‘Vampire Diaries’ Twist: Elena’s Love For Damon Is Still In ‘Doubt’

Fri, January 18, 2013 1:26pm EDT by 133 Comments
Vampire Diaries Damon Elena Love
Courtesy of The CW

Anna

Posted at 6:01 PM on February 3, 2013

I just like Stefan better. He has always done everything he could to protect Elena and the way she just slept with Damon right after they broke up was wrong. It doesn’t bother me that Stefan is sleeping with someone else I just really hate Rebeckah!! She is such a b*tch and is cruel. Dont forget that she is the reason Elena died in the first place.

Emma

Posted at 2:25 PM on February 3, 2013

I don’t want Damon and Elena to date. I like Elena with Stefan. I always freak out when Elena and Damon are together and when Elena says she loves Damon.

marin

Posted at 11:47 AM on February 3, 2013

i am going to cry so hard if elena and damon dont end up together

marin

Posted at 11:46 AM on February 3, 2013

if elena and stephan end up together then i would have watched this for absolutly no reason because it would just end up boring and the same as the beginning i feel like elena is a better person with damon she actually has fun …and i think they should let rebeka have a chance (with stephan!!) find a way to break the sirebond! i mean seriously

xcvbn

Posted at 1:50 PM on February 2, 2013

yes, she love damon!!!!!!!!!! p.s stelena sucks!!!!!!!!! she is not jelous of rebekah , she hates her!!!!!

Sareeta Pokhrel

Posted at 10:13 AM on February 2, 2013

i was so freaked when she said damon she loves him…afteralll stefan was the one with her the whole time..and he is so much struggling for the cure..!! stefan was like 0_0

Any

Posted at 11:12 PM on January 30, 2013

I don’t want see Damon get hurt ..all session 1-4 he was hurt ed … do some thing better

Na Le

Posted at 11:29 PM on January 27, 2013

Oh damn, Mrs Julie ““Just letting himself allow it to be real for one small moment is enough for Damon.”” —> you’re so MEAN with Damon!! I’m going to hate you if you let his heart broken again >”<

poly

Posted at 12:12 AM on January 27, 2013

Elena always loves Damon …. The fact is when she was human it could not set out for the Stefan’s love ..she won’t hurt him ..but now she is a vampire.. all the thing is highlighted to her ..n her love is come out .. but sire bond made her so fist ….

B

Posted at 7:50 PM on January 26, 2013

Elena’s love for Damon cannot be real, it’s just the sire bond messing with her head. She has always loved and will always love Stefan.

Kikuchan

Posted at 11:34 PM on January 26, 2013

Yes I agree with you! Stelena forever! This is why she is jealous of rebekah!

Sareeta Pokhrel

Posted at 10:14 AM on February 2, 2013

yess so true..elena deserved stefan but now i think stefan deservs more better!

Emma

Posted at 2:27 PM on February 3, 2013

I want Stefan and Elena to end up together!

Regina

Posted at 3:39 PM on January 26, 2013

I was so happy to hear that confession. TVD writers are messing with my head! Again!

Angeliqe

Posted at 7:36 PM on January 25, 2013

Damon and Elena make the best couple..Damon himself said he loved her either way as a fun wild vampire or a quiet calm human…that is real love…Stephan on the other hand doesn’t like Elena as a vamp..thats not true love. Besides..Damon and Elena’s love progressed throughout the seasons and its beautiful to see how their love blossomed and grew, also how much Damon has changed with Elena’s love and how happy he makes Elena. He doesnt restrict her like Stephan does.

sunshine

Posted at 6:42 AM on January 24, 2013

for me Elena and Stefan is stillthe perfect match

gonzalezm27

Posted at 9:24 AM on January 23, 2013

I believe that they truly made a big mistake to have Elena and Damon sleep together and get together because she was Supposed to be different from Catherine and not play with both of their hearts. I am upset that this show is going the Direction it is going because the books had such as amazing Romanic Vibe going on and that’s what drew me to the show which was the character Elena and Stefan and their bond and love for each other. Plus I feel that they took the best part of Damon’s character away and made him soft and weak and I want the bad boy to come back. I feel that Damon Deserves more of a fearless fresh new love interest or even Bonnie which is who he ends up with in the book. I still have hope that they will fix this big mess and love won’t be such a joke.

