‘Vampire Diaries’ Recap: Elena Tells Stefan How She Feels About Damon

Thu, January 17, 2013 9:29pm EDT by 83 Comments
Vampire Diaries Season 4 Episode 10
Courtesy of The CW

María

Posted at 5:31 AM on January 19, 2013

I’m so happy Elena finally told Damon she loves him… It’s a perfect couple (both in the series and in real life)… I wish they would be together, Delena’s fans haven’t had enough fun yet… I can’t stand Stefan…

Kikuchan

Posted at 10:28 PM on January 20, 2013

Why can’t stand Stephen? If it weren’t for him she would have never been alive in the first place, hello! He did everything for her and Damon! Instead Damon killed her brother slept with isobel, etc….seriously don’t understand how you can’t see Stephen is the perfect choice for Elena

Arlene

Posted at 12:25 AM on January 19, 2013

I don’t want Elena with any of them anymore. They deserve better. Elena is just making me mad because one day she tells one he chooses him and loves him then a few days later tells the other she is in love with him. However obviously she’s going to stay with one of them soooo in that case team Selena!!

Brandi

Posted at 12:33 PM on January 19, 2013

I love how elena says she loves Stefan still, then calls Damon not even an hour later to tell him she loves him…….really??!

Nicole

Posted at 7:41 PM on January 18, 2013

I’m so happy that Elena told Damon that she loves him. When he told her to go and visit him i was so happy.

Kikuchan

Posted at 10:29 PM on January 20, 2013

It’s a sire bond! Hello

IHeartLux

Posted at 4:34 PM on January 18, 2013

Finally she stood up for herself! And I think Rebekah and Stefan will fall in love.

ken

Posted at 12:28 PM on January 18, 2013

Do any of you Delena shippers honestly think it’s happy ever-after? You think the triangle is never going to surface again right? Enjoy a few episodes with Elena sure and Damon still questing her feeling, but she will try to pull Stefan back to her. It’s the story and this is defiantly not the end game. The shoe will drop, but maybe not for a while.

drqagon

Posted at 2:08 PM on January 18, 2013

Team delena enjoy while can… the end will be epic, of course sire bond causing it and without luv twist…stelena story will get bored….So those who happy with delena…its not really not gonna last longer …. happy dreaming!

kougie757

Posted at 8:34 PM on January 18, 2013

I think we all know the love triangle will resurface, and eventually she will get back with Stefan. However, to say Delena is not endgame, you never know. Going back to stefan again doesn’t mean she wont yet again dump him for damon. Just because stefan was first does not make it THE story, it can always change. Look at daw son’s creeek. Dawson and Joey were the story, but then everyone decided they liked joey and pacey better in season 3 ,and it became about their love. you never know.

Lolly

Posted at 12:24 PM on January 18, 2013

Delena <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<3
But I still luv stefan

xcvbn

Posted at 12:03 PM on January 18, 2013

delena forever!!! <333333333333333

ken

Posted at 11:01 AM on January 18, 2013

After Bex released the compulsion why was Elena running Stefan saying “stef wait”? Look I thought Stelena was only great in S1. We have an 18 yr old fickled high school, professing her undying love for one brother and flirting with the other one for 3 yrs. The girl doesn’t know what she wants. Stefan belongs with Katherine! Sure she played with both but only told one she loved him. Stefan’s interaction w/ Kat started changing after2.04 – when he found out Kat didn’t compel his love. Guys are shallow – you have the same package, but one has 500 yrs experience, who’s really better in the sack!!! All Kat has to do is finish her revenge on Klaus and show up.

aline

Posted at 8:41 AM on January 18, 2013

quite frankly i don’t care much for Stelena/Delena drama anymore,but to me it looks like Stelena will be endgame though i believe that it’s time for Stefan to find a girl that will not secretly yearn for his brother lol. and I am much more into caroline and bonnie as female characters…let’s not forget the epic Rebekah lol. by the way…how does damon know that Elena will forever be his…coz while she was with Stefan she gave him the same speech about love that she’s now giving Stefan. love Damon to bits and will hate for her to change her mind again;( but if she does,i’ll be glad if Stefan rejects her,loool that would be epic!

d.harris

Posted at 7:43 AM on January 18, 2013

for me ,it feels like betrayal,stephan has turn his back over what is right just to save elena and now this.not happy at all about that.

Lina

Posted at 6:43 AM on January 18, 2013

This is just pathetic. The fact that Elena can do such a 180 when she was in love with Stefan just several episodes before completely astounds me. What’s worse is the fact that people truly believe Delena will last… Elena is so similar to Stefan, it’s a joke and when she comes running back to him, it will be too late. I get that she has to try the brother out too but it’s not going to end well for her and Damon. Honestly, Damon needs someone who hasn’t test driven his brother out first!!

