a ripper that way their would be no guilt. I think a lot of sacrifices could be needed ie kol or an original.Claus is possibly leaving. I think eleiger the best vampire ever the show should not lose him. I have many theories going on at the moment I just hope eleanor sees stefan for what he really is. it’s Damon who usually always saves her. I believe Claus wants tks bring back someone from his past who he really loved. who we have not seen yet or maybe it’s the first ever doppelganger.

Katie

Posted at 11:43 AM on January 26, 2013

hahah what the f***? do you even really watch the show or just like stating your opinion. Her name is Elena not Elenor

Marin

Posted at 1:47 PM on February 3, 2013

who is Eleanor…? I’m lost are you talking about Elena?…

sara

Posted at 8:35 AM on January 25, 2013

Whatever makes Stefan happy, makes me happy. I adore him.

tania rahman

Posted at 1:49 AM on January 25, 2013

Im not surprised, Stefan has been harping on about how much he hates Elena as a vampire, when he has done much worse himself. I wonder if the twist is that it won’t work on Elena because she;’s a doppelganger.

Rachel

Posted at 11:02 PM on January 24, 2013

This cure has really created a rift between everyone on this show, though I am not surprised that Stefan is interested in becoming human. It’s for this reason that I really doubt that Elena will be the one to take it, if they ever end up finding it. I can’t wait to see the progress that they make in tonight’s episode, I love coming home to a new episode waiting on my DISH Hopper. My roommate and I watch a lot of shows, and because of our differing schedules, we always make sure our DVR is recording everything. With my late work schedule at DISH, I really appreciate that we have the Whole-Home HD DVR. It lets us start watching a show in one room and finish in another, which helps when I get home, and she’s half way through the newest episode. I like that I never have to get spoiled on an episode, especially now that tensions regarding the search are getting more tense.

mvk

Posted at 3:15 PM on January 24, 2013

Damon has been a good and true brother to Stefan through the years. He has covered up for Stefan during his ripper days; stayed away from Stefan when he thought is was the right thing to do; protected him through the years; all even after stefan was the one who turned Damon. Damon didn’t want to be a vamp, stefan was the one who forced him into it. I thought Klaus wanted the cure for Elena so he could make more hibreds? I wonder what he changed his mind to…. Elena is a much better vampire than she was a human. She was really wishy washy when she was a human. At least now she is more exciting.

amanda

Posted at 3:53 PM on January 24, 2013

umm, you do realize that Damon chased after, and slept with his brothers girlfriend don’t you? That’s just messed up, even for Jerry Springer fans

Abdulmalik salihu

Posted at 2:11 PM on January 24, 2013

Shush stefan is acting like a baby he is just behaving like that because he cant stand seing DAMON happy….GO TEAM DELENA

Mandy

Posted at 5:29 PM on January 24, 2013

IMO,Stefan is acting like that because he lost Elena, the love of his life (because his brother Damon, took her from him, and Damon is not even sorry about it, like he told Elena himself), not because he can’t stand seeing Damon happy! So, I think the one who’s acting like a spoiled child is Damon who always wants what Stefan has!

DE-MEANT-2B

Posted at 11:22 AM on January 25, 2013

excuse me but at that point stefan didn’t “have” elena and you can’t take someone if they don’t want to go..and elena wanted to go. sire bond had nothing to do with it! stefan is definitely the spoiled child right now who is mad cuz he can’t play with his “toy!” i guess he found a new toy to play with. lol

Winnie

Posted at 11:33 PM on January 25, 2013

WTF?!? Nobody can “take” people from other people unless they want to be “taken”… That is just ridiculous!

TP

Posted at 3:08 AM on January 27, 2013

I 100% agree with you!!

annie

Posted at 1:31 PM on January 25, 2013

TEAM DELENA ALL THE WAY!!!!….STEFAN NEEDS TO GROW UP PEOPLE AND GET A LIFE DAMON HAS ALWAYS BEEN THERE ELENA NO MATTER WHAT.

