Justin Bieber Wants Selena Gomez Back But She Needs ‘Space’ — Report

Wed, January 16, 2013 5:26pm EDT by 40 Comments
Justin Bieber Wants Selena Gomez Back
Invision/AP, Getty

Selena’s parents are thrilled she split with Justin, according to a new report, but he ‘thinks they could get back together.’ Yikes! See what else is going on with the couple below!

Selena Gomez, 20, won’t be getting back with Justin Bieber, 18, anytime soon — especially if she’s listening to her family. Her mom Mandy and step dad Brian are actually relieved Selena is single, according to Life & Style magazine.

Her parents were thrilled with the timing considering that only three days after their breakup, Justin was photographed allegedly smoking marijuana on Jan. 2.

“Selena and her mother are super close, and she doesn’t want Selena held back by Justin and all this drama,” the insider told the magazine.

They added, “Her mom always thought the relationship was troubled.”

“Selena has cut off Justin. She told him they can remain friends but she needs space for a while to get over him fully.”

Bieber, on the other hand, isn’t ready to let go. “He thinks they could get back together.” Perhaps his new love songs on his upcoming acoustic album will tug at Selena’s heartstrings?

On Jan. 9, he tweeted about the album, “Excited for #20Days from now when my acoustic album will let u know how I feel about what is going on in my life instead of rumors guessing. Put it in the music. Guess all u want I speak for myself. #20Days.” It will be available on Jan. 29.

Do you think Selena and Justin will get back together, HollywoodLifers?

Selena Gomez Makes Justin Bieber Jealous In Sexy New Spring Breakers Trailer

More Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber News:

1. Justin Bieber Tweets About ‘Honest’ New Songs — About Selena Gomez?
  2. Selena Gomez Verbally Confirms Justin Bieber Split — Report
  3. Selena Gomez: Happy In First Video Interview After Justin Bieber Split

Kayleigh

Posted at 1:47 AM on January 18, 2013

In a way i feel bad for justin because i don’t think they will get back together this time, and he just won’t let it go…

lilly

Posted at 10:10 PM on January 17, 2013

its kinda hard for me to see them pulling into the direction of full blown relationship again maybe some one night stands but nothing insanly serious and i think selena will be the first to move on from the relationship and someone new

rox

Posted at 4:58 PM on January 17, 2013

I am not predicting, but the way I see things, I find it hard that she will date someone else. Everyone wants to blame Justin but the way guys are nowadays he is perhaps her best catch. Guys are self-centered, egotistic, and feel entitled to everything. Honestly she is losing more than he is. He will find someone really cool and interesting; I don’t know if she will.

d.gabriello

Posted at 2:25 AM on January 18, 2013

My guess is it will be the other way around. Selena is so much more smart and articulate and mature than JB, It’s obvious if you watch each interviewed (without having to know either of them personally). That’s why I didn’t quite “get” how they lasted as long as they did. Must have been amazing chemistry they had. But at this point she can have her pick to date more mature and interesting men, but maybe she should enjoy being single now and hang out with the gal pals like Taylor Swift, Vanessa Hudgens, etc. Who needs a man all the time? Take a break and be single with the gal-pals :-)

m. lowry

Posted at 4:38 PM on January 17, 2013

you need to read the statement by the model barbara palvan in the last few days. She says selena was responsible for all the drama. very interesting.

rox

Posted at 4:36 PM on January 17, 2013

Selena is losing more than he is. But if they are meant to be, they need sometime to be alone and reevaluate their feelings and their relationship. All her happy smiley faces are just to cover up what she is feeling. They both are hurt but they need to stay apart from each other.

m. lowry

Posted at 4:43 PM on January 17, 2013

i think selena may be more responsible for their trouble than a lot of us think. through all of this I have suspected selena is very jealous and justin is easy going. she might have been trying to control justin,

Swiftie

Posted at 12:27 PM on January 17, 2013

Look just because he’s sent a tweet about that doesn’t mean what is going in his life ha sto be sel I mean he’s got a bunch of stuff going on
So no I don’t believe a single word from this article except the fact that they broke up
OH MY GOD that’s a lie he NEVER tweeted that check on twitter
He NEVER tweeted that u lying site urgh

Nupba

Posted at 8:43 AM on January 17, 2013

selena is a grown woman & she will do whatever she decide to do whatever work for her

Siza

Posted at 9:36 AM on January 17, 2013

They just look so cute together. just wish they could patch things up.