Delena

Posted at 8:13 AM on January 18, 2013

Actually dear, Elena has been in love with Damon since season 2, she just never wanted to admit it to herself or anyone, because she was trying to do what she thought was the right thing by everyone. Why can’t you ppl see it, what Damon and Elena have is so much more than what she shared with Stefan. Stefan only loves her when she is a certain way, the way he wants her to be. Damon loves her no matter what or how she is, that is true love. IF Stefan truly loved her, he wouldnt try and change her, he would accept her but he doesn’t. And just a little fact, Damon was with Katherine first, then Stefan. He also met Elena first, so let that go.

LizEvans99

Posted at 4:47 PM on January 18, 2013

WTG! I couldn’t agree with you more!! I am so glad there is someone else who can really see and understand Elena. I have been waiting for what seems like forever for Elena to fully realise and accept her feelings for Damon, I am SO glad it finally happened. One thing that bugs me, I was wondering if it bugged anyone else… Tyler has said, and we’ve seen, that a sire bond doesnt effect your emotions. Tyler hated Klaus, but physically he had to do what he said. Why has this totally been thrown aside? This cure for imortality has me freaked too. The way Shane was talking about it, I think that if a vampire takes it they will die. They are the eternally living dead. Take away the eternal life and you just have death.

Kikuchan

Posted at 10:34 PM on January 20, 2013

That’s because he wanted her and she was his brothers! Hello, Damon tried controlling her in season 3 and Elena chose Stephen in the end! She loves Stephen but attracted to Damon

B'

Posted at 6:15 AM on January 18, 2013

Whether it will last with Damon and Elena it was Damon time to get something he wanted! Every time Elena picked Stephen he had to accept it now Stephen should do the same but he can’t…he let her die her choice she choosing Damon her choose Stephen is such a baby at times.. I did feel bad for him that had to hurt

NataliaWY

Posted at 1:29 AM on January 18, 2013

I’m with you on this one. Happy, happy, happy.

Suzanne

Posted at 12:14 AM on January 18, 2013

I think the writers have ruined two epic moments!
1) the first time elena and Damon sleep together it s interrupted by Carolyn’s rambling ( who is growing more annoying after every episode)
2) the first time elena tells Damon she loves him it s over the phone? Really?

And seriously? Why did they add the April character? Seems really unnecessary and takes away from the characters we do love….

leah

Posted at 5:31 PM on January 18, 2013

At first I didn’t like it that the ILY was over the phone but when you think about it it’s better bc there is less chance of it being bc of the SB. They are not together so I don’t believe the SB had anything to do with that phone call and her admission of love.

lexi

Posted at 12:11 AM on January 18, 2013

I absolutely think that damon and elena are the peeeerrrrfeeeecttttt couple.
I love you damon!!!!!!!!

delena fan

Posted at 12:08 AM on January 18, 2013

I’m totally in love with this episode!!! It’s my favorite in S4 so far! Loved, loved the scene with Elena being compelled to be honest (don’t you wish that would have happened earlier!). I laughed so hard at the whole Rebecah scheme, I mean she came to the truth about her feelings in a matter of seconds!!! Just loved it and loved Damon’s face when she told him that she loved him, so pure of joy!

Have one question though; what do you guys think about the dead people in the bar? Did Damon give his promission to Klaus? I didn’t understand his comment to Jeremy. That would be very bad, because Elena will (of course) blame Damon for that.

Looch on Crack (@_larissa_bg)

Posted at 11:46 PM on January 17, 2013

DELENA ALL THE WAY!!!!! I still can not believe ittt…. “I love you, Damon!… I love you!” *-*

Lina

Posted at 6:42 AM on January 18, 2013

abe

Posted at 11:07 PM on January 17, 2013

you too think of vinegar & urine now?

Hayzeus

Posted at 11:00 PM on January 17, 2013

Im just happy Stefan is finally beginning to get over Elena. I am not a fan of Stelena at all, I dont care who Elena chooses.. This would be the PERFECT time for Katherine to make a return though, but knowing TVD Stefan is just going to be lonely for the rest of the season until he gets the cure.

Dlei

Posted at 10:58 PM on January 17, 2013

I must say, this blog had my laughing out loud, just great. I’ll hafta pop on back here weekly for a lil laugh after my favourite show!!!

I must say, the show just pulls my heart strings when there is always awesome music playing when Damon and Elena have epic scenes. I hope these scenes continue; the chemistry between the two is amazing (clearly it helps that they’re an off-screen couple).