TP

Posted at 3:11 AM on January 27, 2013

Damon needs to go away and leave Stefan and Elena alone. He has tried from day 1 to take her away from Stefan to make his life miserable. How’s that for brother of the year? He has not always been there for her either.

Flo

Posted at 10:11 AM on February 8, 2013

And Stefan hasn’t been there for Elena? You’re telling Stefan to grow up? Did everyone forget Damon’s personality? When ever Elena doesn’t do what he says or she says something she doesn’t mean that hurts him he goes out and kills people and has”revenge sex”. Damon lashes out like a child.. and you’re telling Stefan to grow up? Okay.

Gummy Bears

Posted at 1:32 PM on January 24, 2013

Well, I’m all for Stefan taking the cure for himself.

LTM

Posted at 12:39 PM on January 24, 2013

If Stefan steals the cure is FOR Elena, not FROM Elena. He proved he’s selfless like that many times before!

lisa marie

Posted at 12:35 PM on January 24, 2013

Im all for damion!!him&elleana madeee the show wayy better Stephen does literally acts all gay he’s the one that let her go.!I think stephen isent getting the cure for himself he’s guna end up giving it to elleana..

Ps..damion is sooooo cutee<3

tiff

Posted at 12:25 PM on January 24, 2013

O shut up stefan sucks and im not talking blood. Stefan stefan stefan needs to man up and stop being a crybaby

JCTM

Posted at 5:34 PM on January 24, 2013

So, someone who’s hurt because he was stabbed in the back by his brother and his ex girlfriend is a crybaby? And, by the way, in which episode did he cry about it?

Bite Me

Posted at 11:20 AM on January 24, 2013

I don’t know what to make of these spoilers.LOL It’s like a supernatural version of VH1 I Love Money. LMFAO who finds the cure first and what & who will they deceive to get it.

silvia

Posted at 11:12 AM on January 24, 2013

No matter what my luv 4 stefan still remains loyal becos I respect his luv so much, screw you elena

Lina

Posted at 10:50 AM on January 24, 2013

Team Stefan. Whatever he does, I will support because I love the guy unlike Elena who just loves him until she can screw Damon, which she did! Completely lost respect for Damon and Elena!!

lisa

Posted at 11:07 AM on January 24, 2013

Completely AGREE! Let Stefan go on with his life. Damon is the worst brother ever and Elena just uses people to get what she wants and will step over their bodies and move onto the next. Damon will eventually know what the true Elena is and then he’ll feel just as played as Stefan. Damon better not do the oh poor me thing. He knew exactly what he was getting into. Once a cheater always a cheater.

ustink

Posted at 3:00 PM on January 24, 2013

whatever!!!

p.b.j.m.u.b.

Posted at 3:49 PM on January 24, 2013

she’s not a cheater or a slut! Stefan leather go… so she now finds herself withdrawing, who she has had feelings for Sience day one! she’s not a cheater her let her go, broke up wit her! it’s not her fault she loves damon sire bond or not! if Stefan took her back after this it will just confirm what a foolish spineless vampire he is!

GO DELANA!

VAMPGIRLY

Posted at 10:09 PM on January 24, 2013

Being a fan of both brothers, I can see the two points being made here. Though seeing Damon’s hot bod always puts me in a good mood, seeing Stefan mourn over Elena was very heartbreaking to me. It is obvious they both care deeply for her and only wish for her to be happy, but Stefan, taking the cure for himself? I cannot even begin to accept that, it goes against his natural nature!! :) Damon, on the other hand has proved to be selfless many times, each one being surprising. Which, is why I adore Damon, because he is sooooo good at the heart, but has trouble always showing it. So, I don’t know what TVD has in store, but I know it’s something good. :) Peace. Love. Vampires. ;)

annie

Posted at 1:34 PM on January 25, 2013

omg people’s feelings change wow she is not obligated to love stefan forever…she is in love with damon and there is nothing wrong with that…team delena

rico

Posted at 5:47 AM on February 9, 2013

stefan should go back to being the ‘reeper’ hehehe…