Katie

Posted at 9:35 AM on January 23, 2013

wow i really hope he does not end up with bonnie. what a mistake that would be. Damon and Elena are Great together!!! And i think that Stefan and Rebekkah should get together again.

CatEyes Kita

Posted at 7:37 PM on January 23, 2013

Your talking about the Phantom Vampire Diaries, those were not written by the Original writer, the Last book written by LJ Smith was Midnight were Damon Died!!! He did not end up with Bonnie in the original books. If you read the books you know what Elena said when Damon died, he was her true love & that’s how it would have ended if the original writer would not have been fired….
My Favorite Midnight Quote: ” She could not imagine a universe, no matter how many dimensions there were, without a Damon in it. There was no world for her, if there was no Damon.”

DE-MEANT-2B

Posted at 9:05 AM on January 23, 2013

GET A CLUE STELENA FANS!! COMPULSION OVER RIDES THE SIRE BOND SO WHATEVER ELENA SAID SHE FELT WAS TRUE!!! DID YOU ALL FORGET IN S3 WHEN KLAUS’ STEP DADDY COMPELLED KLAUS’ HYBRIDS TO GO AGAINST THE SIRE BOND AND AGAINST KLAUS? REBEKAH COMPELLED ELENA FOR THE TRUTH AND THAT’S EXACTLY WHAT WE ALL GOT…THE TRUTH!!!

CatEyes Kita

Posted at 7:47 PM on January 23, 2013

Yes!!! Yes!!!! I just love it!!!

Kikuchan

Posted at 11:39 PM on January 26, 2013

But. They also said the sire bond with vamps is one in a million and not equivalent to the sire of the wolf

Katie

Posted at 8:45 AM on January 29, 2013

exactly, they said a vampire can only be sired to someone if they already loved them so why are you so insistant that elena does not love damon!?

Jaque

Posted at 11:17 AM on January 22, 2013

Yes she’s in love with Damon

suzie

Posted at 6:14 PM on January 21, 2013

Of course Elena loves Damon, she has loved him for a long long time. The sire bond is not interesting to me at all, nor is the cure story line. I am disappointed that their first love scene was interupted by Carolyn, and that she tells Damon she loves him on the phone. But, aside from all of that, I really think this show would work better if they just allow these two people to get together, authentically. And to drop the sire bond and “cure” thing altogether. The shows has some very interesting charactors that we could have a lot of fun with. Having Stephen fall in love with someone else, Jeremy and Bonne, Klaus and Carolyn, etc… and it would be very fun to see Damon and Elena really be together. To see that true love grow on screen (but to still have Damon be that same old controlling person he always was… Elena may be annoyed with him, but she prefers his “caveman” ways much more than she realizes (a lot of women do, which is why women are drawn to charactors like Damon).

Elise

Posted at 2:07 PM on February 3, 2013

Suzie, You are absolutely right. The writers need to stop messing up Damon and Elena, or they will find very low ratings when the fans get sick of it and quit watching the show.

kett

Posted at 10:02 PM on February 3, 2013

what i think is love is about knowing yourself.she doesnt have to be a vampire before all that love goes to demon.the man she use to love is out of the pic completely.that isnt a love.elena love stefine. demon on the other hand who wanted his brother girl a long time.take this opportunity to take advantage of elena,like carolina said and i agree with her.elena was still fighting to see if see really love demon. then she realize it was stefine.if a original vampire compel that is not true love.elenna is the second person that has been compel to demon.

kett

Posted at 10:05 PM on February 3, 2013

let demon use this opptunity while he still has it. but elena and stefine will get back together.i dont trust demon with her.remember what ruby said stefine love is pure.as for demon it is either her worst.

katie

Posted at 12:48 PM on January 21, 2013

Also stefan fans who keep saying for elena to go back to sefan, woudn’t that just be so horrible, because she already slept with damon. Because you have already been telling Us Damon fans that she is a slut because she went from stefan to Damon. But you want her to go back to stefan?! You really aren’t making sense now!!

