‘Vampire Diaries’ Twist: Elena’s Love For Damon Is Still In ‘Doubt’

Fri, January 18, 2013 1:26pm EDT by 133 Comments
Vampire Diaries Damon Elena Love
Courtesy of The CW

Ashley

Posted at 11:08 AM on June 7, 2013

Like Rose said, “Damon is either the best for Elina or the worst.” I think Damon and Elena’s love is so strong that it can go against the entire world. Elena always wanted a love that consumed her… she wanted to take risks and also love truly and only Damon can bring out the risk taker, adventurous Elena Gilbert that is hidden somewhere inside. I wont say that Stefan is not good for her, he is, but if Elena chooses Stefan then she will get true love but adventure is something that is not much expected from him, no offence, but I think Delena is better than Stelena

Wehdhydnchrnejbedjenrurn

Posted at 5:29 PM on April 30, 2013

Sorry meant to say in season 1

Wehdhydnchrnejbedjenrurn

Posted at 5:28 PM on April 30, 2013

Do u even like the vampire dairies??? Elena has also loved Damon maybe not in season 3 but she started caring about Damon from season 2 but she doesn’t want to be like Katherine because like she said if she chooses one she looses the other which she defiantly does not want. I think she should choose Damon because Damon will. Bring out her adventurous side of her at the she is n a shell and doesn’t know what to do. I will also go for team Delena and I don’t really think that team Bamon will ever work because Bonnie hated Damon and I still think she doesn’t really like him.

Nobody

Posted at 1:22 PM on April 22, 2013

I’ m sorry but I can’t see why damon would want elena . Yeah, of course she makes him feel again but why? What is sooo special about her? She is so boring. And she always acts like it’s wrong to have fun after she had some. So, I’m not really team Stelena but this relationship makes way more “sense” than Delena.

jody

Posted at 7:58 PM on April 10, 2013

I am team Delena all the way. Lets face it… Elena has been scared to admit her feelings for Damon while she was human. Now that she’s a vampire she is stronger and not afraid anymore. She said it’s “safe” with Stefan. She was with him because it was safe! With Damon its unpredictable and she was always afraid that she might get hurt loving Damon because lets face it.. he is liable to do something that she might not be able to accept or he may try to destroy their happiness because he doesnt think he deserves to be happy. He has been dumped on since the first season. Damon deserves to be happy and he will only be happy with Elena. I think Stefan will only be happy with Katherine.

Katrina

Posted at 10:07 AM on April 7, 2013

I think that Elena is just like Kathrine plays with bouth brothers. i think Damon needs a girl that chosses him for what i is and dont try to change him. Elena has form day 1 tried to change Damon to stefan. And lets face it poeple Damon is not Stefan. I was a Delena fan but i dont belive that it is real love from Elenas side – Devotion yes but not love. Come on people she goes in bed with him the day after sie broke up with Stefan. And say to him that she loves him. I dont belive it for a minute. If we dont see a new caracter for Damon, i maybe think Bonnie could be his real love and way. 1. Bonnie is all the good and belives in the bond of love. 2. Bonnie has lost much because of Elena and it turns out everything she has done to keep Elena safe is lost Elena is now a vampire. 3. Damon has lost much to and i think he do things that maybe are dark but because of love 4. Bonnie is the light and Damon is the Dark. It could be epic. I go from Team Delena to Team Bamon Sorry but Delena is no more Epic. Wenn the bond is broken she goes to Stefan again,

Wehdhydnchrnejbedjenrurn

Posted at 12:22 PM on March 31, 2013

OMG Rebecca is irritating me, she interrupted my Delena time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shelli

Posted at 1:46 AM on March 29, 2013

Okay listen. Yeah, they did say she loved Damon before the sire bond. You can love someone without being INLOVE with them. I think she had feelings for him, she felt something for him- yes- which caused the sire bond after she turned, BUT, once that is gone she’ll remember who she is INLOVE with. Stefan.

Keili J.

Posted at 1:23 AM on March 29, 2013

Well honestly, Stefan and Elena were together at first, and sure they were cute. But not many TV series stick with the same people they were at in the beginning. I mean, Caroline and Matt? History. Jeremy and Vicki? So long ago. I just don’t think the sparks are there anymore with Elena and Stefan. But with Damon, he brings out her fun and dangerous side, and she brings out the best in him. I feel like they need each other, and I really do think she loves him. But Stefan and everyone is making it hard for them to truly be together when everyone says it’s wrong. Which is extremely selfish of them, they need to just accept Elena and Damon, and get over the fact that Elena most likely won’t be with Stefan again.

Wehdhydnchrnejbedjenrurn

Posted at 9:32 AM on March 26, 2013

I TOTALLY agree with you Elena loved Stefen but he is also always so serious, I mean when she is with Damon she has fun. Team Delena forever and Always

LBP

Posted at 11:04 PM on March 25, 2013

The relationship between Damon and Elena is more intense. In the second season when she thought that he was going to die, really affected her, it was then that she realize her feelings for Damon. And on the third season her feelings for him grew even more, she confessed to Matt that with Stephan she always felt secure, but Damon came into her life, and that now was under her skin, and that it doesn’t matter what she do, she can’t take him out of her head. The truth is that Damon has change her, and Damon also change for her. And about the sire bond, don’t you remember that the witch said that A vampire only becomes sired to their maker when they have human feelings for their maker before they are turned. So Elena really fall in love with Damon when she was human.

