Mother Stabbed 12 Times At Bed Bath & Beyond Store With Daughter

Mon, January 21, 2013 9:57am EST by 14 Comments
Mom Stabbed Bed Bath & Beyond
Facebook, Courtesy Flickr

A mother was brutally attacked and stabbed more than a dozen times inside a New Jersey store in the middle of the afternoon while shopping with her baby girl. The alleged attacker was charged with attempted murder — read more of the shocking details.

Kerri Dalton, 29, was shopping in a New Jersey Bed Bath & Beyond when she was allegedly attacked by Tyrik Haynes, 19. The teenager reportedly stabbed Kerri more than a dozen times, puncturing both of her lungs.

Tyrik is accused of attacking the mom at 4 p.m. on Jan. 17 at a Middletown, N.J. Bed Bath & Beyond. After she was attacked, Kerri was rushed to Jersey Shore Medical Center, where she fortunately remained in stable condition.

Kerri had her baby girl Anna Lynne, 5 months, in the store with her, but she was not harmed in the attack.

Kerri Dalton’s Family Speaks Out About The Attack

“She just felt, like, pricks at her neck, like someone would tap your shoulder,” her brother-in-law Charles Dalton told the New York Post. “She didn’t realize she was getting stabbed at first.”

Kerri’s husband, Roger Dalton, told CBS on Jan. 19 that she is doing well.

“She’s holding up, she’s strong, she’s a fighter, she’s my best friend,” Roger said. “I want to thank everyone for keeping us in their prayers.”

“She’s a newborn mother; thank God the baby wasn’t touched,” he added. “This guy came out of nowhere and I love my wife.”

Tyrik Haynes Arrested & Charged With Attempted Murder

Tyrik was arrested soon after the crime, and during his first court appearance on Jan. 18, was charged with attempted murder, child endangerment, possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose and unlawful possession of a weapon.

Tyrik is no stranger to the law — in December, he was charged with animal cruelty for setting a cat on fire on Christmas Eve….Why wasn’t this guy sent to jail in the first place?

We’re happy that Kerri is in stable condition, and wish her a safe and speedy recovery.

What do YOU think of the shocking stabbing HollyMoms?

– Christina Stiehl

More tragic stabbings:

1. 13-Year-Old Girl Charged As Adult After Stabbing Half-Sister, 2, To Death
  2. Horror As Mom, 21, Gives Birth Alone & Stabs Newborn To Death
  3. Newlywed & Mother Of Two Stabbed To Death By Husband

Billy

Posted at 5:35 PM on June 24, 2013

Laurie sounds dumb! outstanding member in your community, you say so??? You sound bitter and single. From the comments you left looks like someone got to you…you sound really bothered LOL Never let them see you sweat amateur!

Crispy

Posted at 3:45 PM on January 29, 2013

Hope Kerri is feeling ok now. Justice will be upon this man. Life SHOULD NOT BE like THIS. There are many reasons why these things can happen.. Some people go around consuming drugs, not realizing the side effects of it. Do harm to themselves constantly. Then you guys come to websites like this to critizise others and so, but still doing it at home. Even marihuana has been proven that can be harmful when peoplen that grows it adds other chemicals to it. Even if you think that it doesnt affect you, YOU DONT KNOW! because it can awaken a hereditary problem that you prob already have. Then crimes happen and nobody knows why. Thank God Kerri is fine and hopefully she gets even better with time!!! God Bless her!
Seriously, you guys should give some respect here and stop the racial and discussions about stupid things. This is not a website to talk about you all personal issues..

Laurie

Posted at 8:39 PM on January 26, 2013

Oh, and by the way – I voted for O’bama, am Lutheran and do go to church and have raised 2 fine children, am a supervisor at my job, and an outstanding member of our community!!!

Laurie

Posted at 8:37 PM on January 26, 2013

Dana, I live in Minnesota and I have worked in prisons for over 30 years and I know what I am talking about! Look it up – blacks commit many more crimes than whites – it’s fact, but you don’t sound smart enough to be able to look anything like that up. Like I said, our population is only 2% black (thank God!), but they account for 30 – 40% of the jail/prison population…they are the ruination of this country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laurie

Posted at 12:58 AM on January 25, 2013

You’re the only one that is talking about going into schools and shooting people. I said GENERALLY, they do a larger amount of killing, etc., per capita. Gang shootings, etc. They are much more irresponsible with their children also…what about the one that left her 3 year old twins along to go get pot and they burned in their house. Many, many stories like that – they are just not responsible!

Dana

Posted at 8:37 AM on January 25, 2013

@Laurie…you are Sooo ignorant this will be the last time I waste keystrokes on you…you probably live in some bumpkin land where you an your neighbors have no teeth and if you have a husband he probably has a bigger gut than you! Your a bigot and you sound beat as hell and we were talking about crazy crimes and you’re just mad that YOU ARE wrong…and you want to talk kids once again White wins…you either run to the hitmans office (that would be the clinic) to have an abortion or you drive your car in the water (ie Susan Smith) and then had the balls to try and BLAME a black man and say he did it…or lets see Casey Anthony, thats a poster child…Bottomline a BLACK man runs the country now so it must be killing you…go read a book and fck off already. I am sure you have bad Karma cause you sound like the scum who did that horrific crime…you’re insides are ugly.and you’re a nasty person…go find GOD!

Laurie

Posted at 12:52 AM on January 23, 2013

Dana, I think you need to watch/read the news more…a huge percentage of heinous crimes are committed by blacks. They may only be a small percentage of the population, but they sure committ a much bigger percentage of the crimes. Where I live blacks are 2% of the population, but are 40% of the jail population – facts that speak for themselves!!

Dana

Posted at 9:58 AM on January 24, 2013

NO they DO NOT…I am both Black and White, and the Black crimes I see on the news are of them robbing chit …I have yet to see a black man go in to an elementary school and open fire or eat people, heck Laurie there are more white people in the world. If you want to get technical and take it there, slavery was the worst crime! Never understood why black people still talk about slavery but I get it now it’s for people like you. If it’s so factual…you name the “Blacks” that have done random stabbings in a home goods store…cause the news I’m watching shows they don’t go past the cash register!

Dana

Posted at 10:09 AM on January 24, 2013

and not to mention I agreed with what you said to do to him…I can’t even write what I say they should do cause it’s that bad…

Chrissy

Posted at 10:01 AM on January 22, 2013

This happened in my town. I went to high school with Tyrik. I would have never known he was capable of doing this… Nearly a week later, I still can’t believe this happened. Glad Kerri is doing well though

Laurie

Posted at 2:45 AM on January 22, 2013

DO THE SAME TO HIM…SET HIM ON FIRE!!!! I’m so tired of these black bastards running around this country!!!!!!

Dana

Posted at 7:44 AM on January 22, 2013

Usually the crazy crimes are caused by WHITE bastards!!!!!! Columbine, Sandy Hook shooting, Tim McVeigh, Jeffrey Dahmer etc…get a grip you old school bigot!

kel

Posted at 6:51 PM on January 21, 2013

What is our country becoming? People are so effed up in the head. Did this guy know the gal? Or did he just pick someone at random…?

Megan

Posted at 2:43 PM on January 21, 2013

It’s terrible when you can’t go shopping without worrying about getting hurt or killed. What has our world turned into?