I’m just saying because stefan fans are being such hypocrites, but i Love Damon and Elena!!! I do NOT want her to go back to sefan!!

gonzalezm27

Posted at 9:37 AM on January 23, 2013

I am a fan of the Characters from the book and I believe that keeping Elena and Damon won’t be a dishonor to these beautiful love story that happens to be about Things of the supernatural world. Don’t you think that this Series has a responsibility to keep to the integrity even slightly like the book? I understand what draws the Elena n Damon fans to them and they do have have Chemistry but it’s because they really are together but I don’t believe that their Characters should be together. I believe Damon Deserves better and so does Stefan. I respect your opinion but I want this series to at least respect the love aspects of the stories from the books. I don’t think Elena is a slut but I am upset that they allowed her Character to take her innocence and her differences from Catherine away from herself by sleeping with both brothers.

sinead

Posted at 11:19 AM on January 24, 2013

oh my word i totally agree with you! i don’t like Elena in season 4. she is losing everything that separates her from Katherine.

Kikuchan

Posted at 11:41 PM on January 26, 2013

Damon slept Witt he whole town so how is he a better choice than her going back to Stephen? Hello?

Emma

Posted at 2:29 PM on February 3, 2013

Elena already slept with Stefan too.

Canuckfan

Posted at 12:25 PM on January 21, 2013

Here’s a thought…somehow have Damon end up taking the cure, breaking the sire bond completely because he’s no longer a vamp and then have Someone change him back. That way Elena stays a vampire (and not the weak link that puts everyone else at risk and constantly chased to provide hybrid-making blood) but the sire bond is a dead issue. Of course, if Elena turned around and sired him, he’d probably form the bond with her.

Cathleen

Posted at 4:22 AM on January 21, 2013

Julie Plec said that there will always be doubt regarding Elena’s love for Damon because of the sire bond. Plec’s statement is very inconsistent with the fact that was revealed that the reason why Elena bonded to Damon is because she loved him already when she was human, a feeling that is magnified when she became a vampire. There should never be any doubt anymore as to Elena’s feelings for Damon. Nevertheless, all this pronouncements from Plec make me believe that Season 4 will not end up well for Delena fans. Here is my take of how the rest of Season 4 will happen. Season 1 to 3 is the life of human Elena while Season 4 is the life of vampire Elena. The human Elena belongs to Stefan while the vampire Elena belongs to Damon. Even before Damon and Elena’s love story was consummated in Episode 7, the idea of a cure for vampirism was already introduced for one reason only. That is to bring back the human Elena. Now all characters of the show are desperate to find it and my guess is by Episode 16 or 17 the cure will be available already which probably will make Elena human again by Episode 18. A lot of fans might argue that bringing Stefan and Elena back together will just cheapened the Elena’s character and will make her a slut in the process bringing a lot of haters. Who would want a heroine who is a slut, I’m sure nobody does. That is why the idea of the sire bond was also introduced for one reason only. That is to justify Elena’s actions including why she had sex with Damon. All the epic Delena scenes will become meaningless then since all of it happened with Elena being influenced by the sire bond. It is not her free will that made her did all the things she did especially when Damon is invilved. The TVD executives are out to destroy Damon by the end of Season 4. My guess is that by the final episode of the season, we will end up with the same scenario in Season 3, that is Elena choosing between Stefan and Damon again. Who do you think that human Elena will will choose? Stefan Of course. This really brings a bad taste to my mouth. WEhat do you think Delena fans? Is my speculation near to the truth or way off from the truth? Comment pls.

katie

Posted at 11:34 AM on January 21, 2013

My bet is the choice is between taking the cure or not, not between damon and stefan, although choosing the cure or not could also determin choosing damon or stefan. But my guess is that she may not want to actually take the cure.