Wehdhydnchrnejbedjenrurn

Posted at 12:45 PM on March 25, 2013

I don’t agree with you team Delena forever and always

Wehdhydnchrnejbedjenrurn

Posted at 12:12 PM on March 25, 2013

I am sorry I don’t agree with team Delena forever and always

Lizzyadeks

Posted at 10:40 AM on March 25, 2013

Seriously! lets face the real fact, lets be reasonable, right from the first season elena fell for stefan instantly and she loves him truely and deeply. Elena didnt fall for damon’s love not even for weeks, though she cares about him. But her one and true love will always be stefan. Apart from kissing, if not for the sire bond she would never sleep with damon. Let wait till the sire bond breaks and see who she’ll choose, the only way this movie would have good meaning is if she chooses Stefan because he is her true love not damon. So i vote for “STELENA”.

Wehdhydnchrnejbedjenrurn

Posted at 9:32 AM on March 25, 2013

I don’t know because she loved him before the sire bond also. Team Delena forever

dale dixon

Posted at 2:37 PM on March 24, 2013

No elena love for damon is unreal the reason she said she love him its all because of the sired bond why can’t u guys see that

Wehdhydnchrnejbedjenrurn

Posted at 1:22 PM on March 24, 2013

I LOVE Damon but this sire bond is driving me crazy, I really want Elena and Damon to be together but I can see that Elena still LOVES Stefen.

megan

Posted at 11:20 PM on March 12, 2013

I think it’s real to Elena in the moment because of the sire bond but it’s out of character for her to completely 180 away from Stefan when only episodes before she admitted she chose him. It will always be Stefan and Elena- but the sire bond creates a really interesting way of allowing fans to see Elena and Damon together for a bit. Vampire Diaries will be utterly ruined though if Elena doesn’t get back with Stefan. You seriously can’t take fans through 3 seasons of loving their love for one another only to erase it like that forever!

xcvbn

Posted at 9:38 AM on March 4, 2013

stelena sucks!!!!!!!! delena forever!!!!!!

Nicole

Posted at 10:08 PM on February 24, 2013

Stelena forever !! :)

TLynnmartin

Posted at 2:14 PM on February 14, 2013

Okay I love Damon and Elean too – but they jumped together too quickly. And no – Elena has not loved Damon all along – anybody who has watched the show knows that. She has fought those feelings for so long and now that she is a vampire – well if you can’t beat em might as well join them. I do think if she takes the cure – which I suspect she will – as she was cured from being a vampire in the books – well from god – but anyway……she does still love Stefan and they stand for the same things. What makes this trainge work though is that I like both pairings – sometimes I root for Stefan and sometimes I root for Damon. I love that Damon fights that he wants to be loved, just like Klaus whom I love to. Ohhh these vampires…..

Marin

Posted at 11:28 AM on February 10, 2013

It would be kinda poor writing if she just went back to stefan I mean What would that have been for? Damon had been hurt for so long why would the writers want to keep on hurting him doesn’t he deserve to be loved .. YES .. I like Stefan And rebakka together!! They just need to break this damn sirebond because it’s just annoying and getting in the way seriously … Maybe Elena needs to see what she is losing meaning Damon like apparently there going to kill him off the show? Well if they do they obviously have to bring him back but when he’s gone maybe she will realize how much she truely loves him I don’t know maybe that’s The only way the sirebond can be broken ..omg I can not wait for this next episode .. If Elena And Damon don’t end up together I will cry .. So hard.. So you all should really watch some delena videos on YouTube because I watched both stelena and delena videos just so you can get more of a feel of each side I’m not hating on the stelena side either.

vdl

Posted at 9:28 PM on February 7, 2013

Stefan and Elena are meant to be together…How could she sleep with his brother the VERY next day that she broke up with Stefan? The sire bond is at play here, and its a VAMPIRE sire bond, which may be totally different from a werwolf sire bond…and obviously much stronger as it can’t be broken, so thats why she feels differently…sorry Delena fans. If you look deep in your heart and think of all the moments Stefan and Elena have had, you’ll know its true.

bianca25

Posted at 11:47 AM on February 10, 2013

i totally agree wid u !! stefan and elena are meant to be ! <3

Kathy

Posted at 12:12 AM on February 11, 2013

That’s precisely the point. Elena already slept with Damon, so sire bond or not, the “epicness” of her relationship with Stefan is done. Over. Out. It doesn’t matter if she had slept with Damon right after Stefan left her house when they broke up, or much later. She WANTED to be with Damon. She PURSUED him. I don’t think the sire bond made her do all that. I think that when she became a vampire, all the repressed feelings she had for Damon came bursting out to the surface and she couldn’t deny it anymore…That said, I don’t want Stefan to be with her ever again. That would so demeaning to Stefan’s character as well as Elena’s. I want Stefan to be happy, with SOMEBODY else.

Elle

Posted at 11:28 PM on February 5, 2013

There is no challenge with Stefan. I loved how Elena and Damon have changed. And stop with the “she slept with Damon one day after breaking up…” already! It’s just a lame excuse for Delena haters!

wefwfgwrgwr

Posted at 2:56 PM on February 6, 2013

true true true !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im with you on this one

Alicia

Posted at 9:28 PM on February 4, 2013

I love Elena and Damon together!!!