Anne

Posted at 10:58 PM on January 17, 2013

So after 3 season we Stefan fans have been led to believe that Elena and Stefan are in love. “Epic Love”. Elena has now admitted she loves Damon and they’ve made love. Not being a spoiled sport and I respect the actors of this show. Just feel like we’ve been played. Won’t be watching the show anymore. Guess Ian and Nina are together in real life and wanted to be on the show. In any case onto another show.

Anna

Posted at 12:30 AM on January 18, 2013

“Guess Ian and Nina are together in real life and wanted to be on the show.”
Seriously, is that what you think? Wow! Yeah, you’d better move onto another show if you have no respect for the actors’ professionalism.

DE-MEANT-2B

Posted at 1:36 AM on January 18, 2013

excuse me, but exactly how do you feel that you have been played? you were aware that the premise of the show was about a love triangle between a girl and 2 vampire brothers! at some point don’t you think she was gonna have to fall in love with damon? stefan is the 1 that wanted to erase her from his memory cuz he can’t handle the pain or the truth! damon would live an eternity of pain as long as elena was happy and he would NEVER want to erase any memory of her. we all go through the pain of the loss of someone we loved but who the hell would want to erase and forget all those memories cuz they’re too painful? someone who is only thinking of themself..thats who!!

KD

Posted at 4:01 AM on January 18, 2013

It’s a TRIANGLE Anne. Wasn’t the whole 3 seasons of Elena totally smitten with Stefan enough for you, you have to complain about 4 episodes of DE. Stefan and Elena always had lies, holes, a lot of avoiding and pretending in their high school romance. Characters do mature, change and grow. SE shippers are the spoilt, hateful, tantrum brats of this fandom. I enjoy this show, but truthfully I’ll be glad when it’s all over.

NH

Posted at 8:27 PM on February 11, 2013

im sorry but your making a sterotypical comment saying that all selena fans are spoilt, hateful, tantrum brats. get over yourself its a tv show. im not going to say that i prefer delena over selena because i dont but whoever she ends up with you have no control over it so instead of saying nasty things about selena fans just voice your opinion on who you want her to be with. In my opinion elena dpesnt deserve any of them. she is a flip flopper she never knows who she likes and she is just like katerine.she is spliting the brothers up.she should just leave them alone

TehD

Posted at 5:41 AM on January 18, 2013

“I didn’t get what I wanted ASAP, so I quit.” Really? Delena fans watched Elena reject him for 98% of 3 seasons, and one episode makes you throw in the towel?

To clarify, I love Delena, but believe Stelena will be endgame. Either way, I’m not a quitter. What will be, will be–and it will not be until the very final episode of the very final season.

TL;DR: Grow up and enjoy the drama.

twobells

Posted at 2:41 PM on January 18, 2013

I knew that Elena had enough in $x05 when sitting on the roof she said to Stefan: “I’ll be a friend and a sister’. Lets be brutally honest, Elena has been falling out of love with Stefan since the end of S2, if Plec reboots Stelena now the show will lose all credibility.

Katerina

Posted at 10:37 PM on January 17, 2013

Yes yes yes! Delena always and forever!

Mandalynca

Posted at 10:03 PM on January 17, 2013

I just hope that the writers will not use the sire bond and say that it overrides being compelled, and Elena’s feelings are only due to the sire bond – which I think they will do. They use Delena to tease and annoy the fans. They should give Delena a clean shot or stop it quickly as they will loose ratings by p***ing off a lot of fans.

Kikuchan

Posted at 10:41 PM on January 20, 2013

You honestly think there are more delena fans you are wrong!!!!!!!

Ally

Posted at 9:55 PM on January 17, 2013

Poor Stefan! I felt so bad for him! I love him and he deserves to be happy.

henninggirl

Posted at 10:20 PM on January 17, 2013

Sure when he’s not nursing his vampire version of a madonna/whore complex. They broke up before she slept with Damon. For the record, I don’t care who she ends up with, and I think Damon has been equally deplorable in the past. And since the beginning of the season, Stefan’s basically been looking for this cure because now she’s not worthy. Gross.

Kikuchan

Posted at 10:44 PM on January 20, 2013

Excuse me! Don’t you people remember that Elena never wanted to be a vampire! And because Stephen loves her soooo much he is trying to do right by her! Not just fix her for him but because he knows she never wanted to be one and he is fixing his mistakes!

XOXO

Posted at 3:03 AM on January 18, 2013

He does deserve to be happy and it’s not with Elena. Give him someone else – someone better.

Monica Anders

Posted at 9:41 PM on January 17, 2013

Damon looking up (at Alaric) is what killed me THE MOST in this episode. Viva Dalaric.

joyce nyambura

Posted at 8:33 AM on January 18, 2013

the reparation of the past demon for demon and Stefan

joyce nyambura

Posted at 8:57 AM on January 18, 2013

sorry Stephen i know how much it hurts when u lose someone u love