Emma

Posted at 2:31 PM on February 3, 2013

She already picked Stefan in season 3!

delena fan

Posted at 1:29 PM on January 21, 2013

I sadly agree with you on almost anything, since the writers haven’t managed to create an interesting character of Stefan (if he isn’t in love with Elena), they will have to keep the triangle alive as long as possible. And the cure + sire bond is still keeping stelena a possible ending. They will probably make Damon do some “unforgivable” things while searching for the cure, which makes Elena doubt her love for Damon. And when they finally find it, she will yet againg be confused by her feelings for the Salvatore brothers. But I think they will lose too many fans if she goes back to Stefan just like that, being human is going to leave Elena undecided. I don’t think she’s going to choose anyone in the end of S4, the more interesting thing to debate is who is going to take the cure and why??? Is Elena really going to take the cure? Is somebody else also going to take it???

delena fan

Posted at 1:36 PM on January 21, 2013

*everything (not anything), excuse me for my bad english.

Cathy O.

Posted at 3:02 PM on January 22, 2013

I hate to have to say it but I agree with everything you said Cathleen about how the remaining episodes will go. I also think by the end of the season it will be a repeat of the end of last season with Elena choosing and going right back to Stefan. If so, I probably won’t tune in for Season 5. I am a huge Delena fan so for her to go back to Stefan with a lame excuse about Delena being due to the sire bond will be too much for me. Anyone who has been watching the show consistently knows Elena has been in love with Damon for a long time. The triangle thing is really getting old and needs to be wrapped up. All this switching back and forth from brother to brother is ridiculous.

p.b.j.m.u.b.

Posted at 10:55 PM on January 23, 2013

the end of the season, damon will be the #1 most hated character and elana will have taken the cure and now shes confused about her feelings again. she will now say she’s not going to choose
……. blah blah blah…… just so we cam put off her final decision and throw a bone of hope to Stelana fans.

Delena Dreams (@DelenaDreams143)

Posted at 10:49 PM on January 20, 2013

I dont understand why everyone (the fans) can doubt that Elena’s love for Damon isn’t an affect of the Sire Bond because the writers went out of there way to tell us, through the witch in 4×08, that the Sire Bond exists because of Elena’s HUMAN feelings for Damon. Now, one can argue that her finally choosing to let Stefan go and be with Damon is an affect of the Sire Bond, but quite honestly, if that’s what it takes for this girl to finally do what her heart has been telling her to do since the end of season 3, then so be it. This episode tells you that the sole reason she has been holding back what she feels for Damon is because she didn’t what to hurt Stefan. So no, there is no doubt in my mind that what Elena’s feels for Damon is real. I love Elena’s character because of the fact that she was so conflicted with her feelings for these two because what 18 year old girl would know what do in a situation like that? It’s normal to fall out of love with someone and let them go because you fall in love with someone else. What isn’t normal and very immature, is fighting your feelings for someone because you don’t want to hurt someone else and surrendering to a life of misery with that person for that very reason. I have always said that Elena choosing Stefan that night and ignoring her feelings for Damon was only going to end up with Elena doing something that would hurt Stefan more than just letting him go to begin with, and that is exactly what happened in this episode.

cherqt75@yahoo.com

Posted at 2:55 PM on January 21, 2013

Did it occur to any of you that Rebekah could have compelled Elena to say those things to Stefan before she brought Caroline & Stefan to the room?

Delena Dreams (@DelenaDreams143)

Posted at 3:41 PM on January 21, 2013

Rebekah was draggered the during the whole sire bond reveal and she didn’t even know that they broke up, so how would she have known to compel Elena to say that she was in love with Damon? No, I think she initially just wanted to know what was going on with the cure and saw an opportunity to get back at Stefan and took it.

Ari Kiara (@VervainLacedRum)

Posted at 10:00 PM on January 22, 2013

That scenario literally has no logical properties whatsoever.
1st.Rebekah didn’t even know they broke up.
2nd.Why would she even want to do that? The initial reason that she brought them there,was to talk about the cure. Elena confessing she loves Damon was an extra thing when she noticed all of the tension.

