Elton John & David Furnish Welcome Second Child — Congrats

Wed, January 16, 2013 3:15pm EDT by 9 Comments
David Furnish and Elton John Baby
SplashNews

Sir Elton and his husband are parents again! The English couple welcomed their second child via surrogate, another baby boy. Elton even named his new boy after one of his songs — read on to find out what it is!

Elton John and his husband David Furnish have expanded their family! The couple, who are parents to Zachary, 2, have welcomed another baby! David and Sir Elton also reportedly used the same surrogate who delivered their son Zachary two years ago.

They named their new baby Elijah Joseph Daniel Furnish-John after Elton’s 1973 hit “Daniel.” The song features the lyrics, “Daniel my brother, you are older than me…Daniel you’re a star.”

“Elton and David named both their boys after songs. It’s a lovely touch – especially because Daniel is about two brothers,” a friend of the couple’s told the Daily Mail.

Elton & David Buy 7.6 Million Home In Beverly Hills

The couple, who married in 2005 after 12 years together, reportedly bought a lavish home in Beverly Hills for $7,695,000 for their growing family. They sold their swanky Los Angeles apartment.

Sir Elton & David Speak Out About New Baby

“The birth of our second son completes our family in a most precious and perfect way. It is difficult to fully express how we are feeling at this time; we are just overwhelmed with happiness and excitement,” the pair said to UK’s Hello! magazine.

A source revealed that they were paid “mega bucks” for the first pictures of Elija, which they sold to the UK magazine, but the source adds that “every penny” will go do Elton’s charity  the Elton John Charitable Foundation.

Congrats to Elton and David! We wish them and their boys a lifetime of happiness. Are YOU excited for them HollyMoms?

– Christina Stiehl

More Elton John & David Furnish news:

1. Elton John Goes Boating With Son Zachary Furnish-John — Cute Pic
  2. Elton John & Neil Patrick Harris Vacation With Families In France
  3. Elton John’s Partner David Furnish Vacations With Son Zachary — Cute Pic

Laurie

Posted at 2:56 AM on January 22, 2013

tiki, yea, well people like YOU make Me sick. Everyone is entitled to their opinion…ever heard of that??? I just happen to not agree with 2 men raising a child – so get over it!!!

tiki

Posted at 3:27 PM on January 19, 2013

so happy for them! I hope the surrogate recovers quickly and the little family is happy and healthy!

Laurie, people like you make me sick. what about singe parents? there’s only one sex there. my mom raised my brother and me as a single mom, after my dad died. we were fine without a father. I’m sure the boys will have a mother figure in their lives. smh. complainin about someone having two parental figures is silly.

Laurie

Posted at 12:05 AM on January 18, 2013

Oh, I know what you thought I meant – when I said SIR I meant Elton’s name/title – you idiot…I didn’t mean that calling him sir was an “old” tradition.

Laurie

Posted at 12:03 AM on January 18, 2013

SingleMomma, I sleep just fine, cause I know I raised my 2 children the way they should have been raised – with a MOTHER AND A FATHER! What the hell does saying “yes ma’am” have to do with Elton being too old… he will be dead before the kids are raised. He is in his 60′s for God sakes!!

leanne

Posted at 7:08 AM on January 17, 2013

hope they are happy family i not a one to judge

Heather

Posted at 12:25 AM on January 17, 2013

Honestly Hollywoodlife? I catch spelling and/or grammar mistakes in every single article you post. And the aren’t an English couple. Elton John is English, his partner is CANADIAN.

Laurie

Posted at 12:25 AM on January 17, 2013

IDIOTS!!! Poor kids to not have a mother around, plus, “SIR” is WAY TOO OLD to be raising a baby. Oh wait, I’m sure the nannies will do most of the work.

SingleMomma

Posted at 10:02 AM on January 17, 2013

How do you sleep at night!?!?! There is nothing wrong with two fathers! Sometimes it’s the best thing for a child! Also, there is nothing wrong with a little old fashion traditions… My son says ‘yes ma’am’ to me… is that too old?! Why judge them? Because they are a happily married GAY couple who wants to have children!? geeshhh!!!

Andrey Min'kov

Posted at 5:27 PM on January 16, 2013

Pure sex with blessing of Jesus.