Amy

Posted at 5:42 AM on January 17, 2013

lol LIFE STYLE as a source.idk who is more reliable this site or that site.lmao anyone who believes what this site says.this is UNRELIABLE AND FAN FICTION SITE

Jackie-O

Posted at 3:46 AM on January 17, 2013

Sorry I belieb justin is a loser. He is just a blubbering imbecile.

BLUEJAYSGIRLFRIEND

Posted at 8:31 AM on January 17, 2013

Now look hear Selena broke up with him a couple of days after He was spotted smoking (what look like pot if the photo is real) Because he wanted selena. Now think about it if selena was their would he have done that. I do not think so. I do not trust these site look. This could be a act put on by these two ever thought of that. If you look at her twitter she has say or any thing about the break up. She would tell her fans right. I think some thing is a miss hear.

Robert

Posted at 3:35 AM on January 17, 2013

LOL Justin keebler Got DUMPED! CONTRACT VOID. Pay up or SHUT UP.

jelena

Posted at 3:35 AM on January 17, 2013

yesss …
i very hope jelena can back again ..
but i very miss jelena …
parents come on justin selena receive re ..

Jake

Posted at 3:39 AM on January 17, 2013

nah, its over

Jane

Posted at 8:05 AM on January 17, 2013

Jake, oh, u dont know this. & If you dont know not to approve, OK?!!

Swiftie

Posted at 12:35 PM on January 17, 2013

Yeh but he NEVER tweeted that
Now HL are just lying,stupid and a fan fiction because they just mains this jelena relationship into a soap opera
Justin is moving on and so is selena apparently and so o one is desperate for no One
So HL I hope one day u actually RESPECT ur readers and appreciate all the help coz without ur readers ur NOTHING
So I hope u warm ur blood cos ur just a cold blooded liar tha oly cares about the stupid money I get out of this job!
I feel really bad for those people who actually believe this
I’m going to pray for em coz this is just sad
Look at what the media has become soo obsessed that now the celebs don’t have big news the media just make it up!
So so sad 😣😣😣

bubbletwilight21

Posted at 2:48 AM on January 17, 2013

its kinda lik wen ur married, u may fight sometimes but always get over it! i think they shud decide themselves and make a mature decision. do they see each other being married? having kids?

leejames (@leejame97056530)

Posted at 1:45 AM on January 17, 2013

▌▌▌▌▌▌ I just got paid $7500 working off my computer this month. And if you think that’s cool, my divorced friend has twin toddlers and made over $8k her first month. It feels so good making so much money when other people have to work for so much less. This is what I do, ►►►►►► WIKI25.COM
✔✔✔✔The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable onepersists in trying to adapt the world to himself. THeres what I do,efore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

shaylene

Posted at 12:21 AM on January 17, 2013

~Justin is being a jerk & everything even know he’s cute & cool but I’m starting not to like him what he’s been doing now that’s NOT COOL man! Selena needs space & maybe she’s just not the one for you or yeah but all those txt messages from other girls! :’(:’(:’( ! But just do what you gotta do for your selfs ok pce outty~ (Btw I sorda like justin sorda but <3 I geuss) <33333

Jake

Posted at 3:42 AM on January 17, 2013

also you don’t leave a friend, let alone a girl or your girlfriend – the person you are supposed to love, all alone by herself – especially in another country well known for being dangerous for women!!! OMG the possibility is huge. I’m glad her mother was there for her and had her come back to the US immediately. That is really disrespectful of him and proves he has to be on drugs of some sort (steroids, weed, prescription pills, etc)

liz

Posted at 12:06 AM on January 17, 2013

if they really love eachother they both need to forget about the drama and get back together. parents are usually right but its really selena’s decisions to make no theirs!!!!!!!!!