DE-MEANT-2B

Posted at 10:34 AM on January 23, 2013

did it ever occur to you how desperate you sound?

Winnie

Posted at 12:00 AM on January 28, 2013

How could that be possible??? Rebekah didn’t find out that Stefan and Elena were broken up or that she had slept with Damon until babbler-mouth Caroline spilled…that makes NO sense whatsoever. Rebekah didn’t compel her to say anything other than the truth…

Deborah

Posted at 1:16 AM on January 25, 2013

THANK YOU (Delena Dreams) for every bloody word! The worst part of this show isn’t the writing…it’s the fanbase that seems to be mainly comprised of catty teenage girls (or emotional teenagers). Each person has their preference re: which brother Elena should choose (or neither) but it always boggles my mind the way fans bash Elena’s character for being supposedly fickle. Elena is a teenage girl who is being doggedly pursued by two MUCH OLDER (hundreds of years older) men. In the real world *without all the ridiculous supernatural drama*, it’s perfectly natural for someone her age to grow and change and yes, even perhaps fall in love more than once. That doesn’t make her a slut and it certainly doesn’t make her Katherine. Katherine is an unrepentant killer (granted, still sexy as all get out …tangent…) Elena just comes across as a confused girl who happens to love two men. What I will never understand is how so many Stefan and/or Damon fans completely ignore (or offer incredibly lame excuses) for the actions of the brothers yet Elena is positively vilified for acting her age. Other than killing the Hunter (in self defense *after* he had shot her own brother)…the worst thing Elena has done is develop feelings for both Stefan and Damon. Yes, she’s clearly a demon from hell. Now, compare that to a small sampling of the atrocities that Stefan and Damon have committed…
1) Ripper!Stefan…if an alcoholic killed someone while under the influence…how much leeway do you think they’d get in a court of law? Just because you’re an addict doesn’t excuse the crimes you commit. Frankly, if Stefan truly had an ounce of decency, he would’ve taken a walk in the sun after his first killing spree.
2) Damon…murders Elena’s brother right in front of her. This should’ve been the end to even the vaguest possibility of Delena (and for the record, I actually prefer Delena)
3) (a 160+ year old Stefan)…woos and sleeps with (a 16 year old) Elena without mentioning that she just happens to be the physical duplicate of his old girlfriend.
4) Damon…is an unrepentant killer…but at least he owns his actions. I much prefer an unrepentant killer to whateverthehell Stefan is
5) Stefan…forced his own brother to turn.
6) Damon…has consistently hurt Caroline and Bonnie (Elena’s best friends)
7) Stefan…force feeds Elena his own blood and then threatens to drive her off of Wickery Bridge.(just to get revenge against Klaus). This should’ve been the end of Stelena.
8) Stefan & Damon…both of these fine men had feelings for Katherine *and* Elena yet I very rarely hear any (teenage girls) fans complain that either of them are fickle. Not to mention all the other female characters they’re allowed to bang (while supposedly in love with Elena).

Anna

Posted at 5:58 PM on February 3, 2013

She didnt kill the hunter in self defense, she killed the hunter because Damon told her to.

Lucy

Posted at 10:28 PM on January 20, 2013

It is upsetting that every milestone Damon and Elena reach has been tainted, but I have hope that it will all be worth it in the end. A coworker at DISH and I have longed discussed the sire bond and it’s implications, and we both agree that Elena’s feelings have nothing to do with it. I can’t wait to see their relationship progress during the search for the cure with my DISH Hopper. My late work schedule makes it impossible to watch my favorite shows when they first air, so I always make sure my DVR is set to automatically record everything. It helps that I can record multiple shows at the same time, and with how busy I am when I get home, I love the Whole-Home HD DVR. It lets me start watching in one room, and finish in another, giving me a chance to see the whole episode while getting chores done. I have not been a fan of the sire bond concept this season, though I have coped by realizing that everything will find a way to work out one way or another.

