Selena Gomez: Vanessa Hudgens & Taylor Swift’s Advice After Break Up

Tue, January 22, 2013 5:10pm EDT by 15 Comments
Selena Gomez Taylor Swift Vanessa Hudgens
FameFlynet, Invision/AP Images

After splitting from Justin Bieber, Selena’s relied heavily on BFFs Taylor and Vanessa — two friends she credits with helping her stay ‘in line’! Read on for all the details.

Selena Gomez is making sure that she keeps herself together following her split from Justin Bieber — and she’s been leaning on her girlfriends Taylor Swift and Vanessa Hudgens for their support and guidance! In a new interview, the 20-year-old former Disney star explains just what it is about her two besties that she looks up to most.

“Taylor’s one of the most inspirational, positive, good-hearted people that I know,” she told Life & Style at her exclusive concert benefiting the U.S. Fund for UNICEF in NYC on Jan. 19. “I met her when she was 18, and this was before Fearless came out. It is absolutely incredible to see somebody so successful and so humble, and I think she’s been a big part of me kind of staying in line.”

Selena Gomez & Vanessa Hudgens’ Friendship

As for her Spring Breakers co-star Vanessa, Selena shares, “She’s amazing. I feel like I want to be her. She’s been so great. She’s been such an incredible person. She’s fantastic in this movie and she’s a really good friend.”

“It’s because of having Taylor and Vanessa both older than me, they’ve kind of experienced a little bit more,” the Monte Carlo star tells the magazine. “At the same time, we’re experiencing the exact same things, too. It’s just nice to kind of pick up the phone…and have somebody understand and really know what you’re going through. It’s nice. I think that’s the main connection.”

This much is certain: she intends on making 2013 one of her best years yet. Her motto? “Everything happens for a reason,” she shares. “So enjoy every moment.”

Are you glad that Selena’s had Taylor and Vanessa to lean on for support, HollywoodLifers?

WATCH: Selena Gomez Revenge Dates With Taylor Swift After Justin Bieber Breakup

– Eleanore Hutch

More Selena Gomez News:

1. Justin Bieber Gets Nearly Naked On Stage — Tempting Selena Gomez?
  2. Justin Bieber ‘Writing Heart Out’ After Selena Gomez Split
  3. Selena Gomez Takes Mystery Man Home After UNICEF Concert

Britney

Posted at 1:30 PM on January 26, 2013

Selena gomez is awesome!!! So is taylor and vanessa! Selena keep listening tp taylor. You 3 are amazing singers!!!!!

Sam

Posted at 8:41 PM on January 25, 2013

Hey what was the thing that Taylor told Selena cuz I would so listen I’m crying my self to sleep every night cuz of Tyler and can’t stop thinking about him

julie adams

Posted at 8:53 AM on January 25, 2013

i think selena is doing the right thing and she should listen to taylor!!!!
p.s calm down bonnie don’t be so harsh on taylor.

Ariadne Helene

Posted at 6:33 AM on January 25, 2013

I’m sorry but this woman has got to be the most boring looking Selena Gomez I’ve ever seen. She looks like you’re average white girl around that age. I guess I don’t get the appeal.

m. lowry

Posted at 11:06 PM on January 24, 2013

taylor swift and friends should stop interfering in justin & selena’s affairs. i don’t think either of them are good examples.

Selena

Posted at 5:18 PM on January 24, 2013

I think it is great to have friends by your side when you go through a break up but are they the right friends to look for advise about relationships?! Probably not since Taylor goes through guys like popcorn at the movie theatre and vanessa had a lot of baggage with sexting and everything.S o she look for better friends to talk to like her co-stars in T.V.

Sam

Posted at 8:42 PM on January 25, 2013

Hi can I ask what that info on guys wuz plz

Eduardo

Posted at 8:49 PM on January 22, 2013

Vanessa is bad because she took naked photo? Taking pictures without clothes does not make you a person without character. Vanessa has character. And NOBODY is holy!

claire

Posted at 11:03 AM on January 23, 2013

Yes it does make you a person without character.

ana

Posted at 4:51 PM on January 22, 2013

Well, she doesn’t have a big sister to looks up to. Her mother did have her at 16 so she doesn’t have a normal background to guide her too.

slenaandjustin

Posted at 5:04 PM on January 22, 2013

well I thank her mom is nice.And she keeps selena humble.

ana

Posted at 5:26 PM on January 22, 2013

I know. I mean her mom has not gone through the normal phase of dating and stuff, because she was taking care of her. So she cant guide Selena at this

daya

Posted at 4:14 PM on January 22, 2013

She looks up to the two people who can’t keep a relationship.
She also looks up to the person who ALWAYS has new nude pictures hitting the internet so much that it isn’t even news anymore.
She looks up to the person who can’t even keep a guy for over 3 months.
-And apperently seeks their guidance.

I can just see the person Selena is going to become.

hehe

Posted at 4:19 PM on January 22, 2013

Wtf daya? U mean u became like then ppl u hang out with? then u blame twist for justin’s behavior, right? if u are grounded, which selena is, u dont become anything u are not. they r her friends and i think they are good ppl to lean on.

daya

Posted at 4:42 PM on January 22, 2013

When you hang out with certain people, you start to pick up habits don’t you? I don’t blame Twist for Justin’s behaviour, he has a mind of his own. But he is picking up small things, also he’s growing. But hanging with these people, Selena can start to pick up small things.
It’s like taking someone who is in their own seperate clique, and putting them in a different one. Do you think they will keep the same attitude? Even if they are ‘grounded’? They will start to pick up on small things (I have done this experiment for a project at school)
I’m not saying that Selena is gonna take nudes and become a serial dater like TSwift, but she might pick up on habits (Like pose in more compromising positions or something)
But I guess she needs someone to lean on, but Vanessa isn’t exactly a good person. But she would offer friendly advice I guess…