DanielleJean7

Posted at 6:59 PM on January 17, 2013

Parents are not usually right…. I wish that was the case being a parent myself, but I see so many parents screwing up their kids lives because their own marriages have failed, the best thing a parent can do for their kids is to love the other parent, and the second best is teach them how to love others, including young love, so much is lost because people believe young love is silly and dispensable. Parents overprotect their children from the wrong things sometimes.

BLUEJAYS

Posted at 10:05 PM on January 16, 2013

If they did see that they should know that people make mistake and that they should be giving another chance. I it was her and him fighting that cause him to do it if the weed photo are true. Look they Just broke up he was stress have you ever done some thing that you know was wrong. I know she talk about her mother a lot but that doesn’t sound like her mom but why would she be arpartment hunting if it not to move out is because she want to be with Justin bieber make sense Hollywood life yes I am turning your old stories againist you. People who is the one that cause the drama Selena did by breaking with lead him to smoke pot so basic she lead him to drugs (IF THE POT PHOTO IS HIM) She has to take some of the blame to a little I do not think he would of done that if She was with him.

BLUEJAYS

Posted at 9:21 PM on January 16, 2013

It’s these idoit hollywood life intruding in their life that are cause these break up because every time he post a picture with a girl or he hooked up with her maybe if HOLLYWOOD LIFE STOP TWEETING THESE STORIES TO HER THEY CAN MAKE UP BUT AS LONG AS THEY CONTUE TO DO THAT THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE PROBLEMS OK. But I think the will make up she will get alonely and need some one and no one will be their and she will said I know who I can fly to and it will be justin bieber. If their even a small hope justin bieber will find away.

Ashley

Posted at 8:19 PM on January 16, 2013

Like Justin Said. He puts in his music and speaks for himself so im gonna go with that because noone knows more about his life and what he does then him

Ivan Cardona

Posted at 7:07 PM on January 16, 2013

I think he should not communicate with her again; he’s always the one trying to make up. Just forget about her and do your own thing.
Note: I do wish her well.

Siale Pasiama

Posted at 6:52 PM on January 16, 2013

I think selena gomez is much mature and prettier and funnier and more calmer when she is not with justin bieber

rox

Posted at 4:41 PM on January 17, 2013

No she’s not. She is more insecure and tense without him. She looks more calm and at ease with Justin. She just couldn’t take all the text-messaging. He has to knock it off. It is so annoying to be with someone who is not present for you.

rez

Posted at 6:09 PM on January 16, 2013

hl her parents never talk to the media. you people need to stop doing this stories if they are done they are done but don’t do this or her parents could sue you.

anonimo

Posted at 6:03 PM on January 16, 2013

you dont know nothing about Selena and Justin bieber Life.. you always say lies or invent stories 100% not true jajaajjaaj and all the fans some times believe

Ok stop doing rumor or something Sel and Justin are rigth

mashayla

Posted at 6:07 PM on January 16, 2013

THEY DONT BELONG TOGETHER ME AND HIM DO P.S. I LUV U JUSTIN BIEBER

anonimo

Posted at 6:01 PM on January 16, 2013

You always lie stories not true jajajaajaja i so funny

me

Posted at 5:53 PM on January 16, 2013

they gonna stay a couple of months apart and get back together trust me

BLUEJAYS

Posted at 8:09 PM on January 16, 2013

I am going go with your thing she has space now and he add more show wonder why is that the space she wanted look at the end of his tour I would be surprise to see them back together again and that AUG 10 I think do not really know the end to the tour. She reallly if that what she was doing flirting I would just say they were talking. where you proof that Josh and her left hand a hand together maybe she just getting advice from guys side point of view ever thought of that but if it true I think that liitle tweets that my girlfriend dad will change her mind my lord never saw him that him cry but happen when he wrote selena and her daughter and my girlfriend was crying to Me and her little brother was the only one not crying.

SELENATOR HERE!!!

Posted at 5:29 PM on January 16, 2013

wonder if she going to date justin again?