Louise

Posted at 9:25 PM on January 20, 2013

Delena plz dont dó that to us – god damit – we waited 3 years already .. But only dó it if its to drag out and they Will Be end game :) Then its okay.. Really cant see elena with anyone Else :/

Bella

Posted at 4:12 PM on January 20, 2013

Vampirism intensifies feelings, Elena could no longer resist the love that she felt for Damon! DELENA FOREVER!!!!

Bella

Posted at 4:06 PM on January 20, 2013

Elena loves Damon, vampirism amplifies the feelings, so it was impossible to resist the love that Elena has vampire before exisitia!!!! DELENA FOREVER!!!

cherqt75@yahoo.com

Posted at 12:19 PM on January 21, 2013

Sorry guys. I disagree. I think Elena & Stefan are the perfect match. Damon only fell for Elena because she looked like Catherine when he first met her. Stefan stayed because he wanted to get to know her, and that’s what he did and they fell in love. He didn’t take advantage of her or use her. He lets her make her own choices and is there for her always; no matter what it takes. Damon consumes her; it is an animal magnetism attraction; purely sexual. How can Damon love her and then sleep with someone who tries to kill her, like Rebekah? Open your eyes. If there is one thing I’ve learned over the years, loving the bad guys or bad brother always gets you hurt and is never worth it!

katie

Posted at 1:35 PM on January 21, 2013

ok this is not ture!! Damon only stuck around because he needed to be in mystic falls to release catherine. Stefan only fell for elena because she looked like catherine. Damon fell in love with her over time because of who she is, NOT who she looks like!! Stefan grew apart from elena over time futher showing that he is more in love with catherine than he ever was with elena.

delena fan

Posted at 4:07 PM on January 21, 2013

It seems that you have had a bad experience with a “bad boy”, but don’t let Damon get the fall for that. The first time Damon met Elena, he was still in love with Katherine and had a plan to rescue her from the grave under the church. Sure he found her interesting because she looked like Katherine, but who wouldn’t be, honestly? I mean that was also the reason Stefan came out of hiding and stayed to get to know her., wasn’t it? “I know it’s a risk but I have to know her”, does that ring any bells? I think Stefan never completley closed the door with Katherine and that’s the reason he was so fascinated with Elena in the beginning. When he realesed Elena was much kinder and sweeter than Katherine, he fell in love with her. Well, that’s how he explained it to Elena when she found the picture of Katherine, right? Whereas Damon really got to know her as he tried to save Katherine, Damon became her friend and then when he realized who Katherine really was, he gradually fell for Elena.

When has Damon ever used or taken advantage of Elena?

Stefan didn’t let Elena make her own choice, when he let Jeremy kill vampires without Elena knowing in 4×07. You stelena fans can’t use that argument anymore, because it’s not valid anymore.

delena fan

Posted at 4:11 PM on January 21, 2013

(on my own comment to this comment) *realized (not realesed)

Ari Kiara (@VervainLacedRum)

Posted at 10:18 PM on January 22, 2013

That..makes to sense.
1st.When Damon first came to Mystic Falls he didn’t love Elena,so how can he love her because of Katherine. By the time he fell for Elena he hated Katherine.
2nd. Stefan from day one LIED and kept secrets, hides his past and made his brother out to be the “big bad wolf” and him as the scared little boy who has done nothing wrong.
3rd.”No matter where it takes” Yea well it got her killed.
4th.Now not only did Stefan let Elena die to keep his good image,in a sense he let Damon die also by telling his father of Katherine.
5th. Back to present day Stefan saw his beloved “Katherine” that he thought was dead, and he realized that she was none other than Elena gilbert he still followed her because she reminded him of his lost love, didn’t matter the fact that she wasn’t, he just had to know her. Now why do you want to get to know someone you hate O__o
6th.And I repeat,when they first met in 3×22 he did not fall for her..

p.b.j.m.u.b.

Posted at 10:59 PM on January 23, 2013

he slept with rebackah because elana was breaking his heart, that’s just his way of coping. however unethical and stupid.

Emma

Posted at 2:33 PM on February 3, 2013

I think they are